• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: To hug or hit?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP: To hug or hit?

Depending on the circumstances, I will employ either or both techniques during stressful real life interactions.

During past stressful encounters

I find myself peppering them with Ti/Te in an attempt to throw them off my scent. I hope if they think I'm practical/boring (read: SJ) they won't bother with me. (Now now SJs, this isn't my sentiment, I'm just hoping it's theirs.)
girl-glasses.jpg

If they're squirrelly --and they usually are-- I'm forced to flash Ni/Ne in a show of weaponry as if to say "Oui, oui muthaf*ckah. We're both packing heat. So do NOT funk with me."
krystal-forscutt-20071028042323066-000.jpg
(Choice of clothing will vary in style for effectiveness.)

If they persist in being a monstrous pain in my ass, I blindside them with Fe, which can take various forms. This being more effective with men:
iStock_000001346767Small.157190711_std.jpg

Now go, and use your newfound knowledge for greater evasive good.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
For god's sake, level with me man-to-man (and this goes for women, too). You're only going to irritate (and/or provoke) me by beating around the bush and/or couching it in "HR talk". :(

pockets

MBTI Type
HUMM
ENTPs: annoying when immature. same goes for every other type though, it's only the method of annoyance that varies according to type.
Very immature ENTPs can be too eager to impress others with their wit and intelligence, and so eager to negate the same of others it's almost painful.

lifeintechnicolor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Passion usually appeases me. When I see someone who is intelligent, informed, and extremely passionate about something, I don't feel the need to 'instigate'.

Also when someone demands respect without really demanding it. Know what I mean?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
you gotta beat them (us?) in their own game

this far in the game, thats the only thing that will earn you their respect

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Now go, and use your newfound knowledge for greater evasive good.

Did it occur to you to give the benefit of the doubt, assume that this is a basically good person with whom there seems to just be a communication problem, be yourself and just level with them directly and just say what your problem is in plain English, and give them a chance to explain/apologize for unintentionally upsetting you, thereby potentially gaining a loyal and resourceful friend rather than pushing away someone you're wrongly assuming is "out to get you"?

Cos I can guarantee, that would work with 99% of ENTP's.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
^ No, that's not the INFJ way.

Yeah I know - who needs simplicity and honesty when you can just play mind games? Don't tell the other person anything, just assume everyone's an asshole until proven otherwise - to do which, they have to pass your crazy little tests where they have to guess psychically what you want, like, think and feel, and get marked as to their worth as a person according to how well they guess. And then, if they fail the tests, just go psycho on them to punish them for failing the expectations you didn't tell them you had. Perfect solution!

:emot-emo:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I know - who needs simplicity and honesty when you can just play mind games? Don't tell the other person anything, just assume everyone's an asshole until proven otherwise - to do which, they have to pass your crazy little tests where they have to guess psychically what you want, like, think and feel, and get marked as to their worth as a person according to how well they guess. And then, if they fail the tests, just go psycho on them to punish them for failing the expectations you didn't tell them you had. Perfect solution!

Preaching to the choir here, bud. I get really irritated with INF types who expect you to be emotionally psychic. Even worse are the ones who think they're psychics themselves!

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2

I'd like to add more emphasis: :violin::17425::emot-emo:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
At least : P s somebody could remember that long enough to post it.

May that knowledge help the next generation.

Or we could put it in a holy entp book of sorts and code it into something easy to remember such as :" Stay the hell away from the cat people!" :rules:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At least : P s somebody could remember that long enough to post it.

May that knowledge help the next generation.

Or we could put it in a holy entp book of sorts and code it into something easy to remember such as :" Stay the hell away from the cat people!" :rules:

Are you sure about that? :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
stop bullying me!

U CAN NEVER KILL THE TRUT.. *gunshot sound*

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hit them. Hitting is the answer to everything.

Better yet, punching would be better. That's what I do when I'm irritated with an ENTP, I turn around and give them a bloody nose. Hugging doesn't every solve anything, in fact, hugging a person in general is one of the most annoying things you can do.

So the next time an ENTP taps your shoulder, turn around and break their face...it'll get 'em everytime, especially if you knock them out..then you won't have to deal with them..

is my sarcasm coming across?