• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Matches?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So no one with any INTJ/INFP experience?

Previous experience = not an ideal match for me, the always-trying-to-please-me mixed with indecision was not attractive in a romantic relationship.

Might find this interesting though.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Previous experience = not an ideal match for me, the always-trying-to-please-me mixed with indecision was not attractive in a romantic relationship.

Might find this interesting though.

Heh I actually read that thread when I was first getting into MBTI... I should read it again though.
Thanks everyone for your replies and insight.

MBTI Type
INxJ
INTJs online annoy me if they try oh-so-desperately to be a cold and ruthless robot, simply because that's the extreme of the INTJ type description and they want to be hardcore. :steam:

Some individuals are really like that though. There's no trying, they just are. BlueWing, while not an INTJ but still in the hard-core thinker category, is probably genuinely being himself. I can tell you from experience, non-feeling people exist.

Should they loosen up now and then? Hell yes. :devil: lol

Yet, you should still take into consideration that probably half of the online people aren't pretending. It's just how they are.

Usehername

On a mission
I think the best matches for me would be ENFP & INFJ or possibly INTJ as already mentioned.

I would be interested to know why you rate ISTP as 10/16 based on experience, I'm curious as I've been thinking this match might work for me.

The only ISTP I know is a female cousin; she and I respect each other, have similar interests in sports, have even taken the same classes at university together, but yet continually make the most boring conversation partners. And we both know it.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fantastic as in incredibly great...lol No, seriously though, when I say fantastic, I mean the sort of relationship where I feel some sort of emotional/mental intimacy that goes both ways (as opposed to the sort of relationship I've had in the past, where the guy leaned on me too hard for emotional support without bothering to see if I had needs as well). I think if I had a healthy sort of relationship, it'd be easier to accept a "feeling" man without needing to run screaming.

I thought a person should be able to expect this from a relationship...

And I honestly don't know what would make me feel more feminine. The only thing that has worked at all so far is being around tall guys...not exactly sure how that works, but I'm man-sized as well as being an INTJ, so when I'm around taller guys...yeah, I dunno.

fair enough

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I thought a person should be able to expect this from a relationship...

I can expect things 'til I'm blue in the face, that doesn't mean I get them.

To be fair, I think I probably attract the not-so-stable ones, and I'm not exactly well-versed in opening up in a mental/emotional way with other human beings, so maybe my case is just fraught with problems to begin with.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can expect things 'til I'm blue in the face, that doesn't mean I get them.

To be fair, I think I probably attract the not-so-stable ones, and I'm not exactly well-versed in opening up in a mental/emotional way with other human beings, so maybe my case is just fraught with problems to begin with.

LOL, I recognize this problem; I've dealt with it myself. I'm trying a few different methods to get around that though just incase there's a healthy relationship waiting for me around the corner. I won't expect it right away, and definately expect some trouble, but if I keep my focus I'll find her.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs online annoy me if they try oh-so-desperately to be a cold and ruthless robot, simply because that's the extreme of the INTJ type description and they want to be hardcore. :steam:

Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

Those INTJ's just need to reevaluate themselves as INTJ. I think the true calling of an INTJ is almost a renaissance man/woman understanding of the world. I mean, you do want to constantly learning and perfecting your skills right INTJ's?? That includes your EQ and social aptitude.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Those INTJ's just need to reevaluate themselves as INTJ. I think the true calling of an INTJ is almost a renaissance man/woman understanding of the world. I mean, you do want to constantly learning and perfecting your skills right INTJ's?? That includes your EQ and social aptitude.

Well said!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ESFJ seems to work. Old INTJ friend married one, and if you're socionics INTj, they're your Dual.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What about INTP's?

Wrote this at INTJf today...

INFJ, ENFP or with passion INTJ and if your partner having less motivation then you isn’t an issue INFP or INTP. If you like the domineering strong extraverted type than have a crack at ENTP or ENTJ.

For me the only type I would actively avoid in romantic relationships are SJs, too easy going, great as a friend but nothing more for me.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I vote against ESFJ...communication is fun, you know.

psukid13

MBTI Type
INTJ
Positive, best match.

Ironic. My ESFJ broke up with my this past Saturday after 2.5 months. We never argued and got along great. We were both happy. But he didn't feel "it".

But I do have to say that I was very happy. Usually I will know within the first or second date if I like the person and I was extremely drawn to his magnetic personality. It was almost surreal. At the same time though - on an emotional level, it was like trying to break down the wall of China. He was quite "unemotional" and I had to make up for it. So weird.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I ran into that site also but it seems like that's the ONLY site that considers the ESFJ/INTJ relationship to be a good pair. Other sites are screaming "stay away".
Be careful, type doesn't translate between MBTI and Socionics. It gets a bit weird.