• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why do INTJs spare INFPs their wrath?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs are generally much more analytical and even more intellectual than people give them credit for, they are perfect for providing intellectual stimulation and their usually soft exterior/tough interior dynamic makes them very appealing to people who can see behind the curtain and appreciate their valuable knowledge and altruistic ideas/beliefs. Of course that's just a generalization, people and situations vary.

:wubbie:

To me, INFP are weak willed, and it irritates are core aversion I have.. INFP are mostly not willing to compromise in a discussion about certain topics relating to empathy. No matter what logical arguments, its against the grain of their nature, and forces them to confront uncomfortable reality. I don't avoid them, I just know it's a lost cause most of the time to debate them. I do sometimes try to explain logical things with emotional analogies that is sometimes sucessful.

What ignorant tripe. It’s obvious you’ve had very few dealings with INFPs. Either that or you’ve failed to look at them with any real depth of thought. Perhaps you should widen your perception and stop propagating stereotypes.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What ignorant tripe. It’s obvious you’ve had very few dealings with INFPs. Either that or you’ve failed to look at them with any real depth of thought. Perhaps you should widen your perception and stop propagating stereotypes.

What struck me as contradictory was calling INFPs weak-willed, but then commenting that they are unwilling to compromise in matters related to their values. That seems like the opposite of weak-willed.

What struck me as contradictory was calling INFPs weak-willed, but then commenting that they are unwilling to compromise in matters related to their values. That seems like the opposite of weak-willed.

A lot of this bull is perpetuated by the personality profiles that have taken a particular ‘flavor’ of INFP and generalized that every INFP is an emotional basket case that’s fueled by irrational thoughts. A happy little hippie that is better suited weaving baskets in an institution than dealing with the real world like big boys and girls.

And yes I think we can be incredibly strong willed, especially in the face of something that challenges our beliefs. That will isn’t pulled from some fairy realm, it’s always present. It just isn’t commonly thrust into others faces because we tend to be individualists and so we don’t like to impose our will on others simply because we can or feel we have a right to.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And yes I think we can be incredibly strong willed, especially in the face of something that challenges our beliefs. That will isn’t pulled from some fairy realm, it’s always present. It just isn’t commonly thrust into others faces because we tend to be individualists and so we don’t like to impose our will on others simply because we can or feel we have a right to.

Oh no, they were right. I am an INFP.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Don't have to be so hostile. I haven't had much interaction with people. I am relatively anti-social to begin with. The internet is were i've gotten most of my contact with INFP.

What I meant about not strong willed [MENTION=35569]notmyapples[/MENTION] is INFP's incapacity to contain themselves and be calm in a discussion without getting heated in a topic of their beliefs. They cannot take critisism without getting upset/taking it personally. Which Population did exactly.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What I meant about not strong willed [MENTION=35569]notmyapples[/MENTION] is INFP's incapacity to contain themselves and be calm in a discussion without getting heated in a topic of their beliefs. They cannot take critisism without getting upset/taking it personally. Which Population did exactly.

It's unfortunate that those have been your interactions with INFPs thus far, it can definitely be a flaw of Fi to take things personally and be sensitive, but I don't think it's accurate to make the generalization that INFPs are weak-willed due to this weakness that is common but not always present, especially in mature INFPs. Healthy INFPs know when to access their logic in support of their Fi values, a quality that makes them incredibly strong-willed when defending what they believe in.

I don't think you can fault Population or any other INFPs for taking such a generalization personally, calling a type weak-willed is a personal insult and it's vague connotations are enough to invoke multiple different kinds of reactions. Maybe it wasn't meant to be taken that way, but I'm sure anyone would feel insulted if they were painted with the same brush of the more unhealthy members of their type. I don't think it's especially sensitive for INFPs to take offense to this characterization.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's unfortunate that those have been your interactions with INFPs thus far, it can definitely be a flaw of Fi to take things personally and be sensitive, but I don't think it's accurate to make the generalization that INFPs are weak-willed due to this weakness that is common but not always present, especially in mature INFPs. Healthy INFPs know when to access their logic in support of their Fi values, a quality that makes them incredibly strong-willed when defending what they believe in.

I don't think you can fault Population or any other INFPs for taking such a generalization personally, calling a type weak-willed is a personal insult and it's vague connotations are enough to invoke multiple different reactions. Maybe it wasn't meant to be, but I'm sure anyone would feel insulted if they were painted with the same brush of the more unhealthy members of their type. I don't think it's especially sensitive for INFPs to take offense to this characterization.

I don't intend to generalize, its just how it comes out that way. I know I am really insensative like that, but I have tried and failed to amend that in a meaningful fashion. Like, I don't get why I have to say it's not a general statement, nothing should be assumed to be a general statement. Of course their are exceptions to every rule etc. You are right, I shouldn't blame [MENTION=33707]Population: 1[/MENTION] for my mistake. Apologies.

Also, its not like I am thinking of type (and taking notice of type) when I interact with people. I think that is just silly. Most of this is in hindsight. A lot of people in Discord are INFP, and we have a love hate relationship most of the time because of this too.

I don't intend to generalize, its just how it comes out that way. I know I am really insensative like that, but I have tried and failed to amend that in a meaningful fashion. Like, I don't get why I have to say it's not a general statement, nothing should be assumed to be a general statement. Of course their are exceptions to every rule etc. You are right, I shouldn't blame [MENTION=33707]Population: 1[/MENTION] for my mistake. Apologies.

Also, its not like I am thinking of type (and taking notice of type) when I interact with people. I think that is just silly. Most of this is in hindsight. A lot of people in Discord are INFP, and we have a love hate relationship most of the time because of this too.
To say INFPs are weak willed cannot be taken as anything but a generalization. It’s the same as saying all INTJs are arrogant. Neither declaration reflects reality.

I do appreciate the apology however. Apologizing can be difficult and not everyone will offer one. Especially online. Thank you.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
We might be the ones doing the guiding and protecting most of the time, but there is no denying that when NTJs are not feeling well, NFPs' always fiercely deliver a blow to whatever they perceive as a threat to NTJs' recovery leaving both the threat in utter fear and the NTJ enamored with their conviction.