• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] There's an ENTP in my life, help!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
You handled yourself excellently; it's refreshing. You give much to others by your example.

Thanks for the update.

Thank you. I am still learning to speak his language, but we're getting there:)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm fairly certain he's an ENTP. I DO want him to be proud and to feel a part of things, but I don't want him to come in and try to take over.

Seriously - you think this guy is ENTP??? I've never met an ENTP who rubbed people up the wrong way instantaneous like that. There is only one person I've ever met who was like that and not an ENTP. Typically its ENTP's flakeness and knowledge about so many different things that irks people. Also ENTPs don't tend to take over like that, I don't think... IMO

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Seriously - you think this guy is ENTP??? I've never met an ENTP who rubbed people up the wrong way instantaneous like that. There is only one person I've ever met who was like that and not an ENTP. Typically its ENTP's flakeness and knowledge about so many different things that irks people. Also ENTPs don't tend to take over like that, I don't think... IMO

Yes. Apparently im a knowledge tyrant. I deshumanize ppl who dont learn. Fixing that

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
No ENTP will be offended if you tell them your honest preference. Show respect and admiration, but don't fawn. There's no need. He'll respect you for being direct and clear. I doubt he will take it personally, because we honestly believe we are above that. [And do NOT try to destroy an ENTP, especially if you are an NF. We fight to win, but we don't care if we lose (that much, anyway). But there are body parts scattered everywhere afterwards. Not a pretty sight.]

No need to sweat it so much, OP. :bye:

Yeah:laugh: to all NFs out there "i dont feel that way" is not a valid argument when discussing factual data. Dammit:coffee:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

Well, whatever he is, the advice people gave worked and we are getting along well. He's turned out to be someone I enjoy talking to and I've come to really like him. He is an innovative thinker and all I can say to ENTPs is that if he isn't one of you, then it is a loss for NTP kind.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good to hear!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, whatever he is, the advice people gave worked and we are getting along well. He's turned out to be someone I enjoy talking to and I've come to really like him. He is an innovative thinker and all I can say to ENTPs is that if he isn't one of you, then it is a loss for NTP kind.

The advice was pretty straight forward, just what you described doesn't sound very ENTP-ish.... having too many ideas can drive people crazy, being too enthusiastic, or easy distracted can be issues but the ones you walk about don't sound P like really. Not an issue as you have solved it.