• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT rulez

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Other temperaments seem to love to chit-chat between themselves and talk about inane things just to do "bonding". They also like to waste their time on idle flirting and relationship games that seems like the most inefficient use of resources to get down to business.

I'm fucking fed up with the other temperaments and sitting around them all day at work. They engage in such inane topics as how much does it cost to buy a house to how bubbly coke vs. pepsi is. Their feelings are easily hurt and they seem to divide the world into this strange division: friends vs. enemies. They seem to forget about the concept of neutrality.

Oh, lord, give me the strength to listen to their idle chit-chat and make sure these people leave and are replaced by someone that can teach me something about their domain of competence.

Where can I find NT's? Where are they hiding? I want to be with my brothers and sisters. At least we can argue, discuss, debate endlessly for the sole pleasure of doing so.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you like freeze pops?

And do you think NTs like cherry or blueberry more?

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
rofl. As NT as you say you are, your Ti must have malfuntioned if you spelled rulz wrong.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*chunks a brick through your cubicle*

Dirty Te primary! :D

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Where can I find NT's? Where are they hiding? I want to be with my brothers and sisters. At least we can argue, discuss, debate endlessly for the sole pleasure of doing so.
If I was to hazard a guess then I would say that they are avoiding you. Maybe they are discussing the relative merits of Coca-Cola and Pepsi with the other inane temperaments, because if I was an NT that is what I would be doing. It really is a very important and interesting controversy.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
People wonder if Pepsi is more bubbly than Coke? Sounds like your co-workers are idiots. It's obvious that Coke is wayyy more bubbly than Pepsi.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Other temperaments seem to love to chit-chat between themselves and talk about inane things just to do "bonding". They also like to waste their time on idle flirting and relationship games that seems like the most inefficient use of resources to get down to business.

I'm fucking fed up with the other temperaments and sitting around them all day at work. They engage in such inane topics as how much does it cost to buy a house to how bubbly coke vs. pepsi is. Their feelings are easily hurt and they seem to divide the world into this strange division: friends vs. enemies. They seem to forget about the concept of neutrality.

Oh, lord, give me the strength to listen to their idle chit-chat and make sure these people leave and are replaced by someone that can teach me something about their domain of competence.

Don't assume NTs are worth it.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Work is an interesting concept.

Some arrive and want to escape. Others to contribute. A handful want to avoid.
What is an escape, but a retreat? A movement away from an undesirable variable.

Conversation is often the place where people can connect their similarities and offer their differences - as a way to build.

More often than not, these building blocks probably don't represent truth. They are splinters. Sacrifices we make to connect.

More likely, they represent an escape plan.

From what?

MBTI Type
INxJ

That is why the other types engage with each other as well. You want camaraderie just as much as they do, but with people you relate to. How are your needs better than others when they appear exactly the same?

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
Where can I find NT's? Where are they hiding?

Science Fiction conventions and gaming conventions. Anime conventions, although they are not quite as NT as science fiction and game conventions in my opinion.

Game stores, the type that specialize in (non computer) role playing games.

Libraries

Ilah

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People wonder if Pepsi is more bubbly than Coke? Sounds like your co-workers are idiots. It's obvious that Coke is wayyy more bubbly than Pepsi.

You take that back!!!

Pepsi makes my nose feel all crispy and tingly on the inside.

Especially Night's buff form of shirtless cleaning. It's all the rage.

Uh.... where?

Where can I find NT's? Where are they hiding?
Science Fiction conventions and gaming conventions. Anime conventions, although they are not quite as NT as science fiction and game conventions in my opinion.
Game stores, the type that specialize in (non computer) role playing games.
Libraries
Ilah

They're hiding in Ilah?
(Is your middle name Legion?)

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe your co-workers think you're boring. Sometimes it's nice to talk about banalities and just spend time... you don't know what you can learn about the others.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
You take that back!!!

Pepsi makes my nose feel all crispy and tingly on the inside.

Then that must be due to your own esophageal abnormalities, because even a cursory glance at two freshly poured glasses of Coke and Pepsi will make it abundantly clear that Coke produces far more bubbles, and a far frothier, long-lasting head, than Pepsi.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Believe me, you'll be happier without INTJackoffs.

INTPipsqueeks are okay though.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Maybe your co-workers think you're boring. Sometimes it's nice to talk about banalities and just spend time... you don't know what you can learn about the others.

Yep. As a veteran coffee klatcher, I'd say you learn a substantial amount about people through inane and idle chit chat so don't disdain it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then that must be due to your own esophageal abnormalities, because even a cursory glance at two freshly poured glasses of Coke and Pepsi will make it abundantly clear that Coke produces far more bubbles, and a far frothier, long-lasting head, than Pepsi.

Oh. I thought you mean COKE.

*kicks razor blade and mirror under the sofa, blows nose*

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Do you like freeze pops?

And do you think NTs like cherry or blueberry more?

No model exists that can predict if NT like cherry or blueberry more so I cannot answer your question with certainty or even an educated guess. However, I define cherry as better, as the ENTJ gets to say what is better for others after all.

rofl. As NT as you say you are, your Ti must have malfuntioned if you spelled rulz wrong.

Considering ENTJ define the rulez, if I say rulez then that is the correct spelling.

*chunks a brick through your cubicle*

Dirty Te primary! :D

Thou shalt be sent to the crocodiles tomorrow morning to have your T reinforced for future use in order to make you one of us.

If I was to hazard a guess then I would say that they are avoiding you. Maybe they are discussing the relative merits of Coca-Cola and Pepsi with the other inane temperaments, because if I was an NT that is what I would be doing. It really is a very important and interesting controversy.

Your guess is obviously influenced by a personal bias I have no access to, since these topics of conversation arise independent of my personal presence. However, I can understand why they would avoid me, as my mere presence makes them look rather incapable, they prefer to avoid me in order to maintain a positive social comparison context.

Concerning the controversy, these inane temperaments seem unable to justify theoretically the relative merits of Coke vs. Pepsi, when models exist that predict that this preference comes from a stronger association between Coke and a positive valence due to enhanced marketing (and this can be shown using double blind studies and fMRI techniques highlighting the "pleasure zone" in the brain and related memory).