• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why INTJ women are the way they are?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Many people say that in INTJ type there is a huge difference between genders.

I know that genders have different brains.

But!

Can it be that this is because women never had a opportunity to develope their INTJness fully because of social pressure ?

Just a thought.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
And what is the pinnacle of INTJness?

You?

I don't think so.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why are you are taking this so personal?

And yes INTJ is very wide category.

INTJ is quite a wide category. I don't see the point of this thread.

INTJs in general do not respond well to social pressure. You're not specific. What is this 'huge difference'? I notice that there's quite a wide variety of 'INTJs' here of both genders with a large overlap.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I think that if a male and female are the same type, with very similar cognitive process percentages, then the difference comes down to nurture. In other words, if the before mentioned people were raised within the same family environment, and within a culture that values and raises males and females equally. . . then you'd have a male and female INTJ that are as close to identical, personality wise, as possible.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think that if a male and female are the same type, with very similar cognitive process percentages, then the difference comes down to nurture. In other words, if the before mentioned people were raised within the same family environment, and within a culture that values and raises males and females equally. . . then you'd have a male and female INTJ that are as close to identical, personality wise, as possible.

This makes a bit more sense.

However, from what I've seen, INTJ males and INTJ females are still very similar in their methods and thought processes, albeit they may use them to do very different things.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn

But!

Can it be that this is because women never had a opportunity to develope their INTJness fully because of social pressure ?

Just a thought.

Please teach the lacking INTJness out of me. :cry:

Exactly what way are we, though?

For the rest, I agree with Haight and here's a snack for you: INTJ men vs. INTJ women - INTJ Forum.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

But!

Just a thought.

How are they? How would they have been different sans the social pressure? And how have the INTJ men in contrast managed to escape the influences of social pressure?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How are they? How would they have been different sans the social pressure? And how have the INTJ men in contrast managed to escape the influences of social pressure?

I think what he means is that INTJ seems to be a more inherently 'masculine' type, at least according to society's preconceptions. Statistically, there are more male INTJs than female INTJs, though there aren't that many to begin with, which would probably make society hard on both genders.

It seems to me that no matter how much society is beaten into an INTJ, they still keep the one thing that makes them an INTJ -- that strategy-towards-vision. The rest are trappings, not things that would make one 'more' or 'less' INTJ.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ

My brother, also an INTJ, and I constitute a prime example of that, actually. (Here's his intro thread.) Regarding nurture, my mother is an INTJ also (yes, that's three INTJs in a family of five :yes:), and I'm sure that made a positive difference in terms of me feeling comfortable in my own skin despite whatever gender socialization I may have faced outside the home. (I don't really recall any. :shock:)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok this is going in the wrong way for now.

Actually I have never meet INTJ female in real life and the only thing I know is from posts on internet forums.

But from what I see INTJ women have less arrogance for sure.
They are much more friendly and maybe little bit more sarcastic.

And It looks that they will admit more often that they are unhappy.

I did not open this thread because of hostile intentions.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ok this going the wrong way for now.

Actually I have never meet INTJ female in real life and the only thing I know is from post on internet forums.

I did not open this thread because of hostile intentions.

So by "develop their INTJness fully" you mean "be a supremely arrogant, obnoxious tard"?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
My brother, also an INTJ, and I constitute a prime example of that, actually. (Here's his intro thread.) Regarding nurture, my mother is an INTJ also (yes, that's three INTJs in a family of five :yes:), and I'm sure that made a positive difference in terms of me feeling comfortable in my own skin despite whatever gender socialization I may have faced outside the home. (I don't really recall any. :shock:)
It's not nice to leave me in suspense. :cry:

So. . . how similar are you and your brother? Additionally, how similar are the two of you to your mother?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Well, it seems like you have the data. . . so yes.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

These differences have nothing to do with your opening statement. There may be noticeable differences in trends between male INTJs and female INTJs. Perhaps these differences have to do with society, perhaps hormones, or perhaps some other reason. However, they're not differences that would make female INTJs 'underdeveloped in their INTJness'.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
So by "develop their INTJness fully" you mean "be a supremely arrogant, obnoxious tard"?

Yes I think those caregories are a part of male INTJness and it seems that it is not same for female gender. (What is actually a good thing)

The point of this thread is to see is there some real differences or not.

Since in many threads INTJ women say that they have a very hard time to fit in society. Maybe they are less arrogant because they want to compensate their combination of gender and thinking style.
What means that from difference in this with time can emerge difference personality.

Personly I have nothing against INTJ women.

Homini Lupus

MBTI Type
INTJ
MBTI type is not something you develop, it is something you are. Maybe men can, by their nature, show more some external signs of their type, maybe they are more likely to have a certain type instead of another, but this doesn't mean that female INTJs individuals are "less INTJ" (notice that the idea of being more or less of a given type is often due to the results of online tests, wich generally measure the likability of the result, not the "strenght").

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, it seems like you have the data. . . so yes.

Given that I characterize my brother and myself as a prime example, I obviously think we're extremely similar. (For outside opinions, try asking Blackwater and Vortex if they agree.) In terms of basic wiring, I have to say that we're also extremely similar to our mother.

... Do with that information what you will. :rolleyes:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Given that I characterize my brother and myself as a prime example, I obviously think we're extremely similar. (For outside opinions, try asking Blackwater and Vortex if they agree.) In terms of basic wiring, I have to say that we're also extremely similar to our mother.

... Do with that information what you will. :rolleyes:
I don't understand the rolleyes smilie, but . . .

That experience is consistent with my own, and would support the assumption that I made earlier in this thread.

Lastly, speaking as a parent. . . your mom is one very lucky person.