• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ or something else?

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
What type is likely to be described frequently as: stubborn, caring, sweet, kind, cold, detached, wise, intelligent, creepily observant, and looks like they might kill you in your sleep (but in a cute sort of way)?

I have been described as all of these things. I'm not sure if I'm an INTJ or INFP or ISTJ.
I'm not sure if I'm dominant Ne or Ni or Si
I'm also not sure if I use inferior Fe or Tertiary/Dom Fi
But once I have my mind set on something its near impossible to change.

Last edited:

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Understandable, you’re similar, I’m INTJ.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
INFP. Funny cause I came here looking for potential mistypes. And yes Mademoiselle, we are similar. Hehehehehe...

We both use Te, which makes us seem mean. Otherwise, I use Ne, which makes me seem insane, and you use Se which I don't know.

Makes sense to a degree, but a lot of people would hate my Ne poems, including other INFPs. I think. I really don't know.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sweet, but cold? You mean like ice cream? ;)

You could be an INTJ. I've been described as almost all of those things; just not "sweet". It seems like people are constantly surprised when I do nice things for them. Like they honestly expect me to stab them in the back while I'm holding the door for them. I've been described as "a jerk with a heart of gold".

Then again, I know an ISTJ who fits all of those descriptions to a T. Especially the "stubborn" part. Oh my goodness, yes. He's more stubborn than a mule.

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
[MENTION=23115]BadOctopus[/MENTION]: haha yes like ice cream ;)

I guess perhaps INFP could work. I don't seem to use Fe (especially from a visual trying perspective), I tend to have very good control over my facial expressions, but I don't care if they are socially acceptable, they are more personal to how I'm feeling. I'm typically the odd one in the corner smirking because of an accidental innuendo some said or a laughing at the humor I see in situations that is apparently non existent to others.

I learned yesterday that apparently even though I think I'm extremely blunt, my friends think I'm the "opposite of blunt; you're sharp, like a knife - because every word that you speak seems to be precisely chosen." and apparently people also think I'm very considerate.

I think I probably use Ne though as opposed to Ni, I'll go off on the most random tangents, I can tell that my INFJ friends get very confused when one minute I'm talking about a paper and the next I'm talking about what it would be like if people were permanently stuck with Spock hands (two big fingers and thumb), and then I go and finish a page of a story less than 20 minutes, and then get distracted wondering how Rubix cubes work...

But then again ISTJ's do use Ne, although its inferior so it probably doesn't energize the ISTJ as much as it would someone who is Dom/ Aux Ne. And I do get energized by my ideas, though my bursts of tangents, aren't constant, but I love to follow them when they arise and see where the ideas take me.

So . . .hmm. . . maybe INTP or INFP?

But I am always very aware my surroundings and what is happening. So maybe I'm an ENTP who's introverted socially (different than anxiety, but just drained by people, energized by ideas from objects in the environment? maybe?)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
But if you were ISTJ or INFP, you wouldn't have INFJ friends!

lol

I think you're probably INTJ. Your posts look pretty INTJ for some reason.

I can relate to your list except for the "looks like they might kill you in your sleep". At least, I don't think that's me. o_O

So far I've only observed myself using Ni, I haven't seen Ne. I think SJs are Ni users, but idk, I remember that Nardi study said they really do use Ne.

Why is it that you want to know what your type is?

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]: haha, of course how could forget that . . . lol

SJ's are actually Ne users as their Aux/ or Dom function is Si, so their intuitive function is extraverted. Sort of yin yang balance thing. Same with F v T, if one is extraverted the other is introverted. SP's and NJ's use Ni. NJ's use Ni Dom/ Aux and SP's use Ni tertiary or inferior.

Why do I want to know my type. In all honesty, I'm just curious. And I know better than to trust the online tests (I can skew those results too easily depending on mood and the result i want to get.)

But also want to know my type so that I can better understand how I take in information and use that to my advantage when working or interacting with others.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]: haha, of course how could forget that . . . lol

SJ's are actually Ne users as their Aux/ or Dom function is Si, so their intuitive function is extraverted. Sort of yin yang balance thing. Same with F v T, if one is extraverted the other is introverted. SP's and NJ's use Ni. NJ's use Ni Dom/ Aux and SP's use Ni tertiary or inferior.

Why do I want to know my type. In all honesty, I'm just curious. And I know better than to trust the online tests (I can skew those results too easily depending on mood and the result i want to get.)

But also want to know my type so that I can better understand how I take in information and use that to my advantage when working or interacting with others.

Well, in socionics, the conscious functions for INTp are said to be Ni-Te-Si-Fe. Yin and Yang comes into play with other individuals. Different models say different things.

I think you have things backwards to a degree (not in a critical way, I probably do too). First, just ask how you take in information. Try and figure it out. I can't say I've done it myself, but I should. When someone says something, or when you read something, or when you look for something, what is it that you notice? What grabs your attention? What makes your filter unique compared to others'?

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Well, in socionics, the conscious functions for INTp are said to be Ni-Te-Si-Fe. Yin and Yang comes into play with other individuals. Different models say different things.

I think you have things backwards to a degree (not in a critical way, I probably do too). First, just ask how you take in information. Try and figure it out. I can't say I've done it myself, but I should. When someone says something, or when you read something, or when you look for something, what is it that you notice? What grabs your attention? What makes your filter unique compared to others'?

I think we're just looking at two different models. I'm looking at the MBTI cognitive functions, not socionics.