• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: To hug or hit?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Afraid of a fling with a boy, somewhat younger ? ^o^

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Afraid of a fling with a boy, somewhat younger ? ^o^

rofl!

This is something I've had THREE entps poking me about just this week. :doh:

Me: "And so and so, he's a nice..."
ENTP: "Go for it."
Me: "...thoughtful sweet guy but..."
Me: ...."But he's 10 ye...."
Me: [Profanities] :steam:

Is it really easier for NTPs in general to think outside the age box?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ah well then, thought you to be intresting...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
O C'mon you know have to say: "well maybe you are the SPECIAL NTP that is not like the rest"

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
O C'mon you know have to say: "well maybe you are the SPECIAL NTP that is not like the rest"

lol.... Hey there, Entropie, maybe you are the SPECIAL NTP that is not like the rest!! :p

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well, hmm, now you took the wind out of my sails. Slips down smoothly in the chair and sighs compassionately xD

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well, hmm, now you took the wind out of my sails. Slips down smoothly in the chair and sighs compassionately xD

Regard me, world! I have vanquished the Entropie monster! You people may honor me with donations as he has taken my last $30 dollars.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, you have the right idea. :yes: Being blunt probably works, because they may not realize that you are annoyed otherwise. It's just a tool to get their attention. It may not be that they like being treated rudely, it's just that they don't get the hint otherwise. Of course I could be wrong about this particular ENTP. I could easily imagine an ENTP who only respects people who are rude, but I think it's more likely that the behavior he respects isn't seen as rude to him.
:shock: My goodness it's so true, this lady tried to hook me up with a mutual acquaintance.(he was the archetypical e/intp! very bright, very blunt, very argumentative and highly valuing intellect, I was on the other side of the river= ""gentle when being truthful",typical common ground seeker, not an idiot but let's say I admire his intellect:rolli:))
I turned him down he was too brash and rude for me, all he wanted to do was talk politics and I am not into that.(brash people are not a turn on for me, I can't handle them...), it wouldn't have worked out (I could smell it!) he guilt-tripped me for turning him down by whining constantly bout how rude I was too, pointing out all my faults while being extremely polite as a way of mocking me. At first thinking he was hurt I tried to make it up to him and explain myself .He was playing martyr so I got sick of it and exploded on him, he's "still" to get to know me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
he guilt-tripped me for turning him down by whining constantly bout how rude I was too, pointing out all my faults while being extremely polite as a way of mocking me.

That was no ENTP. Real ENTP behave like men and accept the defeat with dignity :cool:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
:shock: My goodness it's so true, this lady tried to hook me up with a mutual acquaintance.(he was the archetypical e/intp! very bright, very blunt, very argumentative and highly valuing intellect, I was on the other side of the river= ""gentle when being truthful",typical common ground seeker, not an idiot but let's say I admire his intellect:rolli:))
I turned him down he was too brash and rude for me, all he wanted to do was talk politics and I am not into that.(brash people are not a turn on for me, I can't handle them...), it wouldn't have worked out (I could smell it!) he guilt-tripped me for turning him down by whining constantly bout how rude I was too, pointing out all my faults while being extremely polite as a way of mocking me. At first thinking he was hurt I tried to make it up to him and explain myself .He was playing martyr so I got sick of it and exploded on him, he's "still" to get to know me.

whoa. that doesn't sound like any ENTP i've ever known, including myself.

don't worry. it's not the first time someone confused a PRIK with an ENTP.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm glad to hear this from other entps, it's just him being a prudish snob.Oh well, what are the typical "good" entp traits? I am still trying to figure out what my brother's exact type is unfortunately he isn't here and I've lost contact with him. The fact that he was very easy going and pretty intellectual made me think he'd be an entp or intp.

Pavilion

MBTI Type
INTP
I've gotta say (reluctantly), that from my experience, it sounds more like he was INTP.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
whoa. that doesn't sound like any ENTP i've ever known, including myself.

don't worry. it's not the first time someone confused a PRIK with an ENTP.

true dat.

After all, what ENTP's ever given a toss about "rude"? ;) :D ahee.

*slides out side door*

I've never had an ENTP throw a guilt trip on me but once and he was a special case. The rest just hit you straight on with whatever's on their mind.

I've had MANY INTP guilt trips. Much to my supreme irritation.

sade

I'm glad to hear this from other entps, it's just him being a prudish snob.Oh well, what are the typical "good" entp traits? I am still trying to figure out what my brother's exact type is unfortunately he isn't here and I've lost contact with him. The fact that he was very easy going and pretty intellectual made me think he'd be an entp or intp.

Typical?
Spontaneous, crazy sense of humour, a bored ENTP will have the weirdest/craziest ideas, hit you directly with whatever is on their minds (I consider that a good trait.) they seem to appreciate direct feedback.. Eventhough they don't seem to like the emotional blabber, they'll be considerate if they notice you're in a bad/sad etc. mood. They'll notice and leave you be or try to cheer you up.

ENTPs are great. :yes: But to answer if to hit or hug. Hit and hit hard, and then hug.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Typical?
Spontaneous, crazy sense of humour, a bored ENTP will have the weirdest/craziest ideas, hit you directly with whatever is on their minds (I consider that a good trait.) they seem to appreciate direct feedback.. Eventhough they don't seem to like the emotional blabber, they'll be considerate if they notice you're in a bad/sad etc. mood. They'll notice and leave you be or try to cheer you up.

ENTPs are great. :yes: But to answer if to hit or hug. Hit and hit hard, and then hug.

Yeah, he hated people who were too emtional, he sometimes saw me as flaky (I'm very moody, happy one minute depressed the other). What I do remember about him is that he was extremely into science and loved debating, he was like that guy I turned down but in positive. I don't remember anyone who hated him, except people like that guy:D...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

I guess one of the best eNTp traits is loyality. Even if I cant remember what I was thinking like an hour ago and even if other people tell me that I am a completly different person than I was yesterday, there is that fine heart line I walk.

There was once the thread about eNTp's being drama queens and that is true. But the other side of the coin is that our heart works Extroverted and childlike. We would never bite the hand that feeds us.

I am 95% sure that my idea of the situation does not apply to all eNTp's .
But to those, who have grown beyond their madness, it does.

sade

Yeah, he hated people who were too emtional, he sometimes saw me as flaky (I'm very moody, happy one minute depressed the other). What I do remember about him is that he was extremely into science and loved debating, he was like that guy I turned down but in positive. I don't remember anyone who hated him, except people like that guy:D...
He does sound like an ENTP, they prefer consistency in emotions. I don't think anyone hates my ENTP best friend, she's really liked. Despite her knack for debate and expressiveness.. ahem. ;)

I guess one of the best eNTp traits is loyality. Even if I cant remember what I was thinking like an hour ago and even if other people tell me that I am a completly different person than I was yesterday, there is that fine heart line I walk.

There was once the thread about eNTp's being drama queens and that is true. But the other side of the coin is that our heart works Extroverted and childlike. We would never bite the hand that feeds us.

I am 95% sure that my idea of the situation does not apply to all eNTp's .
But to those, who have grown beyond their madness, it does.
I've noted that sometimes ENTPs tend to move quickly from person to person like in dating, but when they take you as a friend or make a deeper connection they are truly loyal. I'll support that idea. :yes:

Drama Queen rings some truth, but I think that's a bit too negative label. You're just, expressive sometimes and wouldn't go against a good friend, at least the mature ones wouldn't.