• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Do you HATE Guessing Games?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Even as a child, I despised when someone (my little sisters, friends, etc) would say 'Guess what color I'm thinking of' or 'Guess how many fingers I'm holding up behind my back'. I would get almost immediately angry and never knew why until I got older and started studying my personality type.

I suppose that it must be the INTJ influence that makes me feel like its an insult to anyone's intelligence to simply make un-reasoned, arbitrary guesses at something... and it makes me ANGRY! I very rarely feel anger at all, but for some reason those words kick me off on an instant irritation.

As a parent, my daughter of 8 loves to play these games with me and I have to constantly remind myself to be nice and not yell, as I did when I was younger, "This game is stupid!" :shock: I calmly take a deep breath and play along until I can't take it anymore and I try to change the subject. Things like 'I Spy' drive me crazy.

Do any other INTJs, or maybe NT's in general, have this problem or am I just nuts?

:cry:

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I spy isn't a guessing game really.

but yeah, my standard response to "guess what I have in my hand" was "Ugh, just show me it or go away!"

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Or "Guess what I got you!"

Hand over the goods or die in a fire.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't mind if it is something that has hints or clues. I used to enjoy guessing what was in Christmas presents, but I had lots of clues to analyze. How big was it? How heavy? Soft or hard? Did it make noise? Did it correspond to any standard shape, such as a book shaped package? Does the evidence match with anything I requested this year?

But random guessing, with no clues? What is the point? I find that irritating.

Ilah

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't mind if it is something that has hints or clues. I used to enjoy guessing what was in Christmas presents, but I had lots of clues to analyze. How big was it? How heavy? Soft or hard? Did it make noise? Did it correspond to any standard shape, such as a book shaped package? Does the evidence match with anything I requested this year?

Ilah

Yeah, exactly.

I do enjoy trying to figure things out with limited evidence, that's why "I spy" is actually pretty fun IMO.

I love 21 questions.

Jughead

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't HATE guessing games, I'm indifferent to them. Like others have said, they can be fun if there are clues, but I give up on arbitrary guessing pretty quickly.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I have the habit of having people play guessing games. It is bad, I know, but at least I give nifty clues.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Word.

If it's a mystery I can unpuzzle using ingenuity or wit, sure, that's fun. (If I have the time.)

If it's just random guessing and luck, well... guess which finger I'm holding up?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, an ESTP friend of mine used to play the "Guess who you like..." game with me back in ~4th-9th grade. I used to hate that. It's a shame I didn't know about "your mom" jokes back then because that would've totally worked.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
The best retort "Guess where my fist is going unless you tell me right now..."

I too hated those games though it was not because it was illogical or an insult to anyone... it was the potential for being picked on if I could not guess right or guessed something they thought was weird. I mean, the whole thing of "guess what's in my hand".. they quite often have their hands concealed around their backs whilst facing you... so why is "your ass" a stupid answer? :huh:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I'm given no clues it ticks me off to no end. The problem is it's always girls who do that to me so knuckle sandwich tends to be an inappropriate response to 3x "Nope, guess again!".

MBTI Type
ENTP
I hate those games too and I usually use my guesses against them.

mother: "hey, guess how much I paid for this....." (thinks she got a really good deal and wants me to guess high)
me: "2 cents"

I'm evil.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
When I'm given no clues it ticks me off to no end. The problem is it's always girls who do that to me so knuckle sandwich tends to be an inappropriate response to 3x "Nope, guess again!".
Just guess things which either makes them blush or cuts close to their vunerabilities... the former works well if their pretty..the second if they ain't..

;)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I was going to say "guess", but by now that'd be kind of lame.

Most of the time, I get majorly irritated by them. Especially if power politics are involved. I like them when they are challenging and actually can be "guessed".

Hang

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah I must agree that that gets old and irritating. Especially the mild teasing when I didn't get it right. Same thing with "hard-to-get.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Word.

If it's a mystery I can unpuzzle using ingenuity or wit, sure, that's fun. (If I have the time.)

If it's just random guessing and luck, well... guess which finger I'm holding up?

:party2: Thats what I'm talkin about LOL

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Yay for digging random posts out of the woodwork that were long thought to be dead!

My methodology? Pick a random number (in this case #41) and go to that page, then scan it for anything interesting!

In this case, we have... random games. Because they suck. Seriously whot's the point of a game where yeu have absolutely no skill involved? Yay it's great if... yeu know... yeu have absolutely no skill I guess, and just kind of suck at everything yeu do, and want an even playing field against people who have far more talent, skill, practice and dedication... otherwise there's really no purpose in it.

These have bothered me for awhile as well, just totally 'skill-less' games in generla, not just random ones.

Furthermore, there are extensions... trivia games also irk me. They're not about skill or ability that can be taught as such, it's just random junk to know, and not even useful stuff either, usually trivia is just that... trivial, nothing of importance that even if yeu knew it at one time yeu probably forgot because it wasn't worth remembering.

Or better yet... crossword puzzles. Trivia, with just enough vague wannabe skill as to try to imply that it's not a trivia game when it still is. Sudoku's are definately a major improovement... same concept as a crossword, but minus the trivia, yeu already know everything that has to go into the slots, there's no previous-information required to be known. And yeu don't have to be able to spell well, which's always a bonus for me >.>;;

But seriously, why do people make these horrid games in the first place that can't even realistically be called GAMES, since games require interaction...?

And thus concludes tonight's edition of digging random posts out of the woodwork that were long thought to be dead!