• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How does one develop their NT?

Metis

Read stories with NT main characters and empathise with them.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I will give you typical NT reply.

How much SF are you and how much NT do you want to develope?

If I get it correctly, you want to develope N and T side.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Tricky question. How old are you, Hmm? It's probably something that develops more naturally as you get older, in the same way that S and F functions develop in older NTs.

Perhaps you could try things like logic puzzles?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I could be talking out my butt here, but I'd say, 1) try to see things from every possible angle. Obsess that you might have missed something that is perfectly obvious to others. 2) Before making any decision, try and whittle every bit of emotion and subjectivity out of it, so that you can't be accused of arguing something based on personal feelings or not having thought things through.

:nice:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is that possible? How does one go about doing that?
This question is based on this....
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/256074-post12.html

You are uniquely positioned at least, at least theoretically, as an ISFJ -- because your tertiary and inferior are Ti+Ne. So those two functions are weaker than your Si+Fe combination, but they still are things you might instinctively drop into when Si+Fe fails you.

Your Ne has probably been a little weak: When situations are ambiguous, you might get nervous or project wildly over what could happen rather than having a better sense of what the realistic probabilities are. The future might look dark if you don't have it planned out to some degree. And so on. And Ti might seem cold or indifferent to people, which you won't like either... but it also offers a way around the confusing mess it can sometimes become to deal with other people's relational expectations (Fe), by cutting to the core of what is happening.

The best way, since you probably need tangible experiences rather than theory to guide you? Make friends and spend time with ENTPs and INTPs; and instead of dismissing them if they say something that might come across as impractical or not sensitive enough to you, try to watch and listen and wait and see the benefit in it.

(Sometimes they might really be impractical or insensitive based on your standards, but sometimes their behavior will be appropriate in its own way to a situation, and you can slowly get a sense of what options they see in a situation.)

Usehername

On a mission
*be paranoid about your competency. Make sure your work reflects the fact that you are a genius who not only does the work up to satisfaction, but pretty much develops a whole new world to explore past your work, becuase you came at it from a unique angle.

*knowledge-hunger is your biggest hunger. you NEED to understand.

*stay home on friday night and watch the discovery channel (either by yourself to develop your INTx or with friends, to develop your ENTxness).

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you much to everyone for the answers. I feel like I'm wandering in the dark here so it's good to have a little guidance on this.

Read stories with NT main characters and empathise with them.

Unlike some of the others here, I haven't learned how to type people or fictional characters yet. Do you have any suggestions to start?

How much SF are you and how much NT do you want to develope?

If I get it correctly, you want to develope N and T side.

Yes, I do, but your question is a good one. I'm not really sure how much N and T I should develop. Would developing them change who I am? Hmmmm, not sure if I want that. Mostly it's just that I love being around NT's a lot but I feel like we might struggle a bit to relate to each other so I'd like to bridge that gap if I can. Plus, it just sounds like a good idea to try to be more balanced. :)

Tricky question. How old are you, Hmm?

I'm 26 and still learning a lot about the world. I think doing logic puzzles sounds like a good idea. I think I'll do that. I'm curious if those really help train your mind to think that way or are they just fun and games?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 26 and still learning a lot about the world. I think and doing logic puzzles sounds like a good idea. I think I'll just that. I'm curious if those really help train your mind to think that way or are they just fun and games?

I think one of the beauties of N-T type games is that they're both -- fun and games AND train your mind at the same time ;)

Jeximo

MBTI Type
INTP
I try to figure out the how/why in everything. Once I understand a system, my intuition easily finds new ways to build upon the system to create a more efficient and unique view of the subject.

BrandonsJung.jpg

LucrativeSid

Think. And don't be lazy with your thinking. Figure things out and explore all of the options you can think of. Learn as much as you can. Never do anything that doesn't make sense. Make logic and efficiency among your top priorities. See the big picture. Analyze everything. Start hating weakness and incompetence. Solve problems. Build things. Debate. And think like a genius on crack.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
-Brainstorm a lot getting all your ideas out, then build on each of those ideas and keep going and going and do not focus on categorizing or putting them in order.

-Consistently Think of reasons of why things shouldn't work, be possible, or what is incongruent in situations.

-Read material over your head, because it forces you to make sense of it using information that is not directly related to the subject at hand.

-basically disorder is key because in my opinion if you go into a situation by setting strong boundaries in terms of topic, time, or number of materials in terms of research it already confines your ability to make "connections".

>_<

MBTI Type
INTP
That's quite an indomitable task for an SJ. Maybe you should just focus on the T in ways that don't conflict too much with your preferences. Like picking up some non-fiction or doing puzzles.

I tend to agree. It'd be enough to just try to learn about something.

Read books.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
-Brainstorm a lot getting all your ideas out, then build on each of those ideas and keep going and going and do not focus on categorizing or putting them in order.

-Consistently Think of reasons of why things shouldn't work, be possible, or what is incongruent in situations.

-Read material over your head, because it forces you to make sense of it using information that is not directly related to the subject at hand.

-basically disorder is key because in my opinion if you go into a situation by setting strong boundaries in terms of topic, time, or number of materials in terms of research it already confines your ability to make "connections".

That's how to be an INTP.

However, because she's an ISFJ, she does have Ti Ne as opposed to Ni Te, so that may work.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lots of good suggestions. Thank you!

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Live with one! :D

I have to "make a case" to my very-NT husband to persuade him or to make my point in an argument. (Or he doesn't respect me, if I'm up the creek, I pull out all my NF-artillery!)

You could play devil's advocate to all their ideas.

It works!

**most importantly, value the way an NT thinks, but I think you already do, as you're asking the question.

Last edited:

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
To summarise NT in one word. Analyse. Think why the world is the way it is. Come up with ideas about people, place, things etc. and test them. Observation is a extremely powerful tool, just sit back and observe for a while and you'll be amazed at the levels of new insights that you'll get.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
You might enjoy doing type role-playing as an exercise. I often do this in a seemingly random pattern based on what I'm interested in at the moment. You might prefer to define it as a specific exercise with a specific time period. Focus on each of your least developed cognitive functions for a day, such as:

Monday: introverted thinking
Tuesday: extraverted thinking
Wednesday: introverted intuition
Thursday: extraverted intuition
Friday: Relax and be your normal self. By now, your friends are wondering if you have multiple personality disorder or something! :)

At the beginning of each day, read about that function and what it involves, and focus on that in each situation that comes up throughout the day in all aspects of life: work, home, financial, social, and others. You could do this for more than a day, but I'd get bored with focusing on only one function for that long.

You'll find that just by considering this exercise, you've engaged your other cognitive functions. Sneaky. :)

You could even get really crazy and expand this into pretending to be some type such as an INTP or ENTJ for a day. Just don't be afraid to bail out and go back to being a ISFJ if you start to scare yourself. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good ideas, Javo. :)