• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTp & ESTp questions???

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
^ too much work. She wants to date him, not be his therapist.
sigh. People and their baggage.

Arilee

MBTI Type
ESTP
As another (female) ESTP involved with an INTP....

I can relate to the comments made by Lowend about needing to ask him the right questions - "What's up?" almost never gets a sensible response... I try to identify the problem "Was your boss being a *&%^ again today?" usually acts as a starting point and from there we can work out what's up....

From what you have described, it does sound like he's interested in more than friendship. If he's been hurt in the past he may be holding back. My INTP tends to bury his emotions - they are very rarely anywhere near the surface - that's not to say they don't exist which can be the impression to those that don't know him very well.

I have found that we do talk at cross purposes at times and occaisionally neither of us make the slightest bit of sense to the other - that's him being strong "N" and me being strong "S" generally though.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP-INTP relations are that of supervision where INTP is the supervisee in this couple (description of these relations). In descriptions of this relationship type it says that supervisee can feel awkward and childish about approaching the supervisor with own problems or talking about his or her feelings.