• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Love?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
One thing I seem to enjoy is 'falling in love'.
I don't know why I enjoy it- I have done it often.
However, in most ways, I relate much more to the T preference than F.

I remembered reading somewhere that INTP's and ENTP's are prone to the obsessive sort of love in their younger years.
Do other XNTP's here find that to be true?

When I meet a person I really like, I will often be willing to do anything I can to make that person happy- my way of showing love- of being the 'nice guy'.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think id say so because it gives a different perspective on things, it kind of opens up how much your feeling can drive things and how powerful they can be in a sense it is a different logical framework that is very hard to understand and come to grips with.

You also really get a sense for how opposing thinking and feeling can be. Its like an endless war with your thinking bringing up an endless amount of theories and logical ways to act.
eventually you get to a point where your just like yea I really like this person yet im spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about why I should not feel that way.

Last edited:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, how I hate these threads.

NTs should not love. We are supposed to be cold-hearted sociopaths.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remembered reading somewhere that INTP's and ENTP's are prone to the obsessive sort of love in their younger years.

When I meet a person I really like, I will often be willing to do anything I can to make that person happy- my way of showing love- of being the 'nice guy'.

Um, yeah. Pretty much. That sentiment is still alive and well within me, just tempered (or butchered) a lot by life experience.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
" The room is on fire, and she's fixing her hair "

The Strokes

Ada

MBTI Type
IntP

My husband is ENTP; I am INTP.

We met 18 years ago... the first night we were together we were stranded together, by friends who took off to hook up. We didn't notice too much, we were deep into conversation... conversation led to...

Our relationship basically started as a one-night stand .... we've been married for 17 years. How's that for obsessive sort of love?

My ENTP husband jumps through hoops to make me happy all the time... he's kind of romantic like that...

We are often deficient in the same areas... we are also on the same wave line more often than not.... consider this real-life scenario:

"So ...neither one of us thought to pay the electric bill?".... "Okay, it's now been paid .... but service will not be restored until sometime tomorrow morning, what are we suppose to do until then?".... "Hmmm.... aaahhhh....ooohhh...."

Who needs electricity when you can make your own?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've ever felt the full implications of romantic love. I've been infatuated. I've had a deep, affectionate concern for some people. But I've never had both for one person at the same time. I've always thought of true love as feeling those two things for the same person.

I've sadly never gotten the chance to try nurturing infatuation into love.
As for those I care about... they were not material for infatuation.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
"She says that my sentimental side should be held with kids gloves."

Interpol

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
The lord giveth and the lord taketh away.

Man is he a taker... That is how I have to describe my experience with love. Don't know if it's just my life or a trend with NT's?

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was utterly, completely in love once. I would love to have it again, and every now and then I run into an enticing target. But I'm glad that even if I never do, I had it once and I know what it is.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know.

I think it might have just been sex when I was "in love".

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lol, I would just like to take this moment to state the obvious, that being, that if this thread were to be posted in the NF forum, addressing NF's and Love?

The thread would be more robust in detail, and number of responses.

Perhaps, you NT's do, in fact, suck at love?!?!?

Official NT emoticon ---------> :mellow:

:wub: <----------- Official NF emoticon

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I do feel :wubbie: sometimes.

I want to feel :wubbie:, that's for sure.

wow, way to make me need a :hug:.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Ada's experience sounds pretty familiar. Including the forgetting to pay the bills part. :blush:

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, I've never fallen in 'love'. I'm 18 years old and there are only two people I've really liked so far. And I was always quick to label it as an infatuation rather than love. I like to question love, (only in the romantic sense of it. I believe in most other variations of love). I often wonder whether it actually exists, outside of hormones.

I'd definitely like to experience it though. I'm sure the dopamine rush must be damn good. :D

So yeah, not much lovin' here for me. My INTP friend, though, is quick to fall into obsessions.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I often wonder whether it actually exists, outside of hormones.

I often wonder that too. It seems the most successful marriages I know of are those that don't begin with that 'romantic spark of love' but rather uniting based on similar interests and starting out as friends.
That's at least how my parents (both T types) started out and they've been married for 27 years without any problems.

walfin

MBTI Type
INTP
Ada, you've now given me an idea.

I shall not pay my power bills on time if I have an SO. :)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
It's tricky, it's scary, it's intense, it makes me feel alive. It's rare.

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
One thing I seem to enjoy is 'falling in love'.

Yeah, thats true for me. I try not to be too nice to the person, but i always fail, kind of... i m easily hurt by the person who i love, but i forgive fast( which reminds me of my extremly loyal isfj mother).... propably in love i m more the i"nf"p rather than nt
I was several times in love, due to the preference of daydreaming i kind of get stuck with dreaming and thinking about the person i like.
i started to fall in love pretty early (with 8 or so),but i was always too shy, i had my really first big love with 16 and than again with 18