• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Do you like driving in cities?

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I live in a remote area, but we had a hazmat team and construction on our roads today. I was looking for my Dr.s new office, which is a bit away. Without a GPS, I followed the instructions on the phone.

I told her I wasn't from here. In my 10 years here, I don't know the street names--only what they look like.

I just felt annoyed having to find my way with all the traffic. I enjoy driving on open roads, however.

Do you like driving? Why or why not?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do I like driving in Cities?

FUCK

NO

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
With the help of a GPS I find driving in cities manageable. I get the impression others are more stressed by city traffic than I am.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most rural kids aren't into it. There's something pretty damned exciting about merging into 4 lanes of traffic. What I hate is parking in cities.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I find the subway system easier to navigate. :shrug: (NYC)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Who the hell does?

Luckily I have an internal compass and instinctively perception of time and space, so I have trouble getting lost.

But I much prefer driving in the country. Again, another reason I'm glad not to live in America - five minutes drive and I'm into nature.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Who the hell does?

Luckily I have an internal compass and instinctively perception of time and space, so I have trouble getting lost.

But I much prefer driving in the country. Again, another reason I'm glad not to live in America - five minutes drive and I'm into nature.

Of course we have no country driving in America.

I love to drive in cities because that's how I learned to drive, it's never bothered me. It took awhile to get accustomed to living out here in the country, although I enjoy driving here too.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love to drive in cities because that's how I learned to drive, it's never bothered me. It took awhile to get accustomed to living out here in the country, although I enjoy driving here too.
I dislike cities as a rule, which means I dislike driving in them, especially if I have to do it routinely. Too many people, too much traffic, too much wasted time. I generally enjoy driving anywhere for the first time, though, when I have to figure out how to get there. I've never had a GPS, but simply print out a paper map or two before I leave. I've learned from others that GPS units don't always give accurate directions (e.g. to my own house), or the best way to get from A to B.

I, too, have a very good sense of direction, and even in the city, can navigate readily by cardinal directions, though it can be a challenge when the roads curve this way and that. It's actually fun sometimes to get "lost" and have to figure my way out, at least when I am not in a hurry to get somewhere. Even for long trips, I much prefer driving to flying, and drive whenever feasible.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's actually fun sometimes to get "lost" and have to figure my way out, at least when I am not in a hurry to get somewhere.

Yes, I agree with this completely.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah! It can be a fun adventure...

...that can turn really f#<+!^ frustrating.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I personally don't drive in general, because I might not be the safest driver due to the way my brain is wired. Going more into that would be TMI, perhaps that's TMI as is. Or at least, I took a safe driving test some time back, and I have a lot of things I might need to work out before actually driving. Though I live near a major city, and things can get pretty crazy.

I do like the city in general, and the shops, the general feel, it's kind of mixed but at the same time crowds overwhelm me a bit, and traffic around rush hour. Though we have to deal with traffic because it's life. Especially when going home from work Friday evening/afternoon. I guess I'm also thinking of getting from point A to point B outside of a vehicle and my experience, but even being a passenger, I see that things can get hectic in cities. All of the people have somewhere to be, rushing around. I'm not the best person with directions, I can know manually how to get to a place but putting it into words, snafus come into play. If I drove, I might be better, and Google Maps is always a helpful little tool.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I drive a manual, so city driving is literally a pain. I also hate how my city looks to be constructed like a plate of spaghetti, thrown on a map and having roads constructed to where the noodles landed. I don't normally get lost, but a lot of older cities will take you through too many loops and turns, and my cardinal sense gets thrown off due to skyscrapers.

So no.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont mind Chicago but was in Paris a few days ago and cant even imagine!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't drive in big cities like Chicago. I have a history of a weird driving anxiety that experiences everything completely literally, so I'm conscious of the weight and inertia of every vehicle and the sort of damage they could cause. I'm over most of my anxiety, but not in big cities. I also have to use Googlemaps with voice directions to navigate most places. Although, I think I am a good driver except not quite defensive enough. The two accidents I've had the other person was more reckless than I predicted, so I need to factor in more crazy when I drive.