• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ is a nutshell

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't see how helping girls to display their looks better is immature.

People are always so free with their advise for me to "treat people nicer" I just want them to treat my eyes nicer.

that was a joke.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What kind of nut do ENTJs house?

Me
the other psych wards weren't competent enough
EDIT:
plus there was this girl that made a black joke saying " tell your friends to stop hitting on me "
i shrugged it off for a time, until i quipped
*rubbing the eyes*
" something is hurting my eyes, and its your face "
yeah
it was in the middle of class
I kinda do that
Go INFJ's

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Being told I'm controlling for challenging those I care about.

Apart from that I can't really think of anything.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Being told I'm controlling for challenging those I care about.

Translation: I suffer from such a severe case of HUAS (head up ass syndrome) that I have an impossible time seeing anything from any perspective other than my own.

Just yanking your chain bro, I totally see where you are coming from with this, and I am pretty sure you are intuitive enough to see where you kinda did surgery with a rusted scalpel. Sure your intentions were pure, but the method, she lacks, how you say in your contree, the finesse.

Anyway, for some reason reminded me of the "Home Burial" by Robert Frost.

So in light of all your troubles, I am going to give you a sample from a movie that can change your life, and show you the secrets to controlling the female animal.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Give him a break. Murkrow simply has a wish to deal with people in a very forth-right manner. Its his prerogative as a T, as that of yours to deal with them in a gentle manner.

We Ts value clarity and directness more than sensitivity of approach, so we sacrifice the latter in favor of the former.

You have it the other way around. He means no offense with his candor, those who read it otherwise simply misunderstand. It is a problem with them, not him.

In my opinion candor is a very important quality in relationships. More important than ostensible sensitivity. If we want true harmony in our relationships, it is important to point out what is not working, as clearly and directly as possible, so we be in the position to fix them accordingly. This will lead to greater harmony because that will purge the relationship of many defects it has been plagued with hitherto.

That MSN conversation wasnt a case of a major problem to be solved in a relationship, but rather a basic example of T commentary that is to be read impersonally, rather than personally. Those who read it from a personal angle simply misunderstand. Because of this, it is a mistake to attribute unbenign motives the Thinker('jerk', 'insensitive' ..E.G 'ENTJs get 'BETTER' as they grow older'), and closer to home, this Thinker in particular.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Give him a break.

It was never my intention to give him a hard time, I was merely joking around but I should have been more clear about that. I totally understand where he is coming from, and I know he was not trying to be offensive.

We Ts value clarity and directness more than sensitivity of approach, so we sacrifice the latter in favor of the former.

The problem with life, is that everything comes in pairs, you can not choose to accept darkness and reject light, so on and so forth. To be a more harmonious society, we must learn how to accomodate all the different types of people and deal with them in a way they wish to be dealt with.

In my opinion candor is a very important quality in relationships.

Is it impossible for a person to be honest and straightforward, while being very tactful in the delivery at the same time?

That MSN conversation wasnt a case of a major problem to be solved in a relationship, but rather a basic example of T commentary that is to be read impersonally, rather than personally. Those who read it from a personal angle simply misunderstand. Because of this, it is a mistake to attribute unbenign motives the Thinker('jerk', 'insensitive' ..E.G 'ENTJs get 'BETTER' as they grow older'), and closer to home, this Thinker in particular.

Agreed, I personally saw it as just a nice clear cut example of different styles of communication. My responses and those of others might have seemed harsh, but personally it was only in jest and never meant to deliver it with any hint of malicious intentions.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is it impossible for a person to be honest and straightforward, while being very tactful in the delivery at the same time?.

Possible, but very difficult. Because in order to be candid, you need to say things people will not want to hear. It is okay to say them in as gentle of a fashion as possible, you are still candid at that point. However, it is not acceptable (from the standpoint of candor-centered thinking), to change the content of your message in order to avoid displeasing the recipient.

In my opinion, (as I have argued how candor conduces to greater harmony), being forthright is more important than momentary sensitivity. The end to sensitive behavior is establishing long-term harmony. This is not possible if the relationship contains defects which are ignored (because we keep on editing out the part of our message that cites such defects, in order to avoid hurting feelings).

In some cases it is acceptable to have a defective relationship (E.G, acquaintances, work related, and in certain cases of friendships), where you would be able to allow the defects to remain. In those cases you can forego the directness and just be 'sensitive'. As given how insignificant that association tends to be, it probably isn't worth the trouble fixing the relationship. As to be clearly noted, you can get all you'd want from the relationship whilst having it defective. A perfect example of this would be an acquaintance or a co-worker, with whom you do not require a high-level of harmony.

But again, bottom line: if you want your relationships to work on a profound level (which many NFs do), you must put candor ahead of momentary sensitivity. Failure to do so, in my opinion is the main reason why many Fs are dissatisfied with their intimate relationships.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Erm, it's not arbitrary to assign knowledge of intended meaning to the person who spoke.

That's the point. You're assigning your interpretation of intent on someone else, which you are clearly quite poor at. You seem to to have no concept of how to view anyone else's perspective, or at least allowing their opinions to be valid regardless of whether or not you agree with them. I don't know who died and made you Pope, but unless you can find a way to apply purely mathematical laws of correct and incorrect to social interactions, then you're just going to have to deal with the fact that a vast majority of the things going on in the world are colored in shades of gray, not black and white.

I don't see how helping girls to display their looks better is immature.

And why are you an expert? You go to design school? Somehow I doubt it.

Consider that the most famous designers are men who treat women like they're gorgeous in their many forms, not objects with flaws on them that need to be corrected tuit suite. You find women's flaws irritating because you have to look at them , not because you're trying to be edifying.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I don't know who died and made you Pope, but unless you can find a way to apply purely mathematical laws of correct and incorrect to social interactions, then you're just going to have to deal with the fact that a vast majority of the things going on in the world are colored in shades of gray, not black and white.

I do not know whats going on, but I bet if you spent enough time to build a formula, you can even catch the grey and white scales. Or was your post more directed towards free will vs causality ? :)

Murkow had a post there, with a hot girl. He obviously did do something wrong. Well now we can go thinking about how he did it wrong or we can think about how to get that hot girl's ass laid xD.

I mean, who is the man !!!!!!!??????? *cough*:smoke:

Sling

MBTI Type
N358
Murkrow, there is a time and a place for speaking objectively. And you don't do it to a female friend about her genetic appearances if you want to keep her as a friend. I think you severely miscalculated the balance of a point being proven and the worth of that point being proven.

On the social side of the matter, this might bring her closer. Especially to an ENTJ guy. I've seen them in action with women. It's almost like a push-pull effect. Push her 2 paces out, pull her in 4 when you have her off guard and vulnerable with witty humour and/or domineering charm.

On the rational side, yes, the critique was wasted.

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ what females(type) has this worked on?!?!?! O_O

I would loath a man like that, but that's just me...

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
On the social side of the matter, this might bring her closer. Especially to an ENTJ guy. I've seen them in action with women. It's almost like a push-pull effect. Push her 2 paces out, pull her in 4 when you have her off guard and vulnerable with witty humour and/or domineering charm.

On the rational side, yes, the critique was wasted.

Ive seen this in action with the only ENTJ male I know (who happens to be really unhealthy). For some reason this works for him on all the hottest but also sweetest girls around. WHY

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ I've seen it happen too, it blows my mind away... One of my best-friends for once. It pisses the hell out of me... ><

They don't see what is wrong with a man behaving that way.

You're also right , I noticed that it's usually " unhealthy" ENTJ's that attempt this.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
this has nothing to do with entj... its just pure poor social skills.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I thought the title made no sense... until I glanced at the OP.

Abra, screw you for making such a crappy thread!
:spam_laser: