• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why INTJ women are the way they are?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
These differences have nothing to do with your opening statement. There may be noticeable differences in trends between male INTJs and female INTJs. Perhaps these differences have to do with society, perhaps hormones, or perhaps some other reason. However, they're not differences that would make female INTJs 'underdeveloped in their INTJness'.

Yes, I have expressed myself in the wrong way in the original post.

My original point was actally supossed to be more like do social rule threat INTJ males better then INTJ females.
So INTJ females must work harder to get to same level of success.

But since I suck at english and in communication in general this is what happend.

I am not aiming on their INTJness in their brain but the image they show from the outside because they are under stronger pressure in my parts of the world.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
That experience is consistent with my own, and would support the assumption that I made earlier in this thread.

Which is why I spoke up. :)

Lastly, speaking as a parent. . . your mom is one very lucky person.

*spits water on keyboard*

She was when we were growing up, yes. Since then... :whistling: I'm not sure any other type would have been as egoistically cost-benefit-oriented as we were.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I believe an INTJ is an INTJ, no matter the gender. Gender may cause some other differences on how they uniquely develop, but they are still INTJ's. Heck, I think there is some women that would almost seem more "INTJ" then some INTJ men, so a there is a counterpoint.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Which is why I spoke up. :)
Well of course, you would have spoke up to correctly me as well.

But yeah, based on my present experience - and the fact that my answer seemed correct and obvious - I thought my assumption was right. However, it's interesting to learn about your experience.

She was when we were growing up, yes. Since then... :whistling: I'm not sure any other type would have been as egoistically cost-benefit-oriented as we were.
Yeah, growing up is what I meant. Since, I'm personally aware of the later parts you mentioned in the link.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I believe an INTJ is an INTJ, no matter the gender. Gender may cause some other differences on how they uniquely develop, but they are still INTJ's. Heck, I think there is some women that would almost seem more "INTJ" then some INTJ men, so a there is a counterpoint.

I totally agree with you.

My mistake was that my original post had so many generalization that entire thing turned out the wrong way.

So I will reform the question.

Do INTJ women think that society expects from them to be more feminine than they want to?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well of course, you would have spoke up to correctly me as well.

Don't be so sure of that. I'm sure you agree I use Te and not Ti. ;)

Do INTJ women think that society expects from them to be more feminine than they want to?

For my part, I already answered this:

Regarding nurture, my mother is an INTJ also (yes, that's three INTJs in a family of five :yes:), and I'm sure that made a positive difference in terms of me feeling comfortable in my own skin despite whatever gender socialization I may have faced outside the home. (I don't really recall any. :shock:)

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Don't be so sure of that. I'm sure you agree I use Te and not Ti. ;)
Well, I'm not sure. It was just an educated guess.

Interesting link, though. Thanks.

To the NEW OP:

Yes of course.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Do INTJ women think that society expects from them to be more feminine than they want to?

That's a worthwhile spin. :)

Expectations play a large role in perception.
Are the restraints/expectations here accurate?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Antisocial one, don't take the sarcasm personally. :)

I personally haven't had too much issues with this up till now. *knocks on wood*

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Something I noticed when I first started reading INTJ blogs was that some of male members would often try to exaggerate the stereotypical traits through their own behavior. For example, one guy would arrogantly jump to a confident conclusion on a topic with minimal data. The antic was almost embarrassing to watch.

I think these clowns are responsible for a lot of misconceptions about the species.

Usehername

On a mission

Speaking as an INTJ female who eventually would like to have a few kids one day, because I want to get married/pregnant/raise kids, I feel like I'm meeting every stereotypical expectation of me.

If the expectation is that I'll become an ISFJ mommy: I'll fail.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I got my grandmother to take the test and turns out she falls into the INTJ world. Wierd thing is that I would have never guessed that. She seems too much like a sweet heart to be the cold hearted bitch that some INTJ's pretend to be. I think that I am going to have to agree with "Not Me" and say that a few retarded INTJ's blew the stereotype out of the water and made us all believe that you were all dead inside.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Well, considering that I was pretty much the only androgynous-looking female in my grade, I think that's a yes. However, I think I was too busy hugging my graphic calculator to notice (classic math nerd, heh). I believe society in general is much more forgiving than the bunch of stereotypes I went to high school with.

Cindy

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think being an INTJ female makes me more misunderstood and others more confused.

Here are my random thoughts...

If I was male I would possibly get called bitch, mate and feminist a lot less.
I also think that people wouldn't be so worried that I don't smile enough/to their liking and not take that to mean I'm not happy but that I'm just not being a typically expressive female. I wouldn't be called cold because I don't cry at funerals - men aren't cold if they don't cry at funerals. My opinions might be more easily accepted. A female challenging a male in front of a group and winning the argument is sometimes frowned upon though some men find a strong minded female attractive. Being an INTJ female might be an advantage in that I get along with men better than other females do and more men climb the career ranks so they may help me up there.

If females do have a greater need to fit in and be socially accepted than males do then I can see a potential problem there esp. if you take Maslow's hierachy into account. I probably dedicated a lot of time to being accepted in my younger years whilst the male INTJ's were probably more likely to be pursuing some better aligned INTJ activity. Building their skills instead of working on a percieved weakness. Then again I was never really accepted by my family so I had a greater need to be accepted by my peers. As a consequence in my latter years I tend to get along quite well with a very broad range of people which is kinda cool.

It might be nice to be a bit less shocking and to have some real bonding cos I never REALLY bonded with the females and although I was more like a boy the gender divide meant I never REALLY bonded with them either.

So yes I do think society expects me to portray myself as more feminine than I AM. Now I'm not so young I tend to exagerate my INTJness and deliberatly use it to push peoples buttons, which is fun. Despite finding some of the things above irritating, at the end of the day I love being a misfit and am attracted to the underdog image. I'm glad I don't feel the need to exert so much effort into being like other females. I have learnt that as long as they can see and feel I understand them they don't care that I am so strange to them. On an end note some people find it hard to believe that my interier is as calm cool and collected as my exterier - people don't believe this is me - now that's annoying. On the other hand for the ones that do get me they don't always believe I am upset when I am because I will just say I'm upset as opposed to acting upset. They may even be jealous as I appear to cruise through life without taking much to heart.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I got my grandmother to take the test and turns out she falls into the INTJ world. Wierd thing is that I would have never guessed that. She seems too much like a sweet heart to be the cold hearted bitch that some INTJ's pretend to be. I think that I am going to have to agree with "Not Me" and say that a few retarded INTJ's blew the stereotype out of the water and made us all believe that you were all dead inside.

Courtesy of INTPc:

The meaner the intj, the weaker the insides. Yeah, you just gotta punch through the thick hide. If intj is a really mean bitch, then underneath the hide you will find the most repulsive amount of insecurities tangled into a knot of emotions. It's hilarious, actually. Just walk up to her, put your hand on her shoulder and say "You act so mean sometimes... But I know that you're so much nicer on the inside". If you play it right, all puppy eyes, she should go all teary and shit. That's when you should slap her across the face and say "Sucker!"

/bitter

It's true. :yes:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Originally Posted by rainfall View Post
The meaner the intj, the weaker the insides. Yeah, you just gotta punch through the thick hide. If intj is a really mean bitch, then underneath the hide you will find the most repulsive amount of insecurities tangled into a knot of emotions. It's hilarious, actually. Just walk up to her, put your hand on her shoulder and say "You act so mean sometimes... But I know that you're so much nicer on the inside".
Ha ha . . . that is like the opposite of what I get, which is more like "you act so nice sometimes, but I know you're just a mean witch inside" :laugh: