• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] In social situations do any other INTP's ever feel inept, naive, and too trusting?

Axwell

MBTI Type
IXTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am all these things. I am too trusting because I want to feel optimistic and naive about people, because everyones different. This obviously does cause problems, but it is very good for friendships, as it means they are quite open and a lot more fun. I would also like to add that I'm also honest about everything, if I think something sucks but everyone loves it, I will tell them it sucks and sometimes it goes a bit deeper than that.

I think feeling socially inept comes from depression and anxiety a bit, where embarrassing myself is a big deal, so I over think things and that causes me to be clumsy. :)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Man people over complicate things.

I do, sometimes, panic about what I say but by and large I've learned that by saying things in honesty I cut through all the crap that people have. Sure some take offence and I deal with that with that person. I pay little to no attention to offending groups of people. If people want to hang their identity on their association with something then that's their deal not mine. When confronted with it I find it better to find out what they actually are rather than what labels they have chosen to apply or have had applied.

As to dealing with other types, I get on well with anyone who's able to abstract. I'm also comfortable with anyone who's honest, no matter what their opinion.

And just to snipe a parting shot, no type is rational by the harshest definition. We all rationalise and sometimes that rationale is "because it felt right". Logic is a choice not a benchmark.

Brinni

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to be too open and trusting so that I would admonish myself afterwards for leaving myself vulnerable so I've become more guarded and suspicious as I've become older.
I'm not very good at trusting others. In my experience the vast majority of people aren't entirely trustworthy. Different people can be trusted with different things.