• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Taste in Comedy

Didums

I've always found myself more drawn towards Comedians that were also NTs. George Carlin, Steven Wright, Mitch Hedberg, Lewis Black (sometimes he's good), etc. They seem just miles ahead of non-NTs in Humor to me, and heres the thing, Non-NTs don't like them! Atleast from my experience they don't, every time I recite a Steven Wright joke (with perfect timing of course, not just randomly) around my ST friends I get blank stares and then I have to proceed to butcher the joke by explaining it, then all I get is "Ohhhhh.." and no laughter :(.

I also find myself hating on non-NT comedians, they're not funny! People like Chris Rock and Dane Cook just aren't funny to me (they're STs right?), Dane Cook annoys the hell out of me actually. I need comedy that is clever and makes me think alot, and I find myself only getting that from NTs.

Your thoughts?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
To be fair, I don't think Dane Cook is funny to anyone. I personally enjoy the comedy styles of both George Carlin and Lewis Black, and I am also not a fan of Chris Rock. But who else is a non-NT comedian? Actually, who else is an NT comedian?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
To be fair, I don't think Dane Cook is funny to anyone.
Ahahahahahahhaha!!!

:yes:

George Carlin, Mitch Hedberg, David Cross, Kat Williams, Wanda Sykes, Dave Chapelle, Louis C.K., those are some comics that I love.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Stephen Colbert is one that I like. ^^I find Kat Williams to be funny sometimes, though not always because of what he is saying, but more just from his general demeanor.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like all the comics you mentioned with the exception of George Carlin, especially Mitch Hedberg and Lewis Black. I also like Chris Rock, but not Dane Cook. I think Chris Rock is going to come after you for lumping him in with Cook :)

If these are NT comedians, I'm on board. I also like Robert Schimmel and Dennis Miller (really) and they're probably both NTs.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Eric Idle, John Cleese, Lily Tomlin, John Lithgow.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
He's totally an ENFP (Richard Jeni).

And David Cross, you guys fans?

He's an NT, I think.

Didums

I'd agree with NF on that guy, I don't know who he is but I was reading the comments on YT, its a shame he died :(

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'd agree with NF on that guy, I don't know who he is but I was reading the comments on YT, its a shame he died :(
Hedberg's dead too, but Jeni went out in an awful way.

*shudders*

Didums

I think Chris Rock is going to come after you for lumping him in with Cook

I didn't necessarily Lump him together with Dane Cook, I just said that he's an ST comedian, do you guys agree that he's an ST comedian? Some of his stuff is pretty good, just leagues behind Steven Wright, and if you saw Comedy Central's "Night of Too Many Stars" you'll see how when an S does an N's jokes and a N does an S's jokes it just doesn't work out.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I actually saw Chris Rock perform, and he's okay, he's a great performer, and kind of funny, but he's not exactly my cup of comedic tea.

Didums

I actually saw Chris Rock perform, and he's okay, he's a great performer, and kind of funny, but he's not exactly my cup of comedic tea.

Ya, the problem is that he lacks consistency and sometimes seems a bit contrived.