• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: To hug or hit?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh come on, do you honestly think I'm stupid enough to post my actual telephone number on a public forum?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh come on, do you honestly think I'm stupid enough to post my actual telephone number on a public forum?

You fear connection. It is not a big deal. Just own up to it.

If you make overtures to people be prepared for them to act on it and take you seriously.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can and do get along with anyone as long as they are not in a position of authority over me.

Yeah. That's the same for me too. I tend to try to pull myself up to the other person's level or take them down to my level in order to communicate with them. I dunno why.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Right now I want to hit my roommate... :steam:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doesn't that apply for just about anyone though?

I don't know about that... I've rejected the advances of people in the past who seemed completely unphased and either A) shrugged it off and stubbornly continued pursuing me or B) lapsed back into friend-mode or casual indifference.

It seems some people are capable of just not taking it personal. I however, am not one of those people.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can I hit them just cause? :puppy_dog_eyes:

Just becareful, some of them might get turned on by it...

I don't know about that... I've rejected the advances of people in the past who seemed completely unphased and either A) shrugged it off and stubbornly continued pursuing me or B) lapsed back into friend-mode or casual indifference.

It seems some people are capable of just not taking it personal. I however, am not one of those people.

This is why I'm careful about it, the ones who can walk through it are lucky...

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Freudian oops?

For the record, I wanted to add that when I first saw this thread pop up, I thought the title read: ENTP: To hug or hit it?

:rofl1:

I suppose some people would opt to do "that" as well...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Freudian oops?

For the record, I wanted to add that when I first saw this thread pop up, I thought the title read: ENTP: To hug or hit it?

:rofl1:

I suppose some people would opt to do "that" as well...

Some of them are tempting, I'll grant you that...

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
are cool and funny but that comes at a cost of vulgarity, crudeness, indiference to social norms and general offensiveness.

TRUST ME, I KNOW ONE REALLY WELL.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
at a cost of vulgarity, crudeness...

Man, I can be really really really vulgar around my friends. But what's funny is they've desensitized, and now they're getting worse than me!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, one thing I just don't get... Roommate says he doesn't want me to feel left out (as him and most of our other aquaintences are collecting SOs). Yet when I tell him not to worry, he says he doesn't. I know it makes sense some how, I'm just having a tough time seeing where it does... :doh:

astroidea

MBTI Type
ENTP

I've had people who rejected me that I didn't care about too, and people who rejected me that I did care about.
I think this one applies more to how much you respect the person who does the rejecting rather than purely personality type.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
are cool and funny but that comes at a cost of vulgarity, crudeness, indiference to social norms and general offensiveness.

TRUST ME, I KNOW ONE REALLY WELL.

I spoke to an ENTP friend of mine, known him for a LONG time. He was catching me up on his month, including some things I can't repeat, but one of his statements that had me doubled over laughing was "I'm so crude and profane that everyone automatically assumes I've GOT to be telling the truth!... 'Hey, everyone, look at that guy! He can't even edit himself! If he'd call so-and-so a ****ing **** ****ing **** in public, then he must be straight up!' See?!"

lol :D And somehow it makes logical sense. :huh: