• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Where are all the NTJ's at?

Evastover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thread title speaks for itself ^

I tend to be surrounded by NFP's, NFJ's, and NTP's, but for some reason, I just can't find any NTJ's. I don't have a whole lot of trouble running into them online, but I don't find a lot in real life. Is it just because I'm at a statistic disadvantage?

Where are they all at?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My dad is an ENTJ. But he's kind of unbearable.

Other than him and myself, I don't know any NTJs. Except, of course, online.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I tend to be surrounded by NFP's, NFJ's, and NTP's, but for some reason, I just can't find any NTJ's. I don't have a whole lot of trouble running into them online, but I don't find a lot in real life. Is it just because I'm at a statistic disadvantage?

Where are they all at?
Where do you spend most of your time? What do you do for work or school?

(You do know, I assume, that most of us don't run around with "INTJ" stickers on our foreheads, so you might know more of us than you think.)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
banned :ninja:

but as has been said, it's not like people walk around with labels on because that would be weird...

Evastover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Welp.

I do a lot of community service/volunteering, I visit the library with some regularity, I do some out of state traveling that puts me walking around big cities a lot, and I meet with other musicians to collaborate (just to name a few) so it makes sense that I run into a lot of NF's :p

I guess to specify my question, where do NTJ's tend to go? What do they do with their day?

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Welp.

I do a lot of community service/volunteering, I visit the library with some regularity, I do some out of state traveling that puts me walking around big cities a lot, and I meet with other musicians to collaborate (just to name a few) so it makes sense that I run into a lot of NF's :p

I guess to specify my question, where do NTJ's tend to go? What do they do with their day?

The only time I tend to go out is with friend's on adventures. I am really extroverted but it's mostly for doing something. I remember that in the past I tend to hang out with people not for superficial reasons but to get something done or accomplished.

My childhood friends tend to be the only ones I really feel comfortable around in bar situations....I guess though it depends on your age.

between 18-22 we all pretty much do the same thing but after that we start coming into our own.

I do have urges to go out, but after working out, practicing guitar, studying, and working I tend to want to go somewhere and chill.

As an ENTJ I don't go to the library often because it's not convenient in the sense that I have to walk to the second floor, don't have a nice bathroom, and all the books distract me, but I did go to coffee shops when I was in a studying mode.

Now It tends to be entirely random. I build connections mostly based on things I like to do with others though, so whatever our interests our, we gather around them....it's been a challenge to learn how to relax but I am a bit older so my NI is almost in full throttle and really helps me just chill and go with the flow...

I'm always doing something though...and for me to sit and watch t.v. is extremely rare....I have my go to things like shameless, game of thrones, boardwalk empire, but I don't always have HBO...I watch sports but I loath going ot the stadium but love going with fam and friends to connect you know...I didn't really feel that sort of thing though until after 25..

Anyways sorry for the wall of text.

ENTJ's tend to go into law or medicine and mba stuff so they don't really get in touch with their inner selves until after 35 and by then it's usually too late...

So where can you find an ENTJ? Working out, working on a hobby, at work, or getting something done like shopping or a chore...

It's so bad honestly, that I have trouble even playing video games, something I did a lot when I was a kid...but I love practicing guitar, and I love writing, and reading, and I love to do things like go out into nature and see the moon and stuff like that...

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kind of funny, but two of my friends are INTJ's, but you're right, they're hard to find dude. Mainly because INTJ is one of the rarest MBTI types, and ENTJ is also quite rare. Just not many of us out there I don't think.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Idk I barely know any NFJs or NTPs so I'm actually curious as to where you find them :p All the NTJs I know I've just met in school or on my course.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Work, school, home, and wherever we need to go for the activities we are involved in. If we aren't your coworkers or classmates already, this narrows things down considerably. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if many of your volunteer activities have an INTJ or two involved in them. Despite our reputation for being rather antisocial, we actually do want to help others, and will often pick an area where we feel we can make an impact.

Passacaglia

I'm just going to echo what others have said; when I'm not out doing something toward a specific goal like running errands, volunteering, going to classes, etc., I'm home recharging. (INTJ)

I didn't go bar hopping for the first time until I was 30, and tragically enough I caught pneumonia somewhere during that outing. If I weren't so rational, I'd think it was the universe's way of telling me 'bar hopping is not for you!' ;)

In any case, I don't do many things with great potential for spontaneous introductions, and in fact I sometimes wonder how others seem to do it so easily. I suspect many other NTJs are similar.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Welp.

Yeah, that's not NTJ land.

INTJs tend to be involved in their work or otherwise recharging at home. Their social lives will tend to involve close friends and often some kind of gaming (online, role playing, board) so you might try looking some up in those venues.

ENTJs are also very involved with their work, but their social lives are usually more, um, not nerdy, often involving sports, professional groups (for networking), and generally more extroverted kinds of activities.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't be surprised if many of your volunteer activities have an INTJ or two involved in them. Despite our reputation for being rather antisocial, we actually do want to help others, and will often pick an area where we feel we can make an impact.
+1 on this. I've done and still do volunteer at animal shelters. But I don't make it common knowledge. Few of my friends actually know I do it. I do most of my good deeds in Stealth Mode.

I think INTJs generally try to help where they can, when it's within their power and abilities to do so. Unless they're those evil INTJs you hear about so frequently.

ENTJs, well... I have never been able to understand how their brains work.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
+1 on this. I've done and still do volunteer at animal shelters. But I don't make it common knowledge. Few of my friends actually know I do it. I do most of my good deeds in Stealth Mode.

I think INTJs generally try to help where they can, when it's within their power and abilities to do so. Unless they're those evil INTJs you hear about so frequently.

ENTJs, well... I have never been able to understand how their brains work.
Interesting you mention animals. My ENTJ friend acts almost as a one-woman dog rescue service, picking up strays on the city streets and even talking neglectful owners into letting her find their dogs better homes. It's just amazing. As an E she seems to know everything going on in her neighborhood and has lots of contacts. She is rather public about all this because she wants people to know to call her if they know of a dog in need of help.

My own volunteer work is more what one might expect: I do STEM educational outreach, and maintain the website for a community organization. Especially in the second group, there are few if any other INTJs.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Hehe.....

I heart you Jaguar...but I often times confuse hearting for respecting...

Have you been to the library recently?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I have gone to nursing homes before...but that ended quickly.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went to the liberry today, to rent me up some movies.

Cygnus

The ENJs tend to be the rarer ones on this particular site, along with ESFPs.

We also have an oddly large population of ESFJs and ESTPs (though STPs are fairly common on parts of the internet, just not sites such as this.)

~ReggieRebel~

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w0
Instinctual Variant
sx
uhmm...

Where are they all at?

We are all safetly ensconsed in our castles with the moat drawn up, peering at the world from our towers, using the net as our window.

seriously though, the net (gamming in particular) is probably the best way to meet intjs in their element.

Chthonic

Home. You might have to follow one from the supermarket then perform break and enter. :newwink: