• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How common are INTP 9s?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Something's wrong with INFJ's being predominantly 4's... IxxJs have a too strong superego... It should be related to enneagram 1 or another one that's related to superego...

Enneagram 1 - Ni or Si

Enneagram 2 - Fe

Enneagram 3 - Fi or Fe?

Enneagram 4 - Fi

Enneagram 5 - Te or Ti?

Enneagram 6 - Fe or Te?

Enneagram 7 - Se or Ne (id)

Enneagram 8 - Se or Te

Enneagram 9 - Si?

There seems to be a gradual transition between the functions... couldn't exactly pinpoint it... For instance in, 2-3-4 there seems to be a transition from Fe to Fi... In 4-5-6 there seems to be a transition from Fi to Ti to Te?

So it appears Ni-Fe and Si-Fe i.e. IxFJ would require 1w2... so does that mean 1w9 more suited to IxTJ....?

Fi-Se i.e. IxFP would require 3w4 or 4w3 and a 7w8 7w6 or 7w8...

Ti-Ne would require 5w6?

Anyway, I can see IxFPs being crowded around 3 and 4 and IxTPs around 5..

I would expect IxxJs to be concentrated around 1 2 and 9 though...

Ne and Se doms (and perhaps Te-doms) concentrated around 7 and 8 seems to be normal...

I would expect 7 and 8 main types to be of the sx variant... and Ne and Se-aux types i.e. 3 and 4 to be sp/sx variant...

Yes, your personal conjecture should override >10,000 data points

:fpalm:

yeghor

Yes, your personal conjecture should override >10,000 data points

:fpalm:

How many of them are accurate do you think...? What's the degree of confidence?

I missed that this puts you in a conflict of interest though...

My conclusion hinges on the assumption that IxxJs are superego dominant types who berate themselves for even small mistakes particularly till their late 20s...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not to say either of you are wrong, but how we know the original findings are accurate?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
How many of them are accurate do you think...? What's the degree of confidence?

I missed that this puts you in a conflict of interest though...

My conclusion hinges on the assumption that IxxJs are superego dominant types who berate themselves for even small mistakes particularly till their late 20s...

See below.

How does this put me in a conflict of interest?

I am about as superego as it gets.

(Ok, not entirely true, a 162 tritype is as superego as it gets)

(But my core type, 6SS is as superego as it gets.)

Not to say either of you are wrong, but how we know the original findings are accurate?

Honestly, I fucking hate you people.

(Just kidding, I don't hate you.)

Why should we simply presume that they're inaccurate?

Why not presume that with >10,000 data points, it's at least SOME kind of evidence (albeit perhaps not perfect).

PERHAPS we should take note that the results look EXTREMELY SIMILAR to what Blackcat (one of the most knowledgable people about the Enneagram here) conjectured before I even put them together

Or, perhaps I should just stop wasting my fucking time explaining the fucking obvious to people who use Ti.

(No, really, I don't)

(Ok, I kinda do)

yeghor

See below.

Why not presume that with >10,000 data points, it's at least SOME kind of evidence (albeit perhaps not perfect).

PERHAPS we should take note that the results look EXTREMELY SIMILAR to what Blackcat (one of the most knowledgable people about the Enneagram here) conjectured before I even put them together

Or, perhaps I should just stop wasting my fucking time explaining the fucking obvious to people who use Ti.

(No, really, I don't)

(Ok, I kinda do)

Check IxxJ concentration on black cat's diagram...

10000 data gives us a trend about how people type themselves not their true type...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See below.

(No, really, I don't)

(Ok, I kinda do)

I'm not presuming it's wrong. I commend you for taking the time and energy to collect the data. I just wouldn't be 100% certain of its accuracy, not to say that you are 100% certain..

At the same time, yeghor does make some broad guesses/assumptions with zero evidence to back it up. But that doesn't mean he is wrong either.

also, this is a good point that should be considered with your data, a very large grain of salt, if you will:

10000 data gives us a trend about how people type themselves not their true type...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Check IxxJ concentration on black cat's diagram...

I don't even want to ask (nor start down this path with you)...

If you think the mistypes are so bad as to skew the data so badly as your original response implies, then you're smoking something.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't even want to ask (nor start down this path with you)...

If you think the mistypes are so bad as to skew the data so badly as your original response implies, then you're smoking something.

It may not be enough to skew the data A LOT, but it is a point that should still be considered and mentioned when presenting such statistics.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'm not presuming it's wrong. I commend you for taking the time and energy to collect the data. I just wouldn't be 100% certain of its accuracy, not to say that you are 100% certain..

At the same time, yeghor does make some broad guesses/assumptions with zero evidence to back it up. But that doesn't mean he is wrong either.

also, this is a good point that should be considered with your data, a very large grain of salt, if you will:

Yes, I already take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt.

Having to explain that over and over again is annoying and bothersome

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It may not be enough to skew the data A LOT, but it is a point that should still be considered and mentioned when presenting such statistics.

Well then check out the original post where I presented it where I'm sure I do just that

(I'm sorry, honestly, I have nothing against you, but it's fucking obnoxious to have to deal with your peoples' inanity on shit like this)

(As another NTJ wrote to me via rep recently, after I wrote out a long ass post to finally facilitate constructive dialogue with a Ti dom: "OMG, how did you write all that out? Don't get me wrong, it was great. But I would have no patience to do so. It's so fucking obvious! Why don't they already see that?!")

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Depends on if INTP is over in the INTP forum there converting any mistypes back to E5! Already over 50%... :biggrin:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well then check out the original post where I presented it where I'm sure I do just that

(Scratching my head because You assume I'm a Ti dom...)

Yes, you do in the original post, yet later you defend the data as if it's solid, indestructible proof. Sorry, I know we pretty much laid this to rest, but I can't help myself. Now I shall look for a trap door to make my discreet exit.

yeghor

My main focus was on enneagram 4 and INFJ typing... it doesn't make sense... I didn't intend to make this about you... or to falsify youe chart.. but to propose a way to correlate enneagram type with mbti and functions... we can discuss that instead if you will...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My main focus was on enneagram 4 and INFJ typing... it doesn't make sense... I didn't intend to make this about you... or to falsify youe chart.. but to propose a way to correlate enneagram type with mbti and functions... we can discuss that instead if you will...

What about INFJ/4 correlation does not make sense?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
(Scratching my head because You assume I'm a Ti dom...)

Unless I'm confusing you for someone else, I thought you have been typing yourself as IxTP and ISTP lately.

Yes, you do in the original post, yet later you defend the data as if it's solid, indestructible proof.

No, actually, I don't.

Sorry, I know we pretty much laid this to rest, but I can't help myself. Now I shall look for a trap door to make my discreet exit.

Yes, please do

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Well, I fundamentally disagree with your opinion about INFJs and enneagram 4s, and I am pretty much certain that your reasoning will be nothing but circular, and I really don't have much interest in engaging in your usual circular-reasoning, tale-chasing circus, so, feel free to say whatever you want about it, but I will likely disagree, find your assumptions absolutely baseless, and likely grounded in some flawed personal notion you falsely believe to be true, and not be interested in wasting my time exploring the reasons for your inaccurate thinking with you.