• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Matches?

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Eh, I'm pretty convinced I'm INFP, quite a few other people are too. I've just been through a lot of crap that has either helped me develop my ESTJ shadow some, or I've become very jaded. Desperate situations can bring about desperate changes; had I not become more pragmatic I would not have survived.

Its a good thing to be pinned in a corner a few times. Its what defines and brings you to life. Some people are inherently afraid to fight/avoid confrontation.....the world must appear frightening to them.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Its a good thing to be pinned in a corner a few times. Its what defines and brings you to life. Some people are inherently afraid to fight/avoid confrontation.....the world must appear frightening to them.

It still is to me, I just use what I've learned to mitigate the danger where I can.

MBTI Type
INxJ
INFJ? That's odd.
Elaborate?

Agreed. Please elaborate FallsPioneer.

INFJ has been my best match thus far.

My husband of just over 3 years is INTJ like me. It's an incredibly great match. INTJs also make great male friends for me.

I read something about how male NTs are attracted to their opposites and female NTs like to date similar. I can agree with that observation somewhat.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
A few types come to mind as being ideal matches for INTJs:

ENFPs...I find ENFPs to be very attractive. I admire their creativity and inventiveness - even randomness. I have never dated one and thus I am not sure about long-term compatibility.

ISFJs...I seem to attract ISFJs. INTJs and ISFJs both tend to be well organized and diligent. In addition, I get the sense that ISFJs are romantics who appreciate nice dinners and being cuddled - more generally, ISFJs like to feel protected. Accordingly, the INTJs outward confidence provides a sense of comfort to the ISFJ. I reckon that the main conflict in an INTJ-ISFJ relationship is that ISFJs tend to be really high maintenance.

ESFPs...Recently I've gotten to know a certain ESFP and we get along great. She is very emotionally astute and knows how to lighten up the INTJ by taking a disarming approach. However, the NT vs. SF make me question the long-term compatibility with an ESFP. They are really kind but they don't give back much intellectually.

I*FP...My gf is an I*FP. We've been together for five years and get along great. This is definately my number one choice :) as an ideal match with INTJs.

Harlow_Jem

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It depends on how rigid/extreme the INTJ is. As for me, I really could not stand a relationship with an INFJ; it seemed like a perfect match but it turned out that he was way too sensitive and "weak" for me...couldn't stand it.

I think the best relationship so far is with an ENFJ as they are usually strong/charismatic/interesting enough to hold an INTJ's attention and not be clingy but still be patient enough to put up with an INTJ (unintentional insensitivity, unintentional coldness, etc.)

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
I read something about how male NTs are attracted to their opposites and female NTs like to date similar. I can agree with that observation somewhat.

If it seems true, it's only because female NTs are much rarer than male NTs :tongue10:

My husband is not the only INTJ I'd ever dated, nor the only one who ever liked me that way. Most of my male INTJ friends seem to prefer females who are also IN types.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
INFJ? That's odd.
Elaborate?

Okay, I remembered this thing for like a month, so I'll finally address it now. I'll start by saying I'm slightly I, moderately N, and weak in T and J.

I've always I appreciated the strong sense of communion that I get hanging out with INFJs, but I don't think it would work out for me romantically. Most of the INFJs I know tend to be very similar to me and I'd get bored over time. Which is kind of an asshole thing to say but that's my personal thing on it. We've always sought each other out as "security friends," the kind of people that you hang out with to say you're hanging out with somebody, and it looks like it works because you're similar enough...I don't know of a single time that they've been attracted to me or I to them. (then again I'm not the best person to ask...because I automatically don't expect anything romantic from friends so my mind has that sort of tunnel vision thing going with regards to that.)

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay, I remembered this thing for like a month, so I'll finally address it now. I'll start by saying I'm slightly I, moderately N, and weak in T and J.

I've always I appreciated the strong sense of communion that I get hanging out with INFJs, but I don't think it would work out for me romantically. Most of the INFJs I know tend to be very similar to me and I'd get bored over time. Which is kind of an asshole thing to say but that's my personal thing on it. We've always sought each other out as "security friends," the kind of people that you hang out with to say you're hanging out with somebody, and it looks like it works because you're similar enough...I don't know of a single time that they've been attracted to me or I to them. (then again I'm not the best person to ask...because I automatically don't expect anything romantic from friends so my mind has that sort of tunnel vision thing going with regards to that.)

Wait till you get a sexy ass friend.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Though it is the most obvious, an ENFP would be a perfect fit with an INTJ.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wait till you get a sexy ass friend.

Agh...maybe, I mean, I've never told my friends when I thought they were hot, but I never tried to make a pass. I just didn't see it the same way? Hmm. I don't know.