• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Favourite Comedians for NT's?

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I tend to find that NT's enjoy a very similar sense of humour, well at least all the ones I know do.

What are some of your favourite comedians? Or if you don't know many, comedy channels on YouTube or elsewhere?

Mine would be; Bill Hicks, George Carlin and Louis CK

YouTube Channels: Redlettermedia, FilthyFrank, and DrunkenPeasants (not really comedy but it makes me laugh).

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love Jim Gaffigan. I identify with both his laziness and his weakness for food.

I also really like Brian Regan. Occasionally he's too over-the-top, but most of the time his observations on the absurdity of life are hilarious. Like saying "You, too" when it's not even slightly applicable. I do that all the time, because I'm always so wrapped up in my thoughts that I don't pay attention to what people are saying. I actually did it the other day. A cashier said, "Thanks for shopping with us!" and I said, "You, too!" Moron.

Louis C.K. is great, too. I really liked his guest appearances on Parks and Recreation.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I tend to find that NT's enjoy a very similar sense of humour, well at least all the ones I know do.

What are some of your favourite comedians? Or if you don't know many, comedy channels on YouTube or elsewhere?

Mine would be; Bill Hicks, George Carlin and Louis CK

YouTube Channels: Redlettermedia, FilthyFrank, and DrunkenPeasants (not really comedy but it makes me laugh).

I'd say those three with the added addition of some new people who's names i forget because I'm too busy thinking about work and practice, and exercise - lol...but yeah to be quite honest I love those three from the old school.

But chea...

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd say those three with the added addition of some new people who's names i forget because I'm too busy thinking about work and practice, and exercise - lol...but yeah to be quite honest I love those three from the old school.

But chea...
Yeah, you can't go wrong with them dude! CK's "Chewed Up" is amazing!

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love Jim Gaffigan. I identify with both his laziness and his weakness for food.

I also really like Brian Regan. Occasionally he's too over-the-top, but most of the time his observations on the absurdity of life are hilarious. Like saying "You, too" when it's not even slightly applicable. I do that all the time, because I'm always so wrapped up in my thoughts that I don't pay attention to what people are saying. I actually did it the other day. A cashier said, "Thanks for shopping with us!" and I said, "You, too!" Moron.

Louis C.K. is great, too. I really liked his guest appearances on Parks and Recreation.

You should check out Louis CK's sitcom Louie! It's magnificent, especially based upon what you've said, I think you'd relate to a lot of it XD Can be brilliantly philosophical at times too :) But I'll have to check the ones that you've suggested out!

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's one of my favorite Brian Regan bits.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know how "NT" the appeal of any of these are, but they're my favorite standups:

Bill Cosby
Eddie Murphy
Robert Schimmel
Louis CK
Mitch Hedberg
Jim Gaffigan
Amy Schumer
Ron White
Lewis Black

Lots of NTs like George Carlin and Bill Hicks, but I intensely dislike the former and am fairly indifferent to the latter.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know how "NT" the appeal of any of these are, but they're my favorite standups:

Bill Cosby
Eddie Murphy
Robert Schimmel
Louis CK
Mitch Hedberg
Jim Gaffigan
Amy Schumer
Ron White
Lewis Black

Lots of NTs like George Carlin and Bill Hicks, but I intensely dislike the former and am fairly indifferent to the latter.

Those are definitely strange picks when referenced to other NT's I know! (Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned) But really? Dislike George Carlin? I think some people dislike him because of how vulgar he can be, which is why I like him XD

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here's one of my favorite Brian Regan bits.

Haha just got the chance to watch the full thing, was hilarious! I'll be watching more of it :) Even though I typically prefer comedy that makes social commentary, situational comedy is often very funny :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Those are definitely strange picks when referenced to other NT's I know! (Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned) But really? Dislike George Carlin? I think some people dislike him because of how vulgar he can be, which is why I like him XD

I don't dislike him because he's vulgar. Many of the comedians on my list are vulgar. I dislike him because he seems less of a comedian than a bitter, ranting misanthrope. He's so disgusted with people that he often forgets to be funny.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't dislike him because he's vulgar. Many of the comedians on my list are vulgar. I dislike him because he seems less of a comedian than a bitter, ranting misanthrope. He's so disgusted with people that he often forgets to be funny.

Ah, but I guess I find misanthropic rants to be hilarious, and unfortunately; often relatable.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A good rant can be a wonder to see -- it either has to be artfully and articulately done OR it just has to be SO over the top that it's flabbergastingly fearless in its lack of restraint. (Balls to the wall, all in.)

---

This isn't a full list, it's just stuff that comes to mind for me:

Jim Gaffigan
Jake Johannsen
Louis CK
Stephen Wright
Robin Williams
Kathy Griffith
Sarah Silverman
Phyllis Diller
Steve Martin
Andy Kauffman
Gilbert Gottfried

Kids in the Hall
Monty Python
The Whitest Kids U' Know
Most Popular Girls in School
Penn & Teller
Carol Burnett crew (her, Vicki Lawrence, Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, etc.)

"The Aristocrats" documentary is pretty funny.

... god help me, even Rip Taylor can make me laugh. Because he owns how terrible he is.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A good rant can be a wonder to see -- it either has to be artfully and articulately done OR it just has to be SO over the top that it's flabbergastingly fearless in its lack of restraint. (Balls to the wall, all in.)

---

This isn't a full list, it's just stuff that comes to mind for me:

Jim Gaffigan
Jake Johannsen
Louis CK
Stephen Wright
Robin Williams
Kathy Griffith
Sarah Silverman
Phyllis Diller
Steve Martin
Andy Kauffman
Gilbert Gottfried

Kids in the Hall
Monty Python
The Whitest Kids U' Know
Most Popular Girls in School
Penn & Teller
Carol Burnett crew (her, Vicki Lawrence, Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, etc.)

"The Aristocrats" documentary is pretty funny.

... god help me, even Rip Taylor can make me laugh. Because he owns how terrible he is.

Well crap, I could not have said it better myself, I do believe George to have been articulate in his own right, just not axiomatically so... Irregardless of that, some great choices there! I can't believe I forgot Robin Williams, or even Penn & Teller! Both had a good impact on my idealogical growth growing up :) I'll be looking some of these up though, I love finding out about new comedians, thanks!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well crap, I could not have said it better myself, I do believe George to have been articulate in his own right, just not axiomatically so... Irregardless of that, some great choices there! I can't believe I forgot Robin Williams, or even Penn & Teller! Both had a good impact on my idealogical growth growing up :) I'll be looking some of these up though, I love finding out about new comedians, thanks!

Oh, also I'm a big fan of early Stan Freberg stuff. He originally helped bring comedy to advertising but did some great radio/record shows + his History of the United States 1 is funny if you're into comedy albums. I didn't like Part 2 (which he did years and years later) as much.

(Speaking of music, I guess I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Allan Sherman, Weird Al Yankovic, and Tom Lehrer as musical comedians.)

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, also I'm a big fan of early Stan Freberg stuff. He originally helped bring comedy to advertising but did some great radio/record shows + his History of the United States 1 is funny if you're into comedy albums. I didn't like Part 2 (which he did years and years later) as much.

(Speaking of music, I guess I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Allan Sherman, Weird Al Yankovic, and Tom Lehrer as musical comedians.)

I'll definitely check that out! I'm nearly always looking for a good comedy album XD Yeah I've always loved Weird Al, and Allan Sherman is great too.

birdseye

MBTI Type
INTP
Patton Oswalt, Jim Gaffigan, Lewis Black, and occasionally George Carlin