• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ is a nutshell

F

figsfiggyfigs

we're not crazy......or mean... maybe a little controlling.. but not crazy!!!

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ I've seen it happen too, it blows my mind away... One of my best-friends for once. It pisses the hell out of me... ><

They don't see what is wrong with a man behaving that way.

You're also right , I noticed that it's usually " unhealthy" ENTJ's that attempt this.

It really is annoying. And I wouldn't assign that to type, I would assign that to just jerks in general. Maybe people stick ENTJ's with it more because perhaps it might stand out vs an introvert using more passive forms of subterfuge. But it's all the same game.

we're not crazy......or mean... maybe a little controlling.. but not crazy!!!

:girlfight: :hug:

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ yes, but it does seem that they carry a lot of " attributes" usually associated with being an ENTJ... :ninja:...

ps. I like that last part. :girlfight: always makes me giggle :laugh:

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
haha old school.

As much as I've changed in the last 2 years I still stand by this thread.

The terrible reception doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I mean yes there could have been a more perfect example, but I made do with what I had in the moment.
I wouldn't have been able to provide a perfect example verbatim otherwise because most of the time these sort of things happen in person and not in a copy-paste environment.

I felt when I posted it as I feel now that I was showing you a point of weakness, and demonstrated a shortcoming which is characteristic of ENTJs.

What's that weakness specifically? Feeling over-comfortable with people and expecting them to take your good intentions as given.

While the female ENTJs may have little experience of this, I'm sure many of the males will agree with me.

T

ThatGirl

haha old school.

I mean yes there could have been a more perfect example, but I made do with what I had in the moment.
I wouldn't have been able to provide a perfect example verbatim otherwise because most of the time these sort of things happen in person and not in a copy-paste environment.

I felt when I posted it as I feel now that I was showing you a point of weakness, and demonstrated a shortcoming which is characteristic of ENTJs.

What's that weakness specifically? Feeling over-comfortable with people and expecting them to take your good intentions as given.

While the female ENTJs may have little experience of this, I'm sure many of the males will agree with me.

I do not think females have different experiences. In the op she took it as a criticism, while you thought you were offering a suggestion for improvement.

Smrter people understand that not ALL people are in a place to want to improve some things, and learn to chose their battles.

I will not offer suggestions anymore unless so prompted, that means people are listening to what you have to say. Otherwise it is lose/lose.

F

figsfiggyfigs

haha old school.

No dude, I have the same experience as you. lucky when I did what you did, I was speaking to a fellow INTJ, who completely understood that I was not criticizing, but rather, giving my honest opinion of what was before me.

I've learned at a young age how to be tactful, and even when I do put my own foot in my mouth and say something I should've thought through, I've developed a talent of veiling it , as quickly after I've said it, as possible, to soften the blow to the best probability allowed for me to access.

:doh:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If she doesnt think she needs to improve something and you are trying to convince her that she does, then you are just being annoying

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
USA really annoyed the fuck out of Saddam.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTJ in a nutshell:

entjnutshell.jpg

The end.

:)

F

figsfiggyfigs

If she doesnt think she needs to improve something and you are trying to convince her that she does, then you are just being annoying

Being aware of your flaws is not always a bad thing. Sometimes it's rather productive, and self-improving. : )

depends if the person takes it objectively or personally.

ENTJ in a nutshell:

entjnutshell.jpg

The end.

:)

... I like that picture... :ninja:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Murkrow, there is a time and a place for speaking objectively. And you don't do it to a female friend about her genetic appearances if you want to keep her as a friend. I think you severely miscalculated the balance of a point being proven and the worth of that point being proven.
So that's why I never get objective critics about my appearance (or my novels). I wish I had an ENTJ friend :cry: (though I've trained my ESTJ well :D)

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Being aware of your flaws is not always a bad thing. Sometimes it's rather productive, and self-improving. : )

depends if the person takes it objectively or personally.
Whether that girl's nose looks big in a photo is hardly objective.

Are you saying shes in denial or being emotional, because she disagreed with him?

F

figsfiggyfigs

Whether that girl's nose looks big in a photo is hardly objective.

Are you saying shes in denial or being emotional, because she disagreed with him?

No, I'm referring to criticism in general, for people unaware of it.

He told her that she makes it look big in the photo, most likely the angle in which she takes the photo. She could have taken that in and found an angle that works for her-- if she was fiercely objective.

I don't think he meant anything by it other than stating a fact.

I will agree, his method and timing were poor, you got to know your audience.

Criticism, is generally a good thing. In his situation, it was not necessary.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think the ENTJ is too often misunderstood, even by its own kind. And it could be due to the heavy bavarian accent :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3XcG26m0w&feature=fvw"].[/YOUTUBE]

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Has to win and will stop at nothing to win.