• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Matches?

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
remember, socionics and mbti are fairly different.

if i recall mbti says that intj's best matches are infj/enfp

psukid13

MBTI Type
INTJ
remember, socionics and mbti are fairly different.

if i recall mbti says that intj's best matches are infj/enfp

For me personally, I cannot be with an "I" on a romantic level. I really like how the "E"'s bring out the "socialness" out of me and I've always enjoyed it on a long-term basis. If I dated another INTJ, I would probably have to kill myself.

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
For me personally, I cannot be with an "I" on a romantic level. I really like how the "E"'s bring out the "socialness" out of me and I've always enjoyed it on a long-term basis. If I dated another INTJ, I would probably have to kill myself.

then enfp ftw!

don't listen to me. i'm biased.

psukid13

MBTI Type
INTJ
Be careful, type doesn't translate between MBTI and Socionics. It gets a bit weird.

You have a link that explains this? I had NO idea there was a difference and I've known I am an INTJ for for years.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I here that a lot, and I don't believe it.

I guess it's just a matter of different experiences. *shrugs*

I'm pretty sure that's true with most if not all types...

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years is an ENFP and we get along fantastically. She's just so much fun to be around and she brings out this side of me that i didn't know existed, but it's definitely a good thing. She's pretty reckless and clumsy when it comes to some stuff but i balance her out pretty well just like she balances me out. It seems like she gets lost in whatever she's doing, like she completely immerses her whole awareness in whatever event is happening. We have a lot of random conversations and she's always interested in what i have to say. I can hang out with her all day and i won't get annoyed at all. We usually spend most of the day together but i feel like it's not enough time. I wish i could be with her all the time.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
My husband of just over 3 years is INTJ like me. It's an incredibly great match. INTJs also make great male friends for me.

I've dated a couple INFPs - one was way too passive and immature, while the other turned evil suddenly (Fi subject to whim, plus P indecisiveness...)

I've also dated a couple ENFPs. I felt like they were trying to dominate me or make me feel like I was some backward, naive little girl. I didn't like it.

I can't speak for all INTJs of course, but a fellow INTJ was definitely the best match for me.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate the idea of dating another INTJ. I am insanely bored by people whom I think are too similar to me.

If I had to name types...that's kinda hard I guess, the only ones I'd really exclude are INFJ, INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ISTJ, ESTP, and ESFP. Life may prove me wrong later, but that's what I know I don't want.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate the idea of dating another INTJ. I am insanely bored by people whom I think are too similar to me.

If I had to name types...that's kinda hard I guess, the only ones I'd really exclude are INFJ, INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ISTJ, ESTP, and ESFP. Life may prove me wrong later, but that's what I know I don't want.

INFJ? That's odd.
Elaborate?

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I have dated two beautiful INFP women in my adult life and they both were failed efforts. They are charming for about a week until you realize the fantasy world (to them) is real. Not a great match for an INTJ as we base our views on strict pragmatism. I avoid them at all costs. I found myself trying to "make it work" and spent a lot of energy on problem solving. They dont like when "the fantasy" is contested.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have dated two beautiful INFP women in my adult life and they both were failed efforts. They are charming for about a week until you realize the fantasy world (to them) is real. Not a great match for an INTJ as we base our views on strict pragmatism. I avoid them at all costs. I found myself trying to "make it work" and spent a lot of energy on problem solving. They dont like when "the fantasy" is contested.

This is where being the eldest in my family and having to take care of my siblings almost as much as my parents did helped me over the fantasy thing. Those two girls needed to grow up a little still, because the best fantasy is the kind you can make truly real rather than just in your own head.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
This is where being the eldest in my family and having to take care of my siblings almost as much as my parents did helped me over the fantasy thing. Those two girls needed to grow up a little still, because the best fantasy is the kind you can make truly real rather than just in your own head.

Are you sure you are an INFP? I detected a hint of pragmatism.....I have found INFPs to be extremely conflicted. They attempt to escape the harsh reality of existence vicariously inventing a "better place" in their mind. It NEVER works out and that truth (which is unconsciously ignored) comes up on them in a hurry. Its the shadow they cant escape and always present. This is why INTJs tend to be successful...they accept the world as a chaotic place. Doesnt make it any easier...you either fight or be eaten. Animals dont have the luxury of contemplation...they have to move on a dime. The beauty of survival.;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, I'm pretty convinced I'm INFP, quite a few other people are too. I've just been through a lot of crap that has either helped me develop my ESTJ shadow some, or I've become very jaded. Desperate situations can bring about desperate changes; had I not become more pragmatic I would not have survived.