• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Courtroom: INTJ female

Status
Not open for further replies.

á´…eparted

passages
I don’t think it’s allowed to talk in another language..
Also, excuse me I won’t share personal informations here.
;)
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], what are the rules regarding this? I think I have seen others use other languages here and there. I ask so 1. I don't back-seat mod, and 2. I have a Wittig reaction I have to turn off that need attention (and oh god is it a bitch to deal with.) so I don't have time atm to look it up :D

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
……………….why did you give me your opinion and asked me questions and now you’re telling me you’re not following me, well, it’s not about following, this thread is about understanding, I’d rename it understanding me, and not INTJ, because many of you think I’m not an INTJ, however, you come and critique then leave, what does that suppose to mean, wow i’ve typed most of what I just thought about.

When I said "I'm not following you" I meant that I didn't understand what you were saying. Here's a reference (definition #14 ) or two to that usage of follow.) In other words, I couldn't see the connection between what you quoted and how you responded. I wasn't trying to upset you. I just wasn't sure how to respond to your post.

gromit

likes this
INTJ females I have known have recognized they aren't like a lot of females but somehow it doesn't seem to bother them. More of a fact they observe almost dispassionately, although that isn't the right word, just seems that way to an outsider.

And 2/3 of them are in satisfying heterosexual relationships, so it seems that hasn't been working against them in terms of romance either.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Of course I know what’s my limits, rights and responsibilities very well.
But the reaction of people is too wrong + I’m one, they’e a lot more. (numbers)
That I almost get the feeling of being the wrong one.
Fighting this feeling with logic waists my energy.
I always want the shorter and the more effective ways.
That’s one of the things I learnt in physics:
Every force takes the shortest distance to have the most effect.​
But when you make a proper force diagram, you see that sometimes forces can be discounted due to their direction. You don't need to fight against the reactions of people unless they are trying to constrain your choices in a material way; that is the only component of the force with which you need be concerned. Otherwise, it might as well have nothing to do with you. People don't approve. So what? You either progress toward your goals, or you do not. The rest is simply the proverbial sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], what are the rules regarding this? I think I have seen others use other languages here and there. I ask so 1. I don't back-seat mod, and 2. I have a Wittig reaction I have to turn off that need attention (and oh god is it a bitch to deal with.) so I don't have time atm to look it up :D

Not EJCC, but we don't really have any rules about it. Having discussed it a bit, we don't think we need one. It's true that this is a forum primarily for English-speakers, but there's no reason folks couldn't converse in other languages if they like here and there. Basically it's OK as long as it doesn't take over a thread not meant for the purpose or turn into a clique that uses it to exclude others. But there are a lot of cool applications for using other languages here- one example might be threads where one can practice another language. This is one of the side benefits of the geographic and cultural diversity represented here. But again, if it started to become a tool for exclusion, we would step in. But that's never happened in the seven years we've been around, so we've never needed to make a rule about speaking other languages.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Conversing in languages besides English is fine, as long as it doesn't become disruptive of English-language discussion (e.g. by derailing a thread), and/or exclusionary/cliquish. We don't have an official rule about it because it's never been an issue.

Edit: Dammit [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION]! Beat me to it! :irked:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This thread...I don't even.....

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or could it be some of the so-called INTJs who joined the forum in later years are oblivious to the "I am misunderstood" INTJs of earlier years?
I do see type descriptions that mention INTJs feeling and actually being misunderstood. Usually we don't bother bemoaning that fact, however, whether in real life or online. We just make the effort to be understood when it is important, and otherwise move on.

I liked the idea of personality change.
I believe we change as we grow and know.
But causing a type change depends on the motive.. and your original type.
I also think that mbti test should be taken two times:
The way you act, and the way you think/feel you should be.
No. Answering the MBTI questions from the perspective of what you think you should be will often yield an incorrect result. It is important to answer as you actually are, and that means what your preferences actually are, not your behavior. Many people take MBTI at work, and answer in their work personas, not based on their preferences when unconstrained by job demands, family expectations, etc. That is not your real type, just the type you pretend to be to get by in the world.

As for type changing, I have not seen a definitive answer on this, but everything I have read points to type being inherent, inborn. Our behavior will change as we grow and mature becasue we become more comfortable with our less-preferred functions and better able to integrate them into how we approach life, but that doesn't change our essential type.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The even more positive point is that, in many parts of the world at least, enforcement of these narrow rules is lax at best. This means women (and men) can throw caution to the winds and express, if not 100% of themselves all the time, at least 90% most of the time. (I'm not sure anyone gets to be 100% themselves always.) The corresponding negative is that too many people don't realize how much freedom they really do have. INTJs tend to be among those who do.

[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]: does this answer your (unstated) question?

Well, I was really wondering if any INTJ females on here can relate to what this claimed INTJ is saying. However I can't help but think that this user has been on here before typed as ESxP. (Deja Vu?)

oh well :shrug:

Someone made a case for one of those four to be ENFP and someone else made a case for the same person to be ESTJ.

Ok, still, there would be some common ground among the majority. Still, I can't help but think that this isn't a new member.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ females I have known have recognized they aren't like a lot of females but somehow it doesn't seem to bother them. More of a fact they observe almost dispassionately, although that isn't the right word, just seems that way to an outsider.

And 2/3 of them are in satisfying heterosexual relationships, so it seems that hasn't been working against them in terms of romance either.

I’m in a relationship. And no it doesn’t bother me like to be upset or etc.
I just think it’s a problem I should solve.

But when you make a proper force diagram, you see that sometimes forces can be discounted due to their direction. You don't need to fight against the reactions of people unless they are trying to constrain your choices in a material way; that is the only component of the force with which you need be concerned. Otherwise, it might as well have nothing to do with you. People don't approve. So what? You either progress toward your goals, or you do not. The rest is simply the proverbial sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Impressive, it moved me.
tumblr_mmwvz6yFqZ1rvs9wso1_500.gif

Nice to meet you, I’ve been waiting for your response.
And about that, I have other reasons.. I know true values of things.

Not EJCC, but we don't really have any rules about it. Having discussed it a bit, we don't think we need one. It's true that this is a forum primarily for English-speakers, but there's no reason folks couldn't converse in other languages if they like here and there. Basically it's OK as long as it doesn't take over a thread not meant for the purpose or turn into a clique that uses it to exclude others. But there are a lot of cool applications for using other languages here- one example might be threads where one can practice another language. This is one of the side benefits of the geographic and cultural diversity represented here. But again, if it started to become a tool for exclusion, we would step in. But that's never happened in the seven years we've been around, so we've never needed to make a rule about speaking other languages.

alright then, I just don’t find it proper.

This thread...I don't even.....

You can’t just throw words.
Everything is not rational.
You reply, or you don’t

I do see type descriptions that mention INTJs feeling and actually being misunderstood. Usually we don't bother bemoaning that fact, however, whether in real life or online. We just make the effort to be understood when it is important, and otherwise move on.

No. Answering the MBTI questions from the perspective of what you think you should be will often yield an incorrect result. It is important to answer as you actually are, and that means what your preferences actually are, not your behavior. Many people take MBTI at work, and answer in their work personas, not based on their preferences when unconstrained by job demands, family expectations, etc. That is not your real type, just the type you pretend to be to get by in the world.

As for type changing, I have not seen a definitive answer on this, but everything I have read points to type being inherent, inborn. Our behavior will change as we grow and mature becasue we become more comfortable with our less-preferred functions and better able to integrate them into how we approach life, but that doesn't change our essential type.

Maybe mbti is not the type of test to be taken, but I find it important to have a test like this.
True we can’t tell -yet- if types could change but I see possibility.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I can't recall a time you or any of the other legit INTJs actually put so much effort out into saying that you're misunderstood. and if you ever have even a little it was so minor and quick that I don't remember.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Of course you can, haven't you watched "Source Code"? duh

No. duh?
I think it could happen.
However, in our environment it’s not displayed in this way.
I’ll mention you once I could express this in a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.