• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] are INTJs attracted to INFPs?

sassyluver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Do you mean would I share those private messages with a third party? No, not without permission or damned good cause (i.e. to save someone from grave harm).

ooohhh ✔✔✔

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have performed calculation of functional attraction of typological archetype formation. Thus state:

INFP attracts INTJ in stage 3; INTJ attracts INFP in stage 7.

Also, correspondingly, in 5 and 4. 4 lies adjacent to 5, hence there is a "buffer zone" of auxiliaration.

Such is an osmotic process; catalysis remains feasible through appropriate agency.

As such, it is regarded asymmetrically. A la, 'sin' to 'cos'.

---

Sorry, that may have been a bit confusing.

Well, three comments are forthcoming.

INFP attracts INTJ in stage 3; INTJ attracts INFP in stage 7.
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players..." What do you mean in this quote of yours, by "stage" ?
Do you mean "ten levels of mental health" as seen in the Enneagram?

Also, correspondingly, in 5 and 4. 4 lies adjacent to 5, hence there is a "buffer zone" of auxiliaration.

Such is an osmotic process; catalysis remains feasible through appropriate agency.

I would gladly hear more of this. What is this 'catalysis' you speak of? And does it work for any two adjacent Enneagram numbers,
or just for adjacent pairs within the same triad?

As such, it is regarded asymmetrically. A la, 'sin' to 'cos'.
If you mean the INTJ and INFP are completely "out of phase" aka "out of sync" I might agree...:doh:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, three comments are forthcoming.

"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players..." What do you mean in this quote of yours, by "stage" ?
Do you mean "ten levels of mental health" as seen in the Enneagram?

I would gladly hear more of this. What is this 'catalysis' you speak of? And does it work for any two adjacent Enneagram numbers,
or just for adjacent pairs within the same triad?

If you mean the INTJ and INFP are completely "out of phase" aka "out of sync" I might agree...:doh:

That was all based on some BS type attraction theory I made a thread about a while ago, it had nothing to do with the enneagram.

"Stage" is just another name for "cognitive function", highlighting the developmental nature of function use, i.e. stage 1 is when the dominant function is being differentiated, stage 2 is the auxiliary etc.

The theory is basically that people seek out each other because the presence of the other person allows for a certain transference of ability, and so if someone has what we are trying to get at the time, that's what we go for.

I'm having trouble deciphering what I wrote completely, but the catalyst could just be any activity, other person, etc. that allows for a more efficient transfer of information.

So, to illustrate,
INFP: Fi Ne Si Te Fe Ni Se Ti
INTJ: Ni Te Fi Se Ne Ti Fe Si

So, INFP offers Fi, and INTJ offers Ni. Since Ni comes a lot later in the development of INFP than Fi does for INTJ, then you can see why it is out of phase.

The buffer zone is where INFP is at Te and INTJ is at Ne, thus they benefit from each other's auxiliary, and the phase shift is less dramatic.

A catalyst could be something which tends to activate higher levels of Fi in people, and so this allows the INTJ to more swiftly develop their Fi.

Yes, all the world is a stage, hence the crucial importance of crossing the buffer zone from Se to Ne.

Leave behind the ways of old,
Venture forth, embrace the cold.

I think that's what I'm trying to say... yeah.

meadowmoon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To a degree I'd say yes. I have an acquaintance who is an INFP and we get along fairly well but I find INFPs much more dulling than ENFPs. My Ni is unsatisfied ultimately with over-reliance on Fi as compared with the Ne dominant ENFP. That said I find it easier to interact with INTPs than ENTPs because from personal experience the way Ne and Ti combine in that order can sometimes create a scattered mess of Ne that my Te tells me is too much of a worry for my Ni to sort out, so I just withdraw into the Ni-Fi loop when I spend time around an ENTP too much. If this ever happened with an ENFP's Ne (which for whatever reason seems to be less common), the loop I'd go into would feel like less of a loop around them since they are aux Fi users themselves.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Two of my close friends are INTJs. I like them very much. :D

PotatoPeeler68

MBTI Type
INFP
As an INFP, I need to meet some INTJs, because I might actually have a
chance with them! :hug:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like them, I just can't deal with that constant Fi demanding emotions and it will never seem enough to them. Then the battles starts...

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Idk. But I've liked every INFP I've met, which is a few but still. Not sure how that's possible.

ithurt

MBTI Type
INFP
I like the INTJs ;)

INTJs are sexy, charismatic, mysterious, intelligent, and usually they are very handsome.

Intj's qualities are often apparent immediately to me. They have a kind of um, competence, buttressed by positive values somewhere down the line. I trust them even though they are probably untrustworthy if you're nobody to them.

This is gonna sound weird, but sometimes I see a male intj, and I get fantasies of just making out with them...I think quite literally. Once I notice the qualities and the light, a huge turn on. It's so unspoken. There is one right now, I just want to suck his dick seriously, kiss his lips, just say I love you for now. I never write stuff like this anywhere.........it must sound so out there, but it's this instant attraction... and it's this insane desire to please and express to him. There's nothing like liking the qualities someone has. You can just honestly say I like. As opposed to I love you but don't like your qualities.

I don't want to hurt him in any way though. Honestly I have so much admiration I could never APPROACH.

It's very strange. I have this admiration for intjs often that has nowhere to express.

Ti's life. I've fallen mini in love with several intjs.....

Life is stupid though. A part of me knows to never approach. Because I have very little to offer.

I have so much respect for intjs sometimes that I would not be able to be relaxed. This guy I can't even look at his face. He's so yum.

Ah closet crushes...life. It's stupid. Waste of energy.

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Intj's qualities are often apparent immediately to me. They have a kind of um, competence, buttressed by positive values somewhere down the line. I trust them even though they are probably untrustworthy if you're nobody to them.

This is gonna sound weird, but sometimes I see a male intj, and I get fantasies of just making out with them...I think quite literally. Once I notice the qualities and the light, a huge turn on. It's so unspoken. There is one right now, I just want to suck his dick seriously, kiss his lips, just say I love you for now. I never write stuff like this anywhere.........it must sound so out there, but it's this instant attraction... and it's this insane desire to please and express to him. There's nothing like liking the qualities someone has. You can just honestly say I like. As opposed to I love you but don't like your qualities.

I don't want to hurt him in any way though. Honestly I have so much admiration I could never APPROACH.

It's very strange. I have this admiration for intjs often that has nowhere to express.

Ti's life. I've fallen mini in love with several intjs.....

Life is stupid though. A part of me knows to never approach. Because I have very little to offer.

I have so much respect for intjs sometimes that I would not be able to be relaxed. This guy I can't even look at his face. He's so yum.

Ah closet crushes...life. It's stupid. Waste of energy.
If you want to kiss him, you should probably go for it.