• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] In-The-Head conversations

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
For the longest time I found that I was essentially 'having conversations' with people that I knew, trying to figure out what their response would be to something I asked them... all in my head.

I would run through all of the different possible reactions, (sometimes getting myself so worked up by their responses that I would literally feel sad, angry, etc) and then decide which one they were most likely to give me... AND THEN NEVER ASK THEM THE QUESTION! I would move forward as if we had the conversation :shock:

Crazy-Delusional, or INTJ-ish?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dunno about INTJ-ish,but Definitely seems IN-ish. Meanwhile we IS types go through all the possible things we SHOULD have said in a past conversation. ;)

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I do this too. Sometimes I'm thinking about something I'm actually going to say, to figure out what will be the best way to put it, but mostly I just create random scenarios in my head and try different ways of saying things just to see the reaction and where it leads.

I also debate with myself in my head. It can get very intense, since I contradict myself over and over again, until I'm yelling (in my head, not actually yelling ;)).

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I do it all the time, usually with people I haven't seen for a long time. Two people in particular though.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, sounds familiar. The trick is to make sure you sort reality versus fantasy, which I seem to keep together pretty well when it comes to anything factually said, but don't sort very well when it comes to knowing someone's mood or emotions regarding something--I may have a conversation in my head with someone I know that may elicit an emotionally heated response (in my head), and the next day/week/whatever when I see them for real have this preconceived notion that they feel that way. That's a little more tricky to sort out.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm, I do this all the time, too, and I am definitely not I-N

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I do this too. Last night I debated with Bill O'Reily :rofl1:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I actually have entire debates in my head and by doing that I want to predict all the possible outcomes and arguments.
I am doing that so that I could storm the other person in the real world.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
"Storm" them? What and why is that?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
What do you get out of total domination of your conversation partner?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I do this too. :blush:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Guilty. It actually helps sometimes in reality, though, it's as if it's ingrained in the unconscious and just pops out when the stimuli are present.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:yes: It's where I come up with all my best comebacks. And most awful puns.

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
I constantly create conversations in my head and possible situations that could play out, not just with real people, but also with imaginary people that I might meet in the future. I love it, it's a great introspection tool and has helped me learn a lot about myself.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
yea I do it all the time. I day dream all the time when im in class , or out with friends and thats usually what i'm thinking about. Sometimes though i'll have dreams sort of like that and not remember if those conversations actually occurred in reality or not.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dang, now I feel left out of y'alls wonderful fantasy conversation world. :(

;)

I mean, I used to practice in my head what I was gonna say when I made phone calls, because I used to get really nervous when I was, but I didn't do THEIR side of the conversation! :laugh:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Gedankenexperiment. Einstein did it. We do it. Therefore, we are brilliant.