• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ + Sense of Haste

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
Why remedy it?

Personally, I feel like I am always in a hurry. Go, go, go. I can cut people off or walk away from them while they are in mid sentence. Or finish their sentences. I just think it's something that could be addressed. But if you think otherwise, then why do you think it's a strength?

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Personally, I feel like I am always in a hurry. Go, go, go. I can cut people off or walk away from them while they are in mid sentence. Or finish their sentences. I just think it's something that could be addressed. But if you think otherwise, then why do you think it's a strength?

Wow. I'm not J (that I know of) but this describes me, too. A remedy for the sense of urgency is needed because there's not always a reason for the haste/urgency besides getting away from useless, rambling chatter. And repetition. GAH oijyw'o6jy6!
In the wrong mood, I will feel like I'm going insane if I don't wrap up the ramblers' chit chat and get on with whatever I really want to do. Of course, this is not the height of politeness.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's something I have to combat because to myself I think a)what's wrong with it and b) why aren't you in as much of a hurry as me? Now I make an effort to slow down, listen more and not be as stingy with my time.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I will think things through to completion but can do it rapidly, and when I make a decision, I'm done. I think the speed sense is more of our tendency to be efficient.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
Geez. I don't know now if I am an INTJ or an INTP. I need closure a lot of the time but I can be so indecisive.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I think it stems from the need to be efficient. Regarding projects, I'm in the zone. I will continue to think about it until it's completed and I prefer to finish in a timely manner. Otherwise, I'd have no life.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Must understand the riddles of the universe.

Now.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
What's wrong with a sense of haste? It makes other people hurry up and not waste my time.

Homini Lupus

MBTI Type
INTJ
My solution is to complete what task gives you that sense, then put it in a mind closet until you get the result of your work.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Remedying it wouldn't be effective at this point, as once you get used to that sort of thing you tend to attempt to achieve more with the time at hand. If I slowed down at all, I'd end up with numerous unfinished things as I'd have taken on too much. Rectifying this sort of efficiency (or the desire for it) would not only require me to adjust most of my actions, but it'd require me to reassess how many things I'd be able to complete given the new time estimates. That being said, I've never tried to fix it, to the annoyance of the majority of my friends.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I do agree that I am silently impatient when I'm doing things with other people. I don't like waiting for people, which is probably the reason I'm a loner. I tend to find that other people are an annoyance and merely slow things down. Alas, I also don't have the power to do things on my own. So while I'm not interested in wealth, per say, I think a certain amount of it is essential in order to be more independent.

As far as redundancy, it would depend on what you mean. There are times where I often repeat myself, but that's because other people don't seem to understand me. But I also have a habit of getting caught in loopholes of many sorts (logical, creative, emotional, etc.), and I'll end up repeating myself.

And sometimes my wishes played out in the world do not match with what I had in mind, so I will often have to adapt and start making or loosening up rules as I go along. I'll usually expand parameters if I think the task could be made better.

As for getting the job done, that mostly depends if the job holds my attention and whether or not I care about it. I have a habit of putting things off if I have it locked in my mind that my way won't work or if I just don't want to do them (those reasons are mostly because I think the tasks are pointless and uninspired). I also also throw out an idea or project if I feel it's not going anywhere. There are times where I just wish I could direct others and guide them to follow through on my projects. Oftentimes, that doesn't work, so I end up doing it my way again, for reasons alluded to in the first paragraph.

And there are other times where I would just prefer to bounce an idea onto another and have him/her work on the practical details.