• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Favorite Music Genres?

INTPs, what is your favorite musical genre?

• Blues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caribbean

• Country

• Electronic

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Folk

• Hip Hop

• Pop

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • R&B/ Soul

• Rock

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Rap

• Other

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs, what is your favorite music genre?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trip Hop will never die. This song is probably considered "moody" by a lot of people but I find it oddly energizing and uplifting.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
On a classic rock kick lately.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always struggled with the whole "what's your favorite genre" question because there are so many subgenres that would probably be more descriptive, for instance if I say I like alternative, there are so many subgenres so you still may show me something I hate. Like, I usually enjoy alt/rock alt/pop. What kind of pop? My mom feels I dislike pure pop, I like my pop sprinkled with something. Pop/rock is a personal favorite. I usually have an easier time answering "what artists do you like the most?" XD

fatgurl

ARMY
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like too many genres to have a favorite, lol. All the ones I like are my favorites.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can find things I like about almost every genre -- can't really boil it down to having one be a favorite over any of the others.

Aetheria

MBTI Type
INTP
“Other” since it’s subgenres. A lot of them. 😄 In just whatever order: baroque, renaissance, new wave, bluegrass, country-western, old-timey music whatever that is (like from 110 yrs ago), classic rock, big band, Detroit techno, Chicago house, happy hardcore, breakbeat, ’80s metal, disco… I’ve prob. forgotten a lot of them. And music from church, but I wouldn’t say I sit around listening to it, I just love singing it. (I am Russian Catholic. The music is the same as Russian Orthodox. Extremely beautiful.)

PrettiesForYou

MBTI Type
INTP
Black metal. Second favourite being neofolk and third favourite martial industrial