• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTx and bullying.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I am usually targeted although sometimes I'm so busy daydreaming I don't notice but when i was paying attention I'd fly off the handle, throwing books, cursing a lot and basically keep making my bully feel like crap until I felt better. Sometimes the tables were turned and I'd just have to yell at them to scare them away. This one guy bullied me before and I fought back, two years later i found him tearing up some kid's presentation and got pissed. He's the biggest bully I had ever seen, he turned this girl who liked him into his slave and humiliated her publicly by pulling her pants down during our annual "cross country" o.o I wanted to be just as mean to him. I went ballistic on him and scared the shit outta him then I told him it was just a joke, he looked like he was about to pass out but didn't dare answer back to me....What an ass...and a coward. I'm not very intimidating in person...really.(5'3...)

silversun

MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to be bullied by some black girl in 6th grade in gym class. I remember she pushed me too hard when we were playing tag football or something, and I'd go tell the teacher.

But last year in 12th grade I saw her pregnant and I don't think she graduated.

:devil: Sweet revenge.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I was "ignored" by the other girls for a short time at the end of elementary school. I simply raised my hand in class one day and told the teacher what was happening, we solved it in that class and that was that.

In highschool, I was respected (feared on some level?), but not necessarily liked by everyone (probably an accurate description of how people generally react towards INTJs). Never really had problems there.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Personally, I was the loudmouth that always had an idea up his sleeve to get everyone involved in doing something stupid.

I am still... The difference is that noone follows me anymore!

OK back to bullying. I am not sure, this is type-dependent.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm an INT but I didn't get bullied because I was always bigger than most of the kids in my grade. But inmy experience, it wasn't INT's that got bullied the most, it was ESF's and ENF's. People who were kind of annoying and were little in size, in way they asked for it. I even bullied two kids a little bit, both ESF's. I think they were annoying on purpose so as to get attention.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think of this whenever I see this thread:

revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

NERDS!!!

Pavilion

MBTI Type
INTP
INFs get it bad too. It's just INs in general that I've found to be the most likely to be bullied.

The bullying I got was more along the lines of ostracization, both passive and aggressive. It turned me into a ghost, I just went through high school invisible to everyone. There were always those few inevitable moments of social interaction though and one day it happened to be with an ENTP who sized me up (as ENTPs do) and I guess I "passed the test" because the next thing I knew I was getting invited over to his house. I was resistant at first but in time I relented and the next thing I knew I was being introduced to his long-time INTJ friend and my social life kinda took off from there.

If I had to guess though, INT women probably get it the worst. INs may have a hard time in elementary school but that seems to change once high school comes around (well, they'll at least have someone to be bullied with). Not always the case with female INTs though, I've noticed. And maybe it extends beyond high school, I wouldn't know, I'm only 19.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I wouldn't be surprised. Their Introversion could easily be read by bullies as shy, unassertiveness and the fact that they're NTs causes them to appear weird to anyone who values conformity, which seems to be a fairly large amount of bullies. Male bullies tend to have strongly held, traditional notions of masculinity while girls bully in order to establish an identity within a group.

Also, true. ENFPs like to start up shit and imagine that others are out to get them. Everywhere on the internet they're seen as lovable bunnies, I know you guys inside you don't fool me one bit.
I know two tested ENFPs and both are stereotypically passive Intuitive Perceivers in that they could almost be mistaken for INFPs. Both have unusually strong values and I can't imagine that the secondary Fi would allow them to screw people over in the way you described.

Would they bully, though; or give the cold shoulder?

I'd imagine that's the 'passive bullying' istpunk was describing though as he said they really are one in the same. In the adult world we call that "ostracism". In my world we just call it being a douchebag.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
INTJ - I could see them getting bullied but maybe acting back in a way
INTP - Proably wouldn't act back. Might though.
ENTJ - I don't think they would bully without a reason.
ENTP - ? dunno lol doubt it
INFP - I could seem them getting bullied more then anyone
ENFP - Same. Probably for saying something off the wall.
INFJ - Dunno. Probably.
ENFJ - Dunno. Probably.

I could see XSFP's and XSTP's doing more bullying then anyone --> aka jocks

but i dont want to limit anything to any personality so take with a grain of salt

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I'm an INTJ - on the extreme end of introversion - and I was bullied through school. It was the worst in elementary school where some of the teachers didn't give a care about what was happening. Sure, they stopped and severely punished physical violence, but they wouldn't do anything about extensive teasing and anything that didn't turn physical. I suppose my introversion and the fact that I didn't like to spend time around people (I still don't) made me a good target. You learn to fight back, but that doesn't always work, especially if you're smaller than whoever the bully is. Oftentimes the person who fights back is seen as the aggressor.

I hate to say this, but it didn't get a whole heck of a lot better when I entered middle school or high school. There were a large group of kids who would emotionally and verbally bully those who weren't popular or sociable or whatnot. Main thing that did change by the time I got into later high school was I found something about which I was really passionate (yes, it IS possible for an INTJ to have passionate feelings about something...) and I buried myself there and cut off most of the rest of the world.

I'll admit outright that I'm not necessarily a very nice person, so I've probably inadvertently (or purposefully?) bullied certain people. Not that I'm going to admit if I've done that deliberately.

On a more serious note, I tend to get back at people in ways they wouldn't expect. I'm neither physically strong nor all that coordinated, so intellect, sarcasm and wit are all I have to use towards my advantage.

BTW, I'm a female INTJ on the very introverted end of things.