• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: To hug or hit?

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
are cool and funny but that comes at a cost of vulgarity, crudeness, indiference to social norms and general offensiveness.

TRUST ME, I KNOW ONE REALLY WELL.

FUCKING BASS TURDS.

The thing is, in my teenage years I used to pretend to be nice and try to stay away from coarse language. Now it doesn't matter anymore.

poppy08

MBTI Type
entp
out of line behaviour usually means entp is bored and needs stimulation..

we are like 5yr olds.. on speed.

either you distract us, or we distract ourselves... by being loud and silly and annoying and pushing your buttons and laughing at your serious face and not caring about your mood because we are happy la la la

if you want to manipulate, try being nice about it and manipulating with distractions... like SECRETS!! or anything we don't already know.

or if it is something really annoying tell them that someone you both know, who nobody likes does whatever it is that entp is doing that pisses you off... entp will think you haven't noticed they do it yet, and will consciously try to stop doing it!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I’ve noticed in some of my interactions with (immature) ENTPs that the nicer I am the more abrasive and shocking they appear to be but once I get a little nasty they respect what I’m saying and are more co-operative, is this the case?

What is the best way to make an ENTP stop and reassess their actions when they are out of line?
I've had a couple of rather naughty students who I think were ENTPs (extreme versions of it in some cases). It helped to show that I am not easily offended. Some of the abrasiveness from these students was not intended as being out of line, but their minds were going so fast and they had such energy, that stuff just got blurted out.

I found that trying to control or box in such a person is a ridiculous waste of time. I give them the reigns to a large degree by asking them specifically what would enable them to get the best results. If the out of line behavior is limiting them from their goal, then that is worth pointing out. More than being nice or nasty, I think being direct, reasonable, and non-controlling are the key to gaining most anyone's respect, but especially in this case perhaps?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
out of line behaviour usually means entp is bored and needs stimulation..

we are like 5yr olds.. on speed.

either you distract us, or we distract ourselves... by being loud and silly and annoying and pushing your buttons and laughing at your serious face and not caring about your mood because we are happy la la la

if you want to manipulate, try being nice about it and manipulating with distractions... like SECRETS!! or anything we don't already know.

or if it is something really annoying tell them that someone you both know, who nobody likes does whatever it is that entp is doing that pisses you off... entp will think you haven't noticed they do it yet, and will consciously try to stop doing it!

that's funny! i need some entp friends in my for real life...outside of this place...funny funny!!

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Whenever I start to lose sight of things, someone telling it to me straight up is what I respect / listen to most. Even if I don't agree with you, I'll still modify my ways a bit to compensate for pissing you off. I can usually see where people are coming from, even if I disagree.

I'll admit though, like what was said in another post, if what you say just seems completely absurd to me, I'll probably go off on you

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How does everyone feel about ENTPs?

OK guys, be brutally honest here. I'm not going to argue with you or get upset...(I'm used to it.)

What thoughts, words, descriptions and feelings come to mind when you think ENTP? Please no answers from ENTPs themselves--I want the outside world's view looking in.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm new to this so...i'm not sure i know any outside of here...but i personally feel an instant familiarity with the ones i've met...i feel like we're a lot alike and i feel like we would be great friends and have this great confidant type relationship and be very supportive of one another but also really playful and fun. :)

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Great to bounce ideas off of and really get plans going. Quick minded and scatter brained to the extreme but very almost synergistic minds in terms of the NTP dynamic. One of my old highschool friends was my favorite trouble partner, we would always dominate the class and sort of enforce our personality on it. Made for great lively and humorous classes. I wouldn't say I was a direct force but I definitely had an influence over him and his influence was much more diffusive than mine. The verbal acuity and mental agility were probably the things I valued the most it seemed like no matter what there was always something that could be overturned, overdone, and overemphasized. Constant one upsmanship. They have a way of always being open to discussions and games. Bringing things out in others.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Balanced ones: love bouncing ideas of them and infecting each other with enthousiasm. Always ready for just about anything, no matter how crazy, can shed light on confusing issues for me (T vs F), can occasionally be very blunt, and won't mind if I am too, tend to be very honest which I can thoroughly appreciate. Love their intensity but don't wanna be the one they point all of that energy at when they disagree with something.

Unbalanced ones (haven't met that many and the ones I know are not confirmed ENTP's): Can be blunt and even cruel in their quest to make people react and for sheer shock vallue. Much like a child pokes a cat to get a reaction, they'll do the same with people and rub salt in emotional wounds they happen to have discovered. And even worse, some of them will then tell you that they do this out of the goodness of their heart as they feel you need to toughen up in order to face the world, aka guilttripping you for calling them on it and asking them to stop.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's the ENTP's starting the most threads that ask "How does everybody feel about ENTPs"

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Life is unfair, we might as well enjoy it :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Who cares if we add a pinch of salt in their lives, frankly? ;)
The trick is in the dosage, in my teens i used to rather, empty the whole damn contener in their morning cereals, or just giving up and doing nothing. That was a very boring time in my life.

I then realised that laziness\boreness wasn't me being asocial, it was me not getting into the flow. Once i really got it, waw, I can basically be high on people, the more the merrier.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^^ wise words, young padawaan, wise words indeed :D

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I've had a couple of rather naughty students who I think were ENTPs (extreme versions of it in some cases). It helped to show that I am not easily offended. Some of the abrasiveness from these students was not intended as being out of line, but their minds were going so fast and they had such energy, that stuff just got blurted out.

I found that trying to control or box in such a person is a ridiculous waste of time. I give them the reigns to a large degree by asking them specifically what would enable them to get the best results. If the out of line behavior is limiting them from their goal, then that is worth pointing out. More than being nice or nasty, I think being direct, reasonable, and non-controlling are the key to gaining most anyone's respect, but especially in this case perhaps?
Heh, I know of an ENTP friend like that. He enjoys saying shocking things just to get a raise out of people. In some ways that's a game for him.

Being direct and reasonable works... also at the same time demonstrating that you know it's a game and just laugh. Shared laughter works in many things.