• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Myth Number 17

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:huh: What does being cranky when you're tired have to do with anything?

Haphazard Ni'd that statement a little too much. I think they were trying to say that NTs are drained (more so than other types) by emotional expression, and that this person should avoid drawing too much out at once assuming it's okay, because the fact that it tires them means they'll start showing their emotions in a stressed, negative way if they overdo it with emotional expression.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
INTPs can be very warm sometimes...

Does this one have an infection, you think?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'd say warm is an understatement for their capabilities... :blush:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Actually, I think it's probably an affection rather than an infection. Don't feel bad for mistaking the two, INTPs themselves probably have trouble telling the difference, and feel/act the same way regardless of which it is. ;)

This is a joke, by the way.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh, hmm...

Because I was going to recommend antibiotics, bed rest, and fluids.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Nah, INTPs are not cold at all, they just show their affection differently in a non "mushy mushy" type of way. Actually I think they have emotions just as strong as other F types, I have an INTP friend (or INTJ...one or the other) she hates emotionalism and "hysteria" yet she is very friendly(with me and another one of our close friend only) and I know she does care.She sees emoting and crying as completely useless and likes to just "get on with life", she doesn't see the point in talking about her problems.She will switch the subject to something more fun as she hopes I'll get on that with her. different ways, same intentions I'd say. Actually she's way more affectionate than I am...

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
this is a myth indeed. it's people getting the F and T functions mixed up with emotional and unemotional again. INTP's can get very angry :D.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would definitely disagree with the myth. They can be warm in their own little way. Some may not be comfortable expressing this but some art. It really depends on the INTP in question. INTPs have dominant ti, being in the world of an innerframework of logic.

While this may make them appear emotionally distant and make them uncomfortable talking about emotional matters, it doesn't make them devoid of feelings. INTPs are still humans, and can be emotional. Everyone expresses this differently though. It may not compute to other types sometimes but it doesn't make it wrong.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTPs are cold until you realize how they show affection. :p