• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Matches?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
In your opinion, and experience, what is the best match (significant other) for INTJs, and why?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
INFJ, because we balance each other out.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ooh, cool thread. Everyone is interested in the love lives of the silent, mysterious INTJs. :)

Seriously, I think the success and happiness of a relationship has a whole lot more to do with commitment, respect, affection, and all that good stuff than it does with personality type.

That said, I like the idea of INTJ/INFJ pairings-- all other things being equal, and so long as they are mature enough to handle Te/Fe differences. There is a lot of common ground-- (introversion, Ni, etc,) but enough difference to keep things interesting and promote personal growth.

In my highly humble and uninformed opinion. :)

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Seriously, I think the success and happiness of a relationship has a whole lot more to do with commitment, respect, affection, and all that good stuff than it does with personality type.

I completely agree. I think that is a major reason why INTJ/INFJ would work really well. They both value commitment.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I don't find INFJs attractive at all. Ni x 2 is too much.

I'll have to go with Ne users or P types in general. Note that my J is fairly low.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs, have you had any relationship experiences with INFPs?

And I also wanted to add, that even if the INTJ, INFJ thing worked out really well... those are two types that are both near 1% of the population... :(

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't find INFJs attractive at all. Ni x 2 is too much.

I'll have to go with Ne users or P types in general. Note that my J is fairly low.

Really? Ne makes me nervous, not sure why, I guess it can seem so random and unpredictable. I'm more comforable with other J types.

Note that I'm talking about relationships. Ne is cute and totally acceptable in friends and acquaintances.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
And I also wanted to add, that even if the INTJ, INFJ thing worked out really well... those are two types that are both near 1% of the population... :(

Does it follow that they'd be less likely to find eachother? I've heard IN's in general are sorta rare, but I know several. I think they gravitate to similar activities and social groups.

Also, who's to say that statistic is accurate? *shrugs*

S

Sniffles

Based on my experiences with INTJ girls.....I'd advised against the whole INFJ/INTJ pair. If it works, I guess things would be fine. If it doesn't(like it did with me), well.......let's just say you have one incredibly shitty mess to clean up.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks Helen. I'm lazy (writing and expressing), I just know it works for us (INTJ husband and myself).

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Does it follow that they'd be less likely to find eachother? I've heard IN's in general are sorta rare, but I know several. I think they gravitate to similar activities and social groups.

Also, who's to say that statistic is accurate? *shrugs*

Yeah that's true..
Out of my circle of friends at school, four out of seven of us are INTs. Three of which are INTJ, one is INTP.

I know three INFJs in real life.
My mom.
My childhood friend.
And the mother of my INFP friend. We are friends also though, me and her mother.
But no INFJs in real life who are romantic interests.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Based on my experiences with INTJ girls.....I'd advised against the whole INFJ/INTJ pair. If it works, I guess things would be fine. If it doesn't(like it did with me), well.......let's just say you have one incredibly shitty mess to clean up.

Could be the whole male/female aspect.

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've run into many INTJ/ENFP couples. While I think In general (depending on circumstances and intratype differences) any NF/NT combo can work fairly well, I think Keirsey was right by saying this is the most natural. The key is that both partners must be well-rounded and mature, otherwise you get into situations where the INTJ could unknowingly manipulate an ENFP with poor tertiary growth into just about anything.... but such risks are with any relationship, right?

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've run into many INTJ/ENFP couples. While I think In general (depending on circumstances and intratype differences) any NF/NT combo can work fairly well, I think Keirsey was right by saying this is the most natural. The key is that both partners must be well-rounded and mature, otherwise you get into situations where the INTJ could unknowingly manipulate an ENFP with poor tertiary growth into just about anything.... but such risks are with any relationship, right?

I am most attracted to ENFP women(ENTP isn't bad but I like a little bit more F), just because I feel a draw to them. It is very symbiotic in that both enhance each other beyond by being just individuals. INTJ's think they are perfect, but it just feels like you become even more around a good ENFP promoting you (by pulling you out of your shell, getting you comfortable enough to show any passion you keep on the inside, can make you smile easily). Heck, even saw a post once that said an INTJ husband and ENFP wife took an IQ test together, and scored a 180. May be exaggerated but still, it compounds the theory of becoming something more.

ENFP's of course get the advantage in having an INTJ partner of someone to help ground them from their highs, can help sort out their ideas and sometimes put more meaning (or action) into them, and a constant source of interesting yet exotic ideas that flow from the Ni.

I am sure there are more benefits to both. Also the Ni+Ne effect when intimate can be interesting.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Really? Ne makes me nervous, not sure why, I guess it can seem so random and unpredictable. I'm more comforable with other J types.

Note that I'm talking about relationships. Ne is cute and totally acceptable in friends and acquaintances.

Ne makes me nervous in all the good ways.

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am most attracted to ENFP women(ENTP isn't bad but I like a little bit more F), just because I feel a draw to them. It is very symbiotic in that both enhance each other beyond by being just individuals. INTJ's think they are perfect, but it just feels like you become even more around a good ENFP promoting you (by pulling you out of your shell, getting you comfortable enough to show any passion you keep on the inside, can make you smile easily). Heck, even saw a post once that said an INTJ husband and ENFP wife took an IQ test together, and scored a 180. May be exaggerated but still, it compounds the theory of becoming something more.

ENFP's of course get the advantage in having an INTJ partner of someone to help ground them from their highs, can help sort out their ideas and sometimes put more meaning (or action) into them, and a constant source of interesting yet exotic ideas that flow from the Ni.

I am sure there are more benefits to both. Also the Ni+Ne effect when intimate can be interesting.

I'm sure the vaguest interpretation of the advantages an INTJ gets is that an ENFP gets them a window to the outside world (once that isn't as suspicious as it can be, I think, for some INTJs) as well as a source for growing their emotional side (or their Introverted Feeling).

The Ne-Ni combo is definetly an attraction. INFJs tend to be the biggest draw for me.