• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What can we learn from extroverts?

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
In today's world extroverts are valued more than introverts, schools are created to house extroverts for example...the whole system reeks of extrovert all over

surviving/thriving for an introvert just ...well became harder
we are being ridiculed and pushed away by those who arent aware

in my case...I'm really rare in my part of the world, I just know one other intj girl i suspect her to be an E4 aswell

but recent events has shown me that extroverts are being put on a pedestal for a reason

and its up to us introverts to follow suit and rise above it

so what can we learn from extroverts?
dont tell me the basics because i know all of them...keep your theories/concepts/ideas etc. long and complex thank you ;)

á´…eparted

passages
In today's world extroverts are valued more than introverts, schools are created to house extroverts for example...the whole system reeks of extrovert all over

Typical "the world against me" argument. You're going to just live a frustrated life with a mindset like this.

in my case...I'm really rare in my part of the world, I just know one other intj girl i suspect her to be an E4 aswell

No. You just want to be rare and special. There's likely plenty around you. You're just not aware of it.

but recent events has shown me that extroverts are being put on a pedestal for a reason

Since you seem to be full so many "high ideas", why don't you "enlighten us" and explain to us these recent events.

dont tell me the basics because i know all of them...keep your theories/concepts/ideas etc. long and complex thank you ;)

How pretentious and haughty. Let me guess, you already have the answer preformulated in your head, right? You aren't going to learn a darn thing with an attitude like that. I get the impression that you just want everyone to regard you as amazing and mighty just for existing. Ha, it doesn't work that way. In fact, you're causing the exact opposite.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

Seek out people who are quieter, like you. Extroverts may dominate but not by as much as you may imagine. Being an introvert is not a problem in and of itself at high school; introverts are just less likely to have friends. The problem is that unless you belong to a group, you will be bullied.

Nobody will care. Again, your way out of this rut is to make friends somehow, and if you are depressed I would suggest you talk to somebody you trust about that - out of school.

Thinking types cannot be E4, as 4s make (non)sense of reality through their emotional states. If you type as "INTJ 4", you've mistyped in one of the systems. You have a T-ish air about you, so I will cast my vote for 5w4. I also don't think that you are an INTJ, but that's another story.

I am not going to waste precious time composing an essay to suit your whim. If you had mastered "the basics" then you wouldn't be here asking us for help.

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] I second what you said...

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Looks like there is an abundance of feelers on typology...that's one case solved...quite the cute lot you guys are [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION] you both have suited your purposes well, congratulations ;)

your advice was really good [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] is one entertaining customer though:D [MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION] supplied more of the relevant knowledge

but as expected no one can tell me something i didn't already know, how utterly dull-_- and disappointing though [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] had an interesting comment in regards to my "attitude" I would like you to elaborate more on that ,it should be interesting, oh and please come up with something more complex and original because seriously all your other replies to the question are already answered and unbelievably expected,therefore I've already recognized your pattern so I'm hoping for something more unconventional please :) thanks

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Looks like there is an abundance of feelers on typology...that's one case solved...quite the cute lot you guys are [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION] you both have suited your purposes well, congratulations ;)

You would not call me "cute" if you met me as I am no drooping lily: my intensity is such that everyone around me can feel it when I walk into a room.

your advice was really good [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] is one entertaining customer though:D [MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION] supplied more of the relevant knowledge

but as expected no one can tell me something i didn't already know, how utterly dull-_- and disappointing though [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] had an interesting comment in regards to my "attitude" I would like you to elaborate more on that ,it should be interesting, oh and please come up with something more complex and original because seriously all your other replies to the question are already answered and unbelievably expected,therefore I've already recognized your pattern so I'm hoping for something more unconventional please :) thanks

Do not multiply entities beyond necessity. Aren't you a Thinker? I would've thought you'd understand such basic logic. Complexity is not good in and of itself - only when it is useful. The contrary view has wrecked havoc on the arts. I could say the same thing about being unconventional. It is good to have a free mind, but what if your ideas are stupid? What if really, there is no need to change what is? Rebelling for the sake of rebellion is as much a sin as stagnation.

Always ask yourself whether your actions have purpose. How is your way better than what somebody else can offer? So far, we are yet to be convinced.

Cygnus

The way I see it, there are 2 archetypal types of "introverts:" those bound by crippling shyness (of which there is an overabundance), and those who are "shielded" from the outside world in their own "mental bubble" of cerebral complexity (the best example being the Enneagram 9); these are the "true" introverts.

The former type has no useful advantage whatsoever, being limited from opportunities by his own anxiety, while the latter is fully at an advantage with his mental independence.

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You would not call me "cute" if you met me as I am no drooping lily: my intensity is such that everyone around me can feel it when I walk into a room.

Do not multiply entities beyond necessity. Aren't you a Thinker? I would've thought you'd understand such basic logic. Complexity is not good in and of itself - only when it is useful. The contrary view has wrecked havoc on the arts. I could say the same thing about being unconventional. It is good to have a free mind, but what if your ideas are stupid? What if really, there is no need to change what is? Rebelling for the sake of rebellion is as much a sin as stagnation.

Always ask yourself whether your actions have purpose. How is your way better than what somebody else can offer? So far, we are yet to be convinced.

Hahahahaahaha that first comment completely dope,that was some interesting shit,almost brought me to tears,such emotion,such drama, haahahahhaha and so fragile ;)

Well your second and third comment I will take seriously because it sounds like a challenge:D

Now your second comment,what you say is true,but yeah...how to simply put it?
I love complexity and the unconventional,only through chaos can I understand something,take my mind for example,its a series of voices that dates back to the ancient of times up until the modern society we live in today,its an orchestra of pure chaos swirling into the deep ,dark,furious typhoon that is my mind a never ending spiral added with my mild schizophrenia I must now live in endless suffering,never once do I have a peaceful night where I can sleep,never once can I stop thinking because for those who I must defend I must use my mind perfectly,those that I must lead,those that must be saved,those that always count on me to pull through this is my curse and my blessing,through the hardest of hardships I have prevailed evens stopped myself multiple times from suicide yes I did...this life I have it isn't easy so why should I spoon feed others?this you call rebellion? This I call freedom,where I exchanged mine in order for those around me to live a peaceful life,my actions have meaning but its up to you guys to find the true meaning that has been hidden away from you since you were young...I understand so much more than people my age ever will,they threw me to the wolves and so I ended up leading the pact,I get why you are so passionate ,sometimes I wish I could understand other peoples feelings,I'm no firm believer of MBTI or any other personality type of things,the only thing I believe in is the people around me and hopefully myself(I really dunno if I still have the confidence to go on but people are counting on me I can't let them down)...well yeah hope that answers your questions :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
PLEASE KEEP ON GLORIFYING EXTROVERTS I LIVE FOR THIS

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this thread...

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram

That's just because you smell like cabbage

á´…eparted

passages
Looks like there is an abundance of feelers on typology...that's one case solved...quite the cute lot you guys are Hard and Kullervo you both have suited your purposes well, congratulations ;)

your advice was really good Hard is one entertaining customer though:D Kullervo supplied more of the relevant knowledge

but as expected no one can tell me something i didn't already know, how utterly dull-_- and disappointing though Hard had an interesting comment in regards to my "attitude" I would like you to elaborate more on that ,it should be interesting, oh and please come up with something more complex and original because seriously all your other replies to the question are already answered and unbelievably expected,therefore I've already recognized your pattern so I'm hoping for something more unconventional please :) thanks

If you're attempting to insult me, you'll find that that tactic is completely ineffective.

You'll also find that type stereotyping is quite intolerable to the majority of the membership base, and you won't be taken seriously if you spout it. It's pretty obvious at this point that no one is taking you seriously anyway, so it will likely just be par for the course then. By all means though, keep digging the hole your standing in deeper.

I would like you to elaborate more on that

Nah. Not gonna give you the satisfaction.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sigh.

It's INTJs like you who give the rest of us a bad name.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey, so... care to elaborate why you think extraverts deserve to be venerated?

I find, being a 4 and an extravert that a lot of these perceived advantages aren't tied to being an MBTI E. I'm terrible maintaining social connections, I do meet a lot of people, but I don't find a lot of gratification on keeping a busy social schedule, not enough to keep people in my network. As a Fi-er and a 4'er I find myself often just not giving a fuck about dealing with all those things that earn social coinage, or even real coinage. I really do doubt my Ne-Fi buys me much glory.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Hahahahaahaha that first comment completely dope,that was some interesting shit,almost brought me to tears,such emotion,such drama, haahahahhaha and so fragile ;)

Well your second and third comment I will take seriously because it sounds like a challenge:D

Now your second comment,what you say is true,but yeah...how to simply put it?
I love complexity and the unconventional,only through chaos can I understand something,take my mind for example,its a series of voices that dates back to the ancient of times up until the modern society we live in today,its an orchestra of pure chaos swirling into the deep ,dark,furious typhoon that is my mind a never ending spiral added with my mild schizophrenia I must now live in endless suffering,never once do I have a peaceful night where I can sleep,never once can I stop thinking because for those who I must defend I must use my mind perfectly,those that I must lead,those that must be saved,those that always count on me to pull through this is my curse and my blessing,through the hardest of hardships I have prevailed evens stopped myself multiple times from suicide yes I did...this life I have it isn't easy so why should I spoon feed others?this you call rebellion? This I call freedom,where I exchanged mine in order for those around me to live a peaceful life,my actions have meaning but its up to you guys to find the true meaning that has been hidden away from you since you were young...I understand so much more than people my age ever will,they threw me to the wolves and so I ended up leading the pact,I get why you are so passionate ,sometimes I wish I could understand other peoples feelings,I'm no firm believer of MBTI or any other personality type of things,the only thing I believe in is the people around me and hopefully myself(I really dunno if I still have the confidence to go on but people are counting on me I can't let them down)...well yeah hope that answers your questions :)

Um...paragraphing might come in handy. And yes, you sound like you do have schizophrenia, or possibly manic depression, in which case this is not the right place to look for help. I say this as somebody who has depression myself: you actually just let out a random outburst of thoughts and feelings without connecting them to each other in a meaningful way. Such a consciousness reminds of this:
arts.jpg

In these cases, people will hopefully hold back from typing beyond the obvious, because mental health can affect the way you see yourself enough to mistype (people mistyping as 4s when depressed is the best example). But as I have said, I am certain you are not an INTJ as you show no evidence of Te at all. ISTP or INTP.

gromit

likes this
Introverts have their strengths too.

You have to figure out how to make your own positive qualities "work" for your life and for your relationships. That involves loving yourself and believing that you have valuable things to offer, which is no small task, believe me, I know from experience. Taking the example of extroverts can definitely be helpful in some contexts, but in my experience you cannot really successfully and happily be someone else 100% of the time, so you need to balance those learned tactics with things that you yourself bring to the table.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not a goddamn thing.
I don't know that there's nothing to be learned, but I don't envy extroverts. I know I wouldn't want to be reliant upon external stimuli in order to feel good. So many extroverts I know can't stand being alone. It makes them absolutely miserable. Sometimes you have no choice but to be alone, and in those situations, being an introvert is definitely an advantage.

I know this will probably come across as insensitive, but I've always regarded the extrovert's craving for attention and human interaction to be a weakness, not a strength.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not going into the whole 'validity of MBTI' debate here, but there seems to be evidence that, unlike a lot of other type-related preferences, extraversion and introversion can actually be measured in the brain. Extraverts appear to have a higher threshhold when it comes to stimulation, while introverts are likely to feel overstimulated more quickly. This would suggest that the whole E-I issue isn't really matter of 'preference'.

To put it simply: We just seem to be wired the way we are in terms of introversion/extraversion, so I really don't think that there is anything that introvers can 'learn' from extraverts (and vice versa) since we won't be able to re-wire our brains just by wanting it hard enough. While I somewhat share the impression that extraversion is considered the more desireable trait in popular opinion (cf. the whole WHO and introversion as mental illness debate), I think that this evaluation is more the result of a poor understanding of what introversion really is. Generally, most people just confuse introversion with lack of assertiveness/self-confidence, which certainly correlates with type, but not in a causal connection.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

If I may, I think you're typed wrong. You don't seem to be an INTJ. I'm pretty sure your type is actually "entitled asshole." Coming from a thinking-type, here. :hi:

But regarding the OP, it sounds like you're just butthurt because you got hurt by some extraverted people. There are some really awesome extraverts out there. And I'd hardly say the world is designed for them. Rather, there are niches for both introverts and extraverts. You're an introvert? Then maybe being a politician isn't for you, etc.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8

It's not made for extroverts. However as much as we see extroverts as malfunctioning and inefficient, they see us as similarly broken and will try to "fix" us.

What we can learn from them is how they work so we can get in with musing in our heads whilst they expunge theirs of information onto the carpet only seconds later to walk away with the answer like we had something to do with the process.

Enjoy being the quiet one who chimes in with insights. That's the gig.

My INTJ friend tends to sit back on interactions, sort through the information and then chime in with an insight before sitting back again whilst the conversation develops including his gem. No extroverts or introverts were harmed in the making of the discussion /argument.