• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] I created a problem-solving method

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
..and put it for all you people to use / judge. I custom-made it for own purposes, the way I like :) I use several, that's just most recent. What cognitive functions do you think the various parts draw upon?

My guesses..

What I want? Ni, Fi?
What I have? S, Ti?
What I need? Fe, Ne, Te?

Just a thought from what they evoke from me :D

attachment.php

Jughead

MBTI Type
INTP
Improvisation is the best problem solving method.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Improvisation is the best problem solving method.
Well of course the greatest context in problem solving has to be freeform and not completely defined, but that doesn't mean there's no use for some semi-formal methods in some subdomains.

Fixed

Jughead

MBTI Type
INTP
Well of course the greatest context in problem solving has to be freeform and not completely defined, but that doesn't mean there's use for some semi-formal methods in some subdomains.

I was just being snarky.

I think I follow the steps that you described unconsciously. I probably wouldn't follow them from a list, because lists are constraining, and I've never been able to stick to them.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't get it.
Well I was stuck in solving one problem I had, then I noticed a pattern of how I had been solving it so far. So I refined it a bit to be able to solve the problem.

I was willing to be good in a game and enjoy it, while utilizing some general talents and technical skills I had.

I didn't know what kind of a goal to make exactly, except to be good and have fun. I didn't know the facts, i.e. what I had at my disposal, just the outlines.

So it went like this..
step 1:
-I want to be good and have fun
-I have 2 computers and some helpful software
-I need to study more what's written about it all and follow my instincts about what's fun

Step 2:
-I want to choose game styles X and Y as my specialties (with some detail)
-I have ability to write additional components for the software
-I need to find out how the game style is mastered and the programs written

Step 3:
-I want to make the kind of gameplay choices as written in here and here
-I can write software to handle my character's play in issues D and E
-I need to find out exactly what the software will have to for exactly the kind of characters I'm going to make

.. some steps more ..

Final step:
-I have a plan I want and need to follow, and I need nothing more.

(It doesn't have be completely planned beforehand, just divided in to manageable chunks.)

No, it isn't general problem solving. I just used it for this case; often I improvise some free-form "methods" on the spot when taking a new problem.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was just being snarky.

I think I follow the steps that you described unconsciously. I probably wouldn't follow them from a list, because lists are constraining, and I've never been able to stick to them.
Me neither, I just had to write it in detail to have some substance in it.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I solve problems using the Jump To Conclusions mat. You lay it on the floor and you 'jump' to conclusions!

(puts neck brace back on)

:party2: :coffee::doh: