• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ and sensors?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
What is your relationship with people with an S preference? Who are your closest S friends that you get a long with? What's it like being an Extrovert with an N preference with a population being dominate S types?

Cygnus

Do you really believe the bullshit about 90% of the population being Sensors?

Just what this place needs -- more Sensor-hate threads aimed at Gamma NTs.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

75% of the population are S. This isn't hate. I just needed information. There's even a video about an ENFJ's giving his relationship with sensors. I don't see how this thread is a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRYa1r0N0o

Cygnus

75% of the population are S. This isn't hate. I just needed information. There's even a video about an ENFJ's giving his relationship with sensors. I don't see how this thread is a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRYa1r0N0o

MBTI is not qualified by science. As a result, any test used to qualify MBTI with scientific population demographics will be incorrect because the parameters for gaging MBTI have not yet been scientifically established.

MBTI population statistics will never be qualified until MBTI is studied by science and an accurate method for isolating the cognitive functions is found. Since scientists don't consider MBTI, there is yet no reliable way to isolate the functions and sort them by population.

There's videos for a lot of things. This video gives little to no indication the people making it studied or have an accurate understanding of MBTI.

Rule of thumb, don't try and use YouTube as a source unless the channel that posted the video is backed by something a little more.....valid.

On the other hand, if you wish to study Cognitive Functions from a closer-to-scientific lens, consider looking into Socionics. Socionics bases more of its information off of critically analyzed sources and the definitions and methods for isolating the functions are much more concrete.
MBTI has lost its luster because it's sank into the realms of business and pop psychology.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
MBTI is not qualified by science. As a result, any test used to qualify MBTI with scientific population demographics will be incorrect because the parameters for gaging MBTI have not yet been scientifically established.

MBTI population statistics will never be qualified until MBTI is studied by science and an accurate method for isolating the cognitive functions is found. Since scientists don't consider MBTI, there is yet no reliable way to isolate the functions and sort them by population.

There's videos for a lot of things. This video gives little to no indication the people making it studied or have an accurate understanding of MBTI.

Rule of thumb, don't try and use YouTube as a source unless the channel that posted the video is backed by something a little more.....valid.

On the other hand, if you wish to study Cognitive Functions from a closer-to-scientific lens, consider looking into Socionics. Socionics bases more of its information off of critically analyzed sources and the definitions and methods for isolating the functions are much more concrete.
MBTI has lost its luster because it's sank into the realms of business and pop psychology.

I wasn't even trying to make a scientific claim.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is your relationship with people with an S preference? Who are your closest S friends that you get a long with? What's it like being an Extrovert with an N preference with a population being dominate S types?

Why do you ask?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

I decided I would do a tally of how many people I know of each type (that I could think of at the time). There were 16 Ss and 27 Ns, with NFP being the most common, followed by ESFJ and INTJ. It's possible I am mistyping a number of people but I don't think it would skew the results -that- much.

So, if there is a majority of Sensors in the population, I am yet to observe it.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I decided I would do a tally of how many people I know of each type (that I could think of at the time). There were 16 Ss and 27 Ns, with NFP being the most common, followed by ESFJ and INTJ. It's possible I am mistyping a number of people but I don't think it would skew the results -that- much.

So, if there is a majority of Sensors in the population, I am yet to observe it.

And global warming isn't real, because it gets cold in the winter time.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
And global warming isn't real, because it gets cold in the winter time.

I chuckled because I found this amusing...until I thought about the fact that this argument actually exists. Now I just want to throw something at someone.*

*so basically I'm back to normal

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Because I'm curious. It's eight post guys and I haven't gotten a single answer to my question. My thread is being derailed.

Wow. Well, I am not an ENTJ, I am an ENFJ, but I am going to put in my 2 cents. I have found it really interesting since discovering MBTI that almost all of my close friends are N's and not S's. The 2 (out of 6) close friends who are S's are a ISTJ and a ESTJ. They are both females and we got along really well for the most part. The ISTJ and I in particular like a lot of the same books, music, and shows, so we have a lot to talk about. I care about them both and I think we have good platonic relationships, but there are times with both of them that I feel like I am hitting a brick wall. I am fairly certain this is because I am using my iNtuition and they are (obviously) not using there N and are not picking up on it. Communication is a little more difficult with a sensor for me, but honestly if I am just more conscious of my speech and use 'words' instead of beaming N at them, it all works out fine.

As far as being a N in a S world....I really don't notice it much and that is probably because I have unconsciously surrounded myself with mainly N's. I will say that it makes a lot more sense to me why there are so many police men/women. I would hate that job SOOOO much. Thanks, S's for taking the jobs that I would not want and doing a good job! :wink:

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
What are sensors?..... However, I'm intrigued by the responses to the op.

Lark

This has really made me think about how well I know people as I couldnt type any of my immediate social circle let alone beyond that, part of this I'm able to say is that my interest in psychology and MBTI relates mainly to an interest in the self and self-improvement, although I've been reading lately about how that is part of a kind of social malaise and the unconscious conditioning for the status quo of "neo-liberal agents unawares" so I've started to think about how interested in others I really ought to be and to try and discover how they tick and why they do a lot of the stupid or crazy shit they do but in the main I really did think about how I wasnt able to type people I know and how well I know them.

Maybe that's just a thing and the nature of relationships are weaker and shallower than they have ever been.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The funny thing is, those "extroverts" will tell you they are introverts. The E, indicates the position of the J (ExTJ), which leads to, Te-first/dom. Instead of Te-aux (IxTJ)

Anyway, I'm not contributing anything to this thread... :smile:

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sensors are annoying, and usually don't like ENTJ's. To bad I make more money than them

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sensors are annoying, and usually don't like ENTJ's. To bad I make more money than them

who are you and why am I even supposed to care about you again? :coffee:

or are you just going to continue going about and spouting generalizations about every type and feeling super awesome about yourself for having done so?

I could put in some effort to annoy you, but I have better things to do

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I actually have no issues with ENTJs. They are extroverted INTJs whigh in get along with really good. The only issue I can see some have with me is that I am a master of all trades and they usually have a specific specialty in which they do very well at. Probably why they make more on average then other types. Our last round of layoffs though and he got cut, I still have my job.

Curious how things will play out when America realizes how management heavy they really are and all those ENTJs end up in other management type jobs that are not considered management. I know ALOT of EJ'S that work in costumer service fields for dealerships. They don't make all that much. But they get to manage the cars and the orders, and everything else. Usually do very well at it and only complaints is when they have to deal with stupid people, not really complain of the job itself.

Lark

or are you just going to continue going about and spouting generalizations about every type and feeling super awesome about yourself for having done so?

There's a couple of accounts the same as this if you check it out.

When you see the same behaviour over and over again it becomes a bit apparent, a lot of verbosity, someone breaking their thesaurus and all of the mentioning, quoting or otherwise attempting desperately to get the attention of long standing members they think make the forum.

Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing it.

Lark

I actually have no issues with ENTJs. They are extroverted INTJs whigh in get along with really good. The only issue I can see some have with me is that I am a master of all trades and they usually have a specific specialty in which they do very well at. Probably why they make more on average then other types. Our last round of layoffs though and he got cut, I still have my job.

Curious how things will play out when America realizes how management heavy they really are and all those ENTJs end up in other management type jobs that are not considered management. I know ALOT of EJ'S that work in costumer service fields for dealerships. They don't make all that much. But they get to manage the cars and the orders, and everything else. Usually do very well at it and only complaints is when they have to deal with stupid people, not really complain of the job itself.

I'd agree with that, although stupidity is bound to annoy everyone and I'd say its a particular type of stupidity which bothers ENTJs, for my part it lack of awareness, the whole "if you could see yourself would you stop yourself" thing and poor organisational skills, stress management skills etc.

The top heavy management thing is a reality worldwide, I dont know what is going to eliminate that but its the last thing which capitalism has to cut I think, pretty much, everyone else has been impoverished one way or another and the boardrooms are the last place with immunity but I cant see that lasting.

In some parts of the world with proper education, co-management etc. the owners of big bucks enterprises are going to begin to hit on the savings to be made from self-managing staff or teams, it doesnt need to be an industry wide development to have an impact on that recruitment pool and the saving to be made for the same owners from dispensing with management would be massive, it could transform entire sectors as boardroom pay, at least in the UK, has virtually crippled some public and private business in urban centres such as London.

I also definitely know what you're talking about in terms of personal diversification, I personally hate the fact that I went down a seriously academic route and am a one trick pony presently, the problem is that I'm so far down that road I dont actually see the same chance to go and learn a couple different trades like I did some years ago. Its also a bit different here as social class fucks with inclusion in certain work fields in ways I dont expect it does in the US, in the short time I spent there it was much, much more of a classless society in the positive sense of that word.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You do realize that person is trolling just to get a reaction from you? It's not even worth your time replying to them in the first place.

Money isn't the route to happiness anyway.

@All - I think it doesn't matter if you're an ESxx or an INxx, it's how you use your functions that matters, not how many you got. An unhealthy, unproductive INTJ is just as bad as a wreckless ESFJ. You know? Once people learn how to unlock their potential, and use their functions in the right manner. I'm not talking about being fully developed here, but making good use of what they've got, and trying to use their functions to the best of their abilities in a reasonably healthy manner. If you can do that and interact with people well, then... BOOM! You got it.