• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why are INTJs so enigmatic?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP is your paradoxitype. It's also where you are weakest and your biggest fear. Because you focus on what you focus on, the natural biases that occur make you very WEAK in certain areas. For INTJ's specifically you are a terrible judge of character and are really bad at understanding people in general.

Because this is the source of your greatest weakness it is also where you get the most sanctification if and when you do overcome it. Hence you can't help but want to be an ENFP. It is the natural result of your specific cognitive biases :D.

Oh and for me, deep down inside I want to be an INTJ :D.

GG NO RE

It would actually be ESFP, not ENFP, as function wise they are flipped.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Honestly, that's the point of the whole social network function. I think most of the people only share what they want to share and keep the rest for themselves. It would be pretty awkward to share everything with everyone, all the social barriers would be lost and the convos would drowned in anarchy.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly, that's the point of the whole social network function. I think most of the people only share what they want to share and keep the rest for themselves. It would be pretty awkward to share everything with everyone, all the social barriers would be lost and the convos would drowned in anarchy.

I want anarchy.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually no. Paradoxitype isn't the reverse. INTJ's paradoxitype is ENFP. Take notes.
Please find me a legitimate source on anything you say before you tell me to take notes.

ok... let's take it like I'm going to be learning and finding out about what this is all about. I'll do a quick google research on this because in the last 7 years I've taken up on MBTI, this is the first time I've heard about a term 'paradoxitype'.

Here we go. The most credible source on this.

A Little Bit of Personality: Paradoxitype - The Flip-Side of Personality (with examples!)

This website is the most legitimate source I could find for this idea of... paradoxitype... and yet it's baseless. The most similar more properly defined relationships of a similar structure is called semi-duality in socionics (if one goes by functions) which is also not considered the optimal relationship between two types.

Furthermore, you're saying that this paradoxitype defines your weakest 'self' and that you feel happy to become it, which causes this 'theory' to be pretty useless in an of itself, because an ENFP is not an INTJs weakest point. Every type has two types of opposites, one is a type that you have almost no way of properly relating to (so for an INTJ it would be an ESFJ and ENFP it would be an ISTP), and one is where you are the weakest of the strongest point of another type (so for an INTJ it would be ESFP, and for an ENFP it would be an ISTJ), but essentially it is the part that is supposed to grow out of you in time.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Please find me a legitimate source on anything you say before you tell me to take notes.

ok... let's take it like I'm going to be learning and finding out about what this is all about. I'll do a quick google research on this because in the last 7 years I've taken up on MBTI, this is the first time I've heard about a term 'paradoxitype'.

Here we go. The most credible source on this.

A Little Bit of Personality: Paradoxitype - The Flip-Side of Personality (with examples!)

This website is the most legitimate source I could find for this idea of... paradoxitype... and yet it's baseless. The most similar more properly defined relationships of a similar structure is called semi-duality in socionics (if one goes by functions) which is also not considered the optimal relationship between two types.

Furthermore, you're saying that this paradoxitype defines your weakest 'self' and that you feel happy to become it, which causes this 'theory' to be pretty useless in an of itself, because an ENFP is not an INTJs weakest point. Every type has two types of opposites, one is a type that you have almost no way of properly relating to (so for an INTJ it would be an ESFJ and ENFP it would be an ISTP), and one is where you are the weakest of the strongest point of another type (so for an INTJ it would be ESFP, and for an ENFP it would be an ISTJ), but essentially it is the part that is supposed to grow out of you in time.

Regardless of what sources you found on the topic, with a single google search. Your statement of INTJ's paradoxitype, IS ESFP, IS FALSE. The S & N functions DO NOT FLIP. Still taking notes? I love how you are trying to pick apart what I'm saying while still missing the point. ESFP is not the paradoxitype of the INTJ. A statement you made, a statement that was false. Diving into details with you is pointless because you made a false statement to begin with, I simply pointed it out, and now you are grasping for straws and arguing because I rubbed your ego the wrong way. That's what you said, that's how I responded.

ISTJ and ENFP have opposite letters. But the letters are only a symbol for what is underneath, the functions + information. AN ISTJ and ENFP are actually much more similar to each other when it comes to FUNCTIONS then a bunch of other combination. BUT they do no they are not even close in terms of how they view the world and what they want out of the world. They are IJ vs EP. The order is different etc... I took a specific perspective on the issue, that perspective can be viewed in different ways. Your statement is simply FALSE by definition. Furthermore, an ENFP would NEVER WANT to be an ISTJ. In fact its probably what we desire the least. In contrast and ENFP really does love a lot of the strengths of an INTJ. The entire PURPOSE and INTENT of my statement to begin with.

ISTJ are very different from ENFP's for example more because of the order of the functions and less because of the strength or dominance of each function, because we still have the same 4 dominant functions. Si, Te, Fi, Ne for ISTJ and Ne, Fi, Te, Si for ENFP's. If you want to go truly opposite the 1st 4 functions would be completely different which would be an ESTP and ENFP combination. Even then though we still share the E and P and so similarities will exist with that as well. You can't exclude function or information when you analyze these things. ESTP & ENFP's for example focus on Observation of PEOPLE first.

PRADOXITYPE HOWEVER, would be an ENFP for an INTJ and vice-versa. That is not up for debate.

Lol clearly don't understand much about MBTI.

Oh and the site you are calling baseless. Is probably the single best source for MBTI information on the web today. Get a clue, ya?

To wrap this up. Letters flipping are not what I'm talking about. Even if you do flip the letters you still share other similarities. Paradoxitype is a specific lens on MBTI and it is far more profound to people and their lives then anything you have said so far. Why don't you read up on it AND more importantly actually see how it applies to your life. You will find some PROFOUND insights after you are done. Then come back and talk to me after you have experienced what I'm saying and have not just talked about it.

Ok, class is over. Put your note book away.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Regardless of what sources you found on the topic, with a single google search. Your statement of INTJ's paradoxitype, IS ESFP, IS FALSE. The S & N functions DO NOT FLIP. Still taking notes? I love how you are trying to pick apart what I'm saying while still missing the point. ESFP is not the paradoxitype of the INTJ. A statement you made, a statement that was false. Diving into details with you is pointless because you made a false statement to begin with, I simply pointed it out, and now you are grasping for straws and arguing because I rubbed your ego the wrong way. That's what you said, that's how I responded.

ISTJ and ENFP have opposite letters. But the letters are only a symbol for what is underneath, the functions + information. AN ISTJ and ENFP are actually much more similar to each other when it comes to FUNCTIONS then a bunch of other combination. BUT they do no they are not even close in terms of how they view the world and what they want out of the world. They are IJ vs EP. The order is different etc... I took a specific perspective on the issue, that perspective can be viewed in different ways. Your statement is simply FALSE by definition. Furthermore, an ENFP would NEVER WANT to be an ISTJ. In fact its probably what we desire the least. In contrast and ENFP really does love a lot of the strengths of an INTJ. The entire PURPOSE and INTENT of my statement to begin with.

ISTJ are very different from ENFP's for example more because of the order of the functions and less because of the strength or dominance of each function, because we still have the same 4 dominant functions. Si, Te, Fi, Ne for ISTJ and Ne, Fi, Te, Si for ENFP's. If you want to go truly opposite the 1st 4 functions would be completely different which would be an ESTP and ENFP combination. Even then though we still share the E and P and so similarities will exist with that as well. You can't exclude function or information when you analyze these things. ESTP & ENFP's for example focus on Observation of PEOPLE first.

PRADOXITYPE HOWEVER, would be an ENFP for an INTJ and vice-versa. That is not up for debate.

Lol clearly don't understand much about MBTI.

Oh and the site you are calling baseless. Is probably the single best source for MBTI information on the web today. Get a clue, ya?

To wrap this up. Letters flipping are not what I'm talking about. Even if you do flip the letters you still share other similarities. Paradoxitype is a specific lens on MBTI and it is far more profound to people and their lives then anything you have said so far. Why don't you read up on it AND more importantly actually see how it applies to your life. You will find some PROFOUND insights after you are done. Then come back and talk to me after you have experienced what I'm saying and have not just talked about it.

Ok, class is over. Put your note book away.
Thank you. *sigh*

Hapyniss

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I don't get what they're thinking all the time.
They tend to be so private with their thoughts and only want to share what they want you to know and they hide the rest. They aren't transparent at all and that's what makes them so mysterious, enigmatic, and hard to figure it out.

I often have a hard time understanding what's on their mind, but not in a frustrating kind of way, but intriguing kind of way.

It's in my personal opinion, that INTJ's especially emote in rather subtle ways rather than overt expression. Listen to what they say because they're being honest and straightforward. Then watch their actions. INTJ's emote by initiating ideas and then putting them to action. For instance, if an INTJ says their love language is quality time and acts of service...and they're spending more of their week talking on the phone and being with you, that's emoting. While spending time together, if they are doting your needs...(ie - say that you are thirsty, and they pounce up to get you a glass of water and then keep the water coming the rest of the time together) you have a very interested INTJ. It's not that enigmatic. I think you may be romanticizing them to a point.

Know, too, that they are listening to you. If an INTJ realizes that something is very important to you they'll try to do that or give that more, even if it's uncomfortable for them. I'm a touchy-feely person and my INTJ is the antithesis of that. He's putting much effort into learning to physically emote and be mindful of how that makes me feel. It's absolutely adorable because it's incredibly awkward but he still tries his best. I love that about him.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is a good thread. I am very fond of it.

I do not find INTJs enigmatic. Now tell me I'm speshul and mean it.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't see INTJ's as being enigmas. We're just regular people who don't go around blabbing about our ourselves or our private lives. We may be secretive but our secrets are mostly nothing special. Sometimes we think about intellectual topics that most people don't think about.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
They are quite. they are few.
You can't understand them without Ni.