• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Looking for ENTP Profile Comparable to Paul James INTP Profile

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Paul James' profile is too specific. It should not be copied. I emailed him several years ago regarding his seemingly arbitrary selections of 'music INTPs like', and was politely blown off. He was confident that we all like dissonant noise.

Metis

It isn't universal. Neither are the shorter profiles. Anyway, a detailed and romantic self-description.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well, jazz uses a lot dissonant sounds, ya know? I really like it!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, jazz uses a lot dissonant sounds, ya know? I really like it!

Some styles a lot more than others, but most kinds of Jazz, especially the older ones, don't even compare to how noisey crap has become today.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Noo, I like new jazz like jamie cullum, jason mraz (not sure this one is jazz)...

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/2928-entp-profile.html

Contact me for further inquiry.

The revised and enlarged version of the profile starts on post 9.

Similar length.

Paul James:7600 words.

Mine:7800 words.

More rigorous in the regard that it depicts the unconscious tendencies of the type and clearly outlines how the mechanism works. Less rich in concrete examples and relevance to our practical lives as representatives of the type. I have sacrificed presentability in favor of rigor, it is still quite readable however.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I like dissonance that still seems to fall under a melody-like framework.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP/INTP juxtaposition.

The ENTP is a dominant Extroverted Intuitive type. The Extroverted perception makes him naturally in tune with the external environment. No matter how much he may utilize Introverted Thinking, he is naturally image conscious with a strong drive to make an impact on the external environment.

The INTP is a dominant Introverted Thinking type. He sees himself as remote from the situation. It is all there for him to analyze. It may be desirable to act out on the convictions, but far from necessary as it is for the ENTP.

The ENTP as an extrovert (entailment of point one) can easily get lost in his external environment. In addition to this we should state that he gets lost in implementation of his absctract visions to the external environment. This is the work of Ne. A result of this is a very repressed Introverted Sensing. The ENTP easily forgets about his bodily needs and concrete facts relevant to him.

The INTP not as easily, as he is first of all introverted and in tune with his needs, would not sacrifice them for an external vision easily. Secondly his Introverted Sensing which is responsible for such knowledge is less under-developed because it is tertiary.

The ENTP often easily acts out on vision thinking he can improvise his way through and swing from hunch to hunch, even when dealing with most important of decisions. The INTP may take such an attitude to the less than important decisions, yet his most important decisions tend to be thoroughly thought out.

The ENTP as a dominant Intuitive type almost always collects enough information for analysis. The INTP on the other hand as a dominant Judging type (Thinking) is often too busy analyzing to properly collect enough information. Intensity of thought paralyzes his perception. This is the famous danger of too much thinking and too little acting.

Intensity of thought is characteristic of Ti, and is the hallmark of an INTP. The ENTP is certainly endowed with this quality, but rarely does it overshadow his Extroverted Intuitive business of collecting information and interacting with the external environment.

These are the salient differences.

Metis

An ENTP and an INTP are talking in a hallway:

ENTP: Insightful quote, misquoted, but the point and relevance of which ENTP clearly understands intuitively.

INTP: Polite nod. inwardly making love to ENTP's intuitive understanding

ENTP: Look and comment that clearly show ENTP is reading INTP's mind. Superficially bland comment that precisely addresses INTP's mental reaction and exact level of understanding of quote.

INTP: Polite nod and smile. has sense of being an open book with no reason to write on the pages

ENTP: Polite smile. Remarkably, no expectation of more expressive feedback. Benevolent comment.

INTP: Polite reply. after leaving, tries to comprehend ENTP's cognicity

What is the ENTP thinking through this exchange? What are his impressions about it now, and afterward if he remembers it?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Paul James' profile is too specific. It should not be copied. I emailed him several years ago regarding his seemingly arbitrary selections of 'music INTPs like', and was politely blown off. He was confident that we all like dissonant noise.

Agreed.

There is a lot to like in it, but the music part really annoys me.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
An ENTP and an INTP are talking in a hallway:

ENTP: Insightful quote, misquoted, but the point and relevance of which ENTP clearly understands intuitively.

INTP: Polite nod. inwardly making love to ENTP's intuitive understanding

ENTP: Look and comment that clearly show ENTP is reading INTP's mind. Superficially bland comment that precisely addresses INTP's mental reaction and exact level of understanding of quote.

INTP: Polite nod and smile. has sense of being an open book with no reason to write on the pages

ENTP: Polite smile. Remarkably, no expectation of more expressive feedback. Benevolent comment.

INTP: Polite reply. after leaving, tries to comprehend ENTP's cognicity

What is the ENTP thinking through this exchange? What are his impressions about it now, and afterward if he remembers it?

The E/I trait in this situation is what makes the experience different for both the INTP, and the ENTP. By having the conversation the ENTP is essentially engaging in the analysis of the situation that the INTP is having in their mind. For the ENTP, the conversation is an end in itself. Notice how the ENTP was able to intuitively percieve the INTP's understanding of the quote? At this point the ENTP has gained a new insight, and therefore doesn't necessarily feel the need to continue the conversation. ENTP's can read people remarkably well (Ne at it's best) and as such they don't necessarily require feedback. Body language speaks volumes. The ENTP will remember the interaction if it proved to be intrinsically valued by their perceptive schema.