• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How did you find friends that are similar to you?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pursue the ones that I " Clicked " with, ignore the others
its almost as if i " was interested if i found them interesting or not "

*wink*

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
No
I'm pretty weird compared to them
or anyone, for that matter
and yet - i am no different than anyone

Except your name on the MBTI forum is AvereX, you live somewhere I don't, when you fill circles on online tests they give you INFJ as a result, you weigh a different amount from other people, you will die at a different time and some other insignificant stuff.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Except your name on the MBTI forum is AvereX, you live somewhere I don't, when you fill circles on online tests they give you INFJ as a result, you weigh a different amount from other people, you will die at a different time and some other insignificant stuff.

its pretty bullshit, i know
look at the edit

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Oh, I thought it was someone with no social capabilities who feeds on poorly written fiction and knows scripts of TV shows by heart.

I think those are geeks actually, but yes that's another problem for me too- haha!
That is if you consider The Great Gatsby 'poorly written fiction'

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
How did you find friends that are similar to you?

I haven't found too many similar until this point in my life. :/
Most of my friends are SP's and some SJ's too. I do love my friends dearly but I would also like to have more NF and NT friends. ;)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Lots of elimination, rejection and pushing "unworthy" people away. And talk deep stuff to them, if they seemed interested, they PROBABLY are an N. But, really, when you find one, it's rather easy to find the rest. It seemed that Ns like to cluster together, with sprinkles of Ss.

In my circle of friends (this circle is the group of friends whom I hangout daily with), there is an ISTP male, ESTP male, ENFP male, ENFP male 2, ENFP male 3 (Birds of the same feather flock together? :D), INTJ male, ENTJ female, EnTJ female 2, and lastly me (an INFP).

There is another circle (this consists of all girls) but most of them are Sensors though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a few different paths:

• Post things on various online forums of interest, and either contact people whose posts appeal to me or be thrilled when they initiate things... later perhaps expanding to RL if they are near enough.
  • Join a group of some sort (religious, artistic, etc.) in your area and see who you connect with. You still have to speak or put yourself out there somehow, so that people who don't know you can contact you; and if you see someone you like, you need to initiate things too.
  • Go places with / meet the friends of your current friends, they have sort of prescreened people for you and you can essentially network off them.

I think the big thing is putting yourself out there.

If you're not an extrovert, you might not easily be able to develop lots of relationships directly; instead, find a venue for your ideas and thoughts and contributions, which allows people to get to screen YOU and initiate things if need be. I think people with high exposure (like artist, musicians, writers, who routinely share their ideas) do really well -- they are being contacted by some people they might not connect with well, but they usually also get a lot more people coming to them who end up resonating with them.

I will say that when I meet someone who "clicks," it's like a spark. i have a collection of friends whom as soon as we started talking, it was like we had known each other forever and even if we had little details about each other, there was almost an immediate commitment to the relationship and a sense of being willing to be open just about anything.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've never found friends that are similar to me. Yet, still I hope.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Cypocalypse's basic INTP guide to finding friends.

1. Deal with the possibility that chances are, fewer people will be likely to get in-sync with your INTP personality. But in my opinion, it's worth it even you'll end up racking fewer friends than not at all, even if it means you have to deal with a hugs majority that won't be able to understand you.

2. Force your untapped extroversion to come out. Chances are, at face value, INTPs can easily be mistaken by the general populace as an xNTJ, and that would mean we'd be pressured to be achievers or heavy doers like them. In my personal opinion, I'd rather be on the extroverted side trying to seek out people that would be attuned to me (at the risk of more people ridiculing me), rather than keep things at low key, where some of the people close to me would all of a sudden expect me to be decisively active in pursuing an ambitious achievement just because I'm perceived to be intelligent.

3. No matter how much you want to avoid them, chances are you'll have more SJ/SP friends or acquaintances than any other archetypes, especially the intuitives. If you're going to stick with a non-questioning, all-following SJ, for example, make sure that the set of cultural, community, family norms that the person follows is something that you can realistically deal with. It helps a bit if you're on the extroverted side because you can assert your personality better. My girlfriend, for example, is an ISFJ, and it's good that the norms she was following is actually pretty manageable, if not ideal for a long term relationship. My relationship with her has been really good.

4. SJ/SP friends aren't really that useless. Really. It's better keeping them with you aware that they're probably ridiculing you at any point than to keep yourself completely detached to them and keeping yourself isolated. For one, they provide a better template for public interaction (since they represent the majority anyway), and they're always a reminder for us to keep things light sometimes, because we're often serious. Though personally, they don't make the most ideal template for a long term relationship with the intuitives, but they're better off being kept in an acquaintance level, than not having them at all.

5. NF -- theoretically the best archetype for INTP friendship. Based on personal experience, they're the archetypes that try to connect with me on a personal level more than any other archetypes. I don't know what is it about my personality that seems to connect with them. I'm a blogger by the way, and for some weird reason my blog page has been attractiing some NFs. Anyway, I just blog bout anything. Sometimes, I deviate from my usual INTP way of writing (the observant perspective and all), and I try to mix it up on some occasions with personal sentiments. It gives my blogging a personal touch, though I hardly consider myself as the NF kind of poetic, or artistic. Still, it attracts the NFs.

6. If you're going to sign up in an online forum or any form of community, try signing up on those that are community based, where the likelihood of meeting people due to sheer proximity and accessibility is high, hence the likelihood of making the relationship transcend beyond the online set-up is good. And once that is established, you can integrate that with number 5 (e.g., providing a link to your blog page) so that you'll be giving a chance to those people to get to know you better.

I'll type more later.

zulu

MBTI Type
INTJ
I found my husband, who is my best friend, on teh interweb. I also found several of my other close friends on it, too. One of them I met on an INTJ forum, the other on a Christian forum. So I think that seeking out others with similar beliefs and interests is a good idea. Also, you never know who you can meet through friends - my husband and I had a friend in common before we met.

I don't connect with most people on a very deep level, either. I'm able to get along with most, but getting along and truly connecting are two completely different things.
What INTJ forum is that? Are most people on it mostly INTJs? If you happen to know other NT forums, I'd love to know them.