• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] can an intp use introverted intuition?

chado

MBTI Type
infp
ok so iv read about the shadow functions and the shadow functions for an intp are te'ni'se'fi ok so iv read that theres can emerge during stress,now my question is to what degree or how would the lets say stressful intp experience ni(introverted intuition)??under stress could the intp experience the full ni as a domanint function?

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
This worship of function orders is a real travesty to the comprehension of type.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, it's your last (or demonstrative) function in socionics. Meaning it's the function you find easiest to use, after your first.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
i think iv discovered what ni(introverted intuition)is

besically this is just a theory of mine which can be corrected at any time but here goes,i think definition
ni:basically the consciousness latches onto a problem without any detailed thinking,it some how holds the idea in place until the subconsious emerges with an answer caa booom is that it??!!?!?!

chado

MBTI Type
infp
can someone tell me whats the difference between ni and ne?????

can someone tell me whats the difference between ni and ne intuition im confused someone help please??

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ni.. this is an unconscious long range knowing of people and events unfolding, Intentions etc
Ni as a first process lets you see very deeply into people.. immediately liking/disliking without being able to describe exactly why.
Over time, able to get right to the heart of it bluntly.

Ne... is a conscious in the moment process people places and things, connecting circumstances in the moment
Ne as a first process connects in the moment and can determine authenticity,
Describing bluntly exactly why, Objectively

My best friend is ENFP.. she operates first through Ne

I am INFJ.. I operate first through Ni

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmmm, I'm confused. I haven't really pondered MBTI in awhile, can you use Ni/Ne simultaneously? or use them almost balanced. because I feel as if I do

chado

MBTI Type
infp
Hmmm, I'm confused. I haven't really pondered MBTI in awhile, can you use Ni/Ne simultaneously? or use them almost balanced. because I feel as if I do

wait are you telling me than an np or intp or entp can actualy use ni?????

- - - Updated - - -

that an intp could actualy use ni side by side with your main function like it is a dominant function?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
N is creativity, and to a lesser extent, awareness of ideas (Ne, Ni).
S is practicality, and to a lesser extent, awareness of the physical world (Se, Si).
F is emotion, and F types tend toward keeping emotional harmony with ___ (Fe, Fi).
T is logic and truth-seeking, disregarding emotion and morals (Te, Ti).

Pe is exploration (Ne, Se).
Pi is introspection (Ni, Si).
Ji is decisions made alone (Fi, Ti).
Je is decisions made with others (Fe, Te).

J-dom is decisive.
P-dom is indecisive.

Doesn't get much harder than that.

LonestarCowgirl

When Fe goes amiss it's "if you don't care, I don't care." For example, I was at a restaurant and asked the waiter to bring me the eating utensils. The waiter never brought them, my meal was getting cold, and my patience was gone. I literally took matters into my own hands and started eating with my hands. When I looked up and saw shocked faces of the party I was with I said, "welp, if they don't care, I don't care!" and continued eating.

If one uses their imagination, it fits here. I was tagged and had nothing else to add.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
can someone tell me whats the difference between ni and ne intuition im confused someone help please??

Ni can't really be assesed without thinking of SE. The two are required to be thought of in conjunction.

NI results when we memorize some basic objective facts from outside (SE) like doing routine homework as in math. We do the problems over and over agian. Finally we gain an understanding of the issue that comes if by magic. IT is like when you can't describe what you learned but you know it because you did so many problems and you are the best in the class at it. Somehow your brain is able to pick out what the relevant information is, because you've developed a good technique, and now you can just do it by skipping some steps.

NE works with SI. Ne results when we get deep sensory impressions from external objects or things and are able to combine these things to form something new. The way I think of SI is when someone is studying for hours, like an inventor, and can't solve an issue. He then goes and plays chess or basketball and a sensory impression surfaces for some reason while he is shooting the ball and he suddenly realizes that if he combines two random things a new third thing will exist.

Both NI and NE are used to bridge systems, come to new insights, and brainstorm.

Some consider brainstorming an NE thing but this is quite false. intuition, both extroverted and introverted are used in brainstorming. The difference is this: NE is leaned on in brainstorming for coming up with multiple solutions where as NI is used to pick the best one out of the bunch.

In truth no cognitive function is ever on its own. We use all 8 cognitive functions in everything we do. What the theory means is that we are aware of 3 and barely of a fourth and the other 8 are in the background deep in the unconscious.

I do not like to analyze the functions on their own because you can't without mentioning the opposite function because they work like a pendulum or a see saw. SE(objective facts) TE(how objective facts logically work together) FE(values from the group) FI(personal values) TI(leverage points in systems) SI(deep sensory impresions) NI(mostly associated with the image making function of the psyche as it pertains to SE observations not to be confused with imagination per se).

That's my five cents.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
N is creativity, and to a lesser extent, awareness of ideas (Ne, Ni).
S is practicality, and to a lesser extent, awareness of the physical world (Se, Si).
F is emotion, and F types tend toward keeping emotional harmony with ___ (Fe, Fi).
T is logic and truth-seeking, disregarding emotion and morals (Te, Ti).

Pe is exploration (Ne, Se).
Pi is introspection (Ni, Si).
Ji is decisions made alone (Fi, Ti).
Je is decisions made with others (Fe, Te).

J-dom is decisive.
P-dom is indecisive.

Doesn't get much harder than that.

Good summation. Only part I take issue with (for a summation) is Pi as introspection and Ji as making decisions alone. The Ti and Fi doms I know spend long periods mulling over . . . something . . . it isn't maybe quite the same as Ni or Si, whose introspection I can understand better, but I do think Ji does a lot of introspecting. INTPs are some of the most introspective types out there . . .

Perhaps you are defining introspection in a 'fuzzy' Pi way as opposed to a more rational and conscious Ji way?

Also curious about why you associate N and creativity; I tend to do that as well, although my empirical experience doesn't bear it out.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ni is basically a summation and combination of ideas function. Whatever input you pour into it, it will try to reduce it into one idea even if it actually isn't one idea. It's a synthesizer.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aaaand it has something to do with INFP?