• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Typical NT music?

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ahh, okay, I see what you mean, I can understand but I can't relate... I'm into very mellow/dark music, but Pop Rock and Punk does have a place in my playlists, somewhere XD I can understand the Aesop Rock song not quite appealing very much, it's very melancholic, and as you've described, you like more upbeat music, which is cool, feel good music is fun :)

Don't get me wrong, I do listen to some mellow/dark music, trip-hop being a genre that is typically quite mellow. But if a song is slow or mellow it has to be absolutely beautiful to me otherwise I won't waste my time. I generally hate slow music as a rule unless it's structured and sung to perfection imo. I think my love for feel good music is definitely related to escapism cos I do the same with tv shows/movies too, even though I value all genres of film/tv I generally favour the feel-good ones and can be quite biased to them lowering my standards where with other genres my standards would be much higher. :)

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't get me wrong, I do listen to some mellow/dark music, trip-hop being a genre that is typically quite mellow. But if a song is slow or mellow it has to be absolutely beautiful to me otherwise I won't waste my time. I generally hate slow music as a rule unless it's structured and sung to perfection imo. I think my love for feel good music is definitely related to escapism cos I do the same with tv shows/movies too, even though I value all genres of film/tv I generally favour the feel-good ones and can be quite biased to them lowering my standards where with other genres my standards would be much higher. :)
Yeah I like some good trip-hop! But yeah I think it's where we differ... I think that the messy and imperfect nature of some mellow indie/metal music gives it a unique character. I really don't like clean-cut-and-dry vocals, or songs that sound extremely neat, there's charm in the mistakes and extra "fluff" in some music imo :) But yeah, I'm biased towards a lot of metal music, I know the feel XD But yeah, feel good stuff is a good break from how harsh reality can be, nothing like listening to some Neutral Milk Hotel (their happier stuff) when I'm feeling down :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I broadcast this music video over snap chat when I'm bored....:D it's not on youtube anymore?
This video is, obviously. There was a better one without the lead-in montage, begins at the around the 0:50 mark on this video and remains in the performance hall - no outside footage mixed in. Sound is about the same but the picture is much better. Alas, I haven't seen it up for a few months now.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
We're all wired to like Rush, right?

I enjoy all kinds, although the breadth is a gradual result of age and exposure. At work, I listen to ambient/soundscape almost exclusively. In the car, I flip between two classic/hard rock stations because, well, Zeppelin.

Personæ_088

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I'm into ambient, downtempo, IDM (I prefer to call it "braindance"), soul and technical jazz, experimental, and sometimes folk music. Not really a fan of vocalists, so I stick up with pure instrumentals.