• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs aggressive/forceful?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPS are the only people who can make arguing fun!!

I don't think that they are overly aggressive, but more assertive as someone else put it.

sade

Forceful and agressive? I can't say you come across that way. Now assertive and stubborn at times sound more like it.
And arguing about something with you is fun.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Already answered this thread but have new insight

something I've been doing has been upsetting her, but I've not known because she hasn't told me, so I've kept on doing it. I ask her in exasperation why on earth she didn't just say if she had a problem, and she says she was worried that I'd get mad or annoyed at her, and yet when she finally does say what the problem was, I always concede that she has a point, and apologise, and do what I can do improve things in the future, so I really don't know where she gets this idea from that I'm so aggressive and unapproachable...

Sounds like a classic T and F conflict.

But, come to think of it, it seems the only people I can really rely on in my life to give me honest feedback in clear and unambiguous terms, without pulling punches (the way I like it) are two ENTJ's and an INTJ... and they don't exactly have great reputations for tact either...

Same here...

I'd be really interested to hear about other people's experiences with ENTP's and how we come across, as I fear some of it may be lost in translation and I'd like to be able to communicate with the people I know in a way that doesn't make them afraid of me! And I'd also like to know what ways I could use to more effectively get clear and honest feedback from the gentler types... after all, if the only frank advice I'm getting is from similarly assertive types, then it won't help me in dealing with the others and just might exacerbate the problem (if there even is one).

I find ENTP's great and I like what other people see as a changing attitude which is more spontaneity/improvisation IMO.

To me, you come off as a thoughtful/analytical person who sees things from many different perspectives.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP need external validation too much to be too awful. But, we also resent this need. I do anyway.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Naw! The best way to describe the ENTPs I know would be "casually agressive". If they're being agressive, it's barely noticable and is very laid back and easier to respond to.

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
Naw! The best way to describe the ENTPs I know would be "casually agressive". If they're being agressive, it's barely noticable and is very laid back and easier to respond to.

See i disagree with part of this, if at any point I've decided to become fully aggressive, its not a pretty sight. Tears are shed, things are yelled, feelings are hurt, but for the most part, casually aggressive is a great way to describe us.

We are just as aggressive as most people let us be.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Oh, I've heard horror stories from my ENTP friends about what happens when they get mad. They've also said that it takes a lot to get them to that point. Most ENTPs I know are amazing in a crisis and I've never seen one lose their cool in the face of extreme bullshit.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not agressive- tricky! :holy:

Really, sneakiness and such get you a lot farther than pure aggression- and you still have people's goodwill towards you so that you can work with them in the future to get your way again!

Aggression just isn't the smart approach- if you're going to steal someone's money you'll get a lot more by conning them than mugging them :rolli:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Not agressive- tricky! :holy:

Really, sneakiness and such get you a lot farther than pure aggression- and you still have people's goodwill towards you so that you can work with them in the future to get your way again!

Aggression just isn't the smart approach- if you're going to steal someone's money you'll get a lot more by conning them than mugging them :rolli:

yup!

the only time i get aggressive (which is different from assertive) is if i've mentally done the pro/con list in the split second it takes to do it, and it's clear that it's called for in that particular situation.

i won't do it, unless i feel right AND the benefits will make the consequences worth it.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
yup!

the only time i get aggressive (which is different from assertive) is if i've mentally done the pro/con list in the split second it takes to do it, and it's clear that it's called for in that particular situation.

i won't do it, unless i feel right AND the benefits will make the consequences worth it.
yeah exactly the same.
If it really seems to be the only efficient method in a given context It's like 'here we go, lets do the big voice'

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah exactly the same.
If it really seems to be the only efficient method in a given context It's like 'here we go, lets do the big voice'

*nod*

99% of the time, what seems to others like an out of control outburst, is actually a very contrived and controlled one that's only meant to look that way. because in that situation, and with that person/people, it's clear that that's the only thing they understand.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
*nod*

99% of the time, what seems to others like an out of control outburst, is actually a very contrived and controlled one that's only meant to look that way. because in that situation, and with that person/people, it's clear that that's the only thing they understand.
My best friend is an entp, he's just the same when it comes to arguing. I don't think It would be an overstatement to say it takes about 100 times as much to REALLY piss me off compared to any other type I know.

Last time It happened was when someone kept disrespecting me, what would have never ever happened in the first place if I didn't let him do it in the first place (because of the fact it'd have had direct repercutions on my mother \ my studies )

This lead me to realise that because of the fact that I quasi automaticaly say what's on my mind - Including when somebody bugs me - I'll rarely find myself in a situation where I have a reason to get angry.
On the other hand, If I have to keep something for myself and explode, i'd probably look like some kind of an NT nuke.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
so very true. people just don't understand.

and, frankly, i like it that way. let 'em wonder.