• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Love?

MBTI Type
INTJ
I can say that of all the people I've dated, I've only ever been truly in love once... and it changed my life. It was as if a lightbulb came on in my head that said 'Ohhhh THIS is what everyone gets so excited about...' and suddenly I felt more 'human' and less like a 'robot'.

It made me eternally happy to know that I was even CAPABLE of such deep emotions, having been so unused to feeling at all for most of my life. It was like a person blind from birth suddenly being given the gift of sight.

Even though things did not work out with him and he broke my heart into a million pieces, I look back and go 'Wow... I didn't even know my heart could break...' and I thank the universe over and over for giving me the chance to know what love is. Like someone earlier posted... even if I never find it again, I'm happy that I've seen it and felt it even once.

It changed me in ways that I'd never have expected, making me more open to feelings in general and more understanding to more feeling types. Life-altering would be maybe the best way to describe it. :)

I could have written this exact post, except that I'm sorry to say I was the heartbreaker, not the heartbreakee. But the joke was on me, because I was wrecked as well.

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
:hi: Where in India are you? :D

I've been infatuated once (if you don't count grade school infatuations, I don't.) Boys my age tend to not look at me like I'm female at all. Yay gender reversed friend zones.

I'm from Pune city... you? (Boys do that to me too. I think that comes as a natural consequence of not tossing your hair and batting your eyelids)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I dunno... "don't hurt me" is more or less a minimal requirement in a love relationship.

Do NT's seek out a minimally-fulfilling relationship? I actually don't think so... I think NT's usually seek out a "mindmate" relationship, something which is DEEPLY fulfilling.

+++++
I was just being a cheeky brat. I think most people seek "something which is DEEPLY fulfilling", and I imagine the mental connection would be just the thing to do the job for an NT.

Cindy

MBTI Type
INTJ
I miss being totally infatuated with the person I love.
My current relationship is way past the honeymoon stage.
Been in love 5 times now, is that a lot lol.
I still love most of them on different levels and only ever fell out of love once.