• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs aggressive/forceful?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I am pretty forceful and aggressive, but only to someone that is using similar tactics.
Normalluy striking fear at people does not help make anything better.

And I often apologize to the object of my aggression if I gone too far.

ENTP's I know are generally nice people who are assertive but not aggressive; they dose it just right.

I am pretty sure that is untrue, Fe is not a strong function in us.

Johnfloyd6675

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Assertive yes, aggressive never.

Well, that ain't true; ENTP is notoriously associated with diagnoses of Antisocial Personality Disorder (sociopathy). ENTPs tend to welcome new people into their lives with warmth and friendship, but if you do bad stuff to them- especially with regards to the ENTP's romantic life- there's not gonna be a whole lot of ethical restraint imposed by our Feeling function; it'll be drowned out by the noise of Ne and Ti standing at a chalkboard somewhere in the brain, making sure they make 'em pay.

"Tears don't affect me
I'll hit ya with a Tec, G
disrespect me,
my potency is deadly."
-Biggie, on what ENTPs think to themselves when they're mad at somebody.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I'm passive aggressive myself; normally am not forceful though, unless required, and then that takes conscious effort to do so and specific situations need to occur for such to be warranted.

Why bother wasting time/effort/reputation by being forceful, when there's far easier and more effective ways if yeu use yeur head?

Force is used when other options just flat out won't work, usually due to the individual in question is unwilling to accept anything other than "might = right", then yeu have to flatten them before yeu can get them to listen to a word yeu say.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, that ain't true; ENTP is notoriously associated with diagnoses of Antisocial Personality Disorder (sociopathy). ENTPs tend to welcome new people into their lives with warmth and friendship, but if you do bad stuff to them- especially with regards to the ENTP's romantic life- there's not gonna be a whole lot of ethical restraint imposed by our Feeling function; it'll be drowned out by the noise of Ne and Ti standing at a chalkboard somewhere in the brain, making sure they make 'em pay.

"Tears don't affect me
I'll hit ya with a Tec, G
disrespect me,
my potency is deadly."
-Biggie, on what ENTPs think to themselves when they're mad at somebody.

No, it is true. If aggressiveness is part of your repertoire then power to ya or whatever but it's not part of mine and never has been, surprise-surprise I also don't have Antisocial Personality Disorder or even *gasp* ADHD! My line is live and let live, if you wrong me then I no longer care about you, not even enough to "make you pay", my attention span has no time for holding grudges or getting even I'm here on this earth for one thing: to have fun living, for me aggressiveness does not sit well with my Fe and I do not enjoy feeling anger or hate so hitting back at people simply isn't fun.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My line is live and let live, if you wrong me then I no longer care about you, not even enough to "make you pay", my attention span has no time for holding grudges or getting even I'm here on this earth for one thing: to have fun living, for me aggressiveness does not sit well with my Fe and I do not enjoy feeling anger or hate so hitting back at people simply isn't fun.

This is the essence.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yup same. I just dont care enough and anyway in these situations its usually the one who cares the most who loses the "battle". Not caring is what really drives ppl nuts , so my natural reaction is also often the more effective

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am always aggressive, I just cant if somebody is watching:

nichtlustig%5B1%5D.jpg

Frank

I think an entp's quick wit when used in a sarcastic or antagonistic way can be seen as aggressive/forceful. Even when they claim to be kidding, an entp can verbally put just about anyone in "their place".