• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs aggressive/forceful?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think its because there very blunt and honest. I've noticed that when i "get extravated" i'm very honest and blunt and people are taken aback. Especially in arguments. My sis told me i was really aggressive to my dad the other day and i didn't realise i was just saying what i thought with usual bluntness!

So?
Entps have tiertary Fe (combined with primary Ne) ya know ?

just saying :coffee:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm generally only forceful in presenting my arguments. I can be quite emphatic when I get onto something. However, I try only to make converts, not slaves, so I guess this would make me less forceful than say an ENTJ. I just don't have an interest in enforcing compliance with my directives. I want to make requests and have them carried out with minimal oversight.

I can also be aggressive but again it is in a more distant, light manner. I like to dart in and cut someone then dance off again and watch their mouths drop open when they realize that not all smiling people are nice and that their blood looks funny when it pools at their feet.

This simply reinforces my well-founded trepidation at the lot of you!

This is exactly why INFJs have learned to sprout blades from their skin like Pinhead from Hellraiser when danger sniffs a little too close.

:chuckle: Truth is morbidly funny.

sade

This simply reinforces my well-founded trepidation at the lot of you!

This is exactly why INFJs have learned to sprout blades from their skin like Pinhead from Hellraiser when danger sniffs a little too close.

:chuckle: Truth is morbidly funny.
Isn't? Good to have some sharp shards in you, just in case..
:coffee:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't think I'm aggressive or forceful, but people seem to think I am. I never understood why. I guess, I just don't use extraneous filler words and people need them somehow.

I think it's safe to say you'll find less problem online. And the reason is the problem might not actually be what you are saying but how you are saying it. Or not, I dunno.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think it's safe to say you'll find less problem online. And the reason is the problem might not actually be what you are saying but how you are saying it. Or not, I dunno.

I'm not worried about it, just curious. I actually get into more trouble when writing. I figured out that I can write whatever I want, however, if I punctuate it with lots of lol's and smiley faces. Lol.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm not worried about it, just curious. I actually get into more trouble when writing. I figured out that I can write whatever I want, however, if I punctuate it with lots of lol's and smiley faces. Lol.

Well, no amount of sugarcoat is going to hide an evil heart. Then again, sugarcoating is evil in itself.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, no amount of sugarcoat is going to hide an evil heart. Then again, sugarcoating is evil in itself.

So honesty=evil?
sorry, not logical to me.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTPs might think they are agressive and forceful, but in reality they are just being fluffy-cute ;).

Tell that to the 9843543 non-NTs I know who are convinced I'm the biggest asshole this side of Richard Dawkins.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like to dart in and cut someone then dance off again and watch their mouths drop open when they realize that not all smiling people are nice and that their blood looks funny when it pools at their feet.

Now that we've dismissed ENFP, this one pretty much dismisses ESTP, too. Show me an ESTP who speaks in that kind of figurative metaphor routinely, and I'll show you an ENTP who respects tradition unquestioningly. Not happening ;)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I know that but why are you pointing that out?

That an extroverted intp isn't and doesn't act think like an entp. That an introverted entp isn't an intp. They're just limit states on a single function bell curve or something.
The fact u act 'E' doesn't suddently change ur functions. That's like saying that if I develop my J I'll become Te Ni Se Fi.

And yes I'm over simplifying but I'm a bit exhausted at the moment.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
So honesty=evil?
sorry, not logical to me.

No, I'm saying that if you have a black heart, being honest or dishonest isn't going to change that. And I'm also saying dishonesty (sugercoating) is evil.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
ENTPs just got that Fe in there! They're not being aggressive. They're going for passionate.

You rock, ENTPs. Keep being awesome.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
That an extroverted intp isn't and doesn't act think like an entp. That an introverted entp isn't an intp. They're just limit states on a single function bell curve or something.
The fact u act 'E' doesn't suddently change ur functions. That's like saying that if I develop my J I'll become Te Ni Se Fi.

And yes I'm over simplifying but I'm a bit exhausted at the moment.

Yeah but I/E is only swapping function order so an extravated INTP is just using Ne alot more and Ti a bit less which is the same as an ENTP or atleast a more introverted one.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah but I/E is only swapping function order so an extravated INTP is just using Ne alot more and Ti a bit less which is the same as an ENTP or atleast a more introverted one.
Na, The 2nd function is something you can see as defining you, the first is so mingled in everything you do you probably would never call it a function. It's just a flavor mingled in everything you do.
So Ne+Ti . Ne+Fe...
Intps don't have the entps third function. and relate to facts more than social dynamics (Se\Fe)

Also I'm not sure you can confuse filtering\analysing things with Ti less with magically gaining extra Ne. And unleashing your Ne isn't the same thing as Having Ne as your first function.

I'm not saying that to be mean you know :D
I mean, your everyday intps S and ability to focus on details, follow step by step reasoning is very probably better than an entp's. I
basically have to tame my mind not to go in 5 direction at the same time whenever I start having a 'thinking' overflow because i Can't have a Ti overload without having an Ne overload. I don't think it works the same way with intps.

I'm interested in hearing ur own analysis anyway, or any other intp well versed in functions

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well at least in the "adolf hitler thread", noone typed him as entp. See for yourself what you will get out of that :D

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've been reading here and there where other types (particularly F's and S's) talk about ENTP's and saying that we're generally forceful, aggressive and assertive, implying it in a bad way.

This strikes me as odd, because I've never thought of myself as an aggressive person. Assertive, certainly - I will be outspoken about things that piss me off, and I can be persuasive and I admit, manipulative too at times.

However, the last thing that's ever on my mind is actually forcing people to do or think anything. Sometimes I do express myself perhaps more openly and assertively than some other people do, but it's not because I'm trying to force or persuade - I'm trying to be as clear as possible and I want people to push back and tell me things 'in no uncertain terms'. If they have a problem I want them to voice it, and if they voice it, I want to listen and understand and make any necessary changes to help them. When I ask 'What is your problem?' it's out of curiosity, not aggression or defensiveness.

One of the things that frustrates me most about a friendship I have with an INFJ woman, is when things go all awry because apparently, something I've been doing has been upsetting her, but I've not known because she hasn't told me, so I've kept on doing it. I ask her in exasperation why on earth she didn't just say if she had a problem, and she says she was worried that I'd get mad or annoyed at her, and yet when she finally does say what the problem was, I always concede that she has a point, and apologise, and do what I can do improve things in the future, so I really don't know where she gets this idea from that I'm so aggressive and unapproachable...

But, come to think of it, it seems the only people I can really rely on in my life to give me honest feedback in clear and unambiguous terms, without pulling punches (the way I like it) are two ENTJ's and an INTJ... and they don't exactly have great reputations for tact either...

I'd be really interested to hear about other people's experiences with ENTP's and how we come across, as I fear some of it may be lost in translation and I'd like to be able to communicate with the people I know in a way that doesn't make them afraid of me! And I'd also like to know what ways I could use to more effectively get clear and honest feedback from the gentler types... after all, if the only frank advice I'm getting is from similarly assertive types, then it won't help me in dealing with the others and just might exacerbate the problem (if there even is one).

I reserve the right to mistype people as ENTP's when theyre really not, but... here it goes

ENTP's I know are generally nice people who are assertive but not aggressive; they dose it just right.

Be happy you're not bossy. You aren't, are you?