• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How do you fellow NTs deal with...

Baltar

MBTI Type
INTP
Feelings of extreme hurt? Especially over something small that just makes no sense,
and I can usually let bigger things roll like the proverbial water off a duck.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
There are only a few things that would make me hurt and upset

Being dumped, especially if it was because of something I couldn't change
Being judged sexually
Rejection
Having private, personal information distributed
Seeing someone I care about mix their blood

Luminous Chinchilla

MBTI Type
INTJ
I get easily frustrated for any number of reasons, since I've always had some anger issues. What gets to me are things like being judge for things. Perfect example? I come into these forums to appease my boyfriend, who told me all the interesting things that goes on and how I can toss my two cents on things. First thing that happens is I get ragged on by some strange I don't know for not behaving as my MBTI stereotype should. I know that rationally it shouldn't bother me, but it does, and those are the kind of things that get under my skin. Strange? Probably, but it's my little flaw I suppose.

Oddly enough, I'm pretty cam and collected on the big things.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I would likely confront them, even if it's small. Done the right way, it should 1) explain the situation clearly 2) provide closure and 3) not alienate the person I'm confronting. I might feel like punching them in the mouth but that's generally not productive.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feelings of extreme hurt? Especially over something small that just makes no sense,
and I can usually let bigger things roll like the proverbial water off a duck.
I think about it and observe how trivial it is (assuming it really is). I recognize that the hurt then is entirely inside me, which means it is within my control. I review the facts of the situation to make sure I didn't overlook something or assess it incorrectly, and to see if any action is needed (usually there isn't). Then I force myself to move on. This process itself is usually enough to dispel most of the hurt. Small echoes of it might return, but I remind myself of my conclusions, and away they go.