• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Sx dom ENTP's: How many of you have mis-typed as an ENFP?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have mistyped as an ENFP for sure and I am an SX dom. The descriptions try to make it sound like all ENTP's are SX last, so I think that this is what could be confusing to many ENTP's. How many of you have mis-typed as an ENFP because of this?
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]

You might want to check this out.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have mistyped as an ENFP for sure and I am an SX dom. The descriptions try to make it sound like all ENTP's are SX last, so I think that this is what could be confusing to many ENTP's. How many of you have mis-typed as an ENFP because of this?

What ENTP descriptions have you been reading that go into such personal detail as to suggest instinctual variants? Or are you referring to the detached and analytical nature applied to NTs in general? Because by that measure only the NFs would be Sx doms.

S

Society

i've never tested as ENFP on MBTI, but i have on the keirsey test, and if we are going by F vs. T meaning emotional reasoning vs. rational reasoning rather than by jungian functions, there have certainly being periods in my life where i was closer to the F side, i'd go as far as saying i have largely spent most of my last decade around the middle of the scale, and it's only in the last year or two that i sort of reverted away from trusting Fe (in myself and others), which happens to be where my F goes to F...

i am not sure what do you mean regarding the ENTP descriptions. if anything one of the biggest blind spots for sx doms - the inability to easily distinguish between what is important to yourself and what is objectively important to everyone else - goes hand in hand with the emotional exclusion aspect of the ENTP stereotype that comes with young tertiary Fe (which was apparently inspired by high school kids).

p.s.
to answer your question, based on the similar threads thing:

ENFP? ENTP? Something else?
By CourtneyJD in forum What's my MBTI Type?
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-11-2013, 04:14 AM
Am I an ENTP or an ENFP?
By ALL-HAIL-ME in forum What's my MBTI Type?
Replies: 19
Last Post: 09-25-2013, 10:08 PM
ENTP or ENFP?
By Lord Guess in forum What's my MBTI Type?
Replies: 36
Last Post: 09-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Am I ENTP or ENFP?
By DJAcclaim in forum What's my MBTI Type?
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Am I an ENTP or ENFP?
By HeraldofHope in forum The NT Rationale
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-19-2008, 04:08 AM

^i'd say it's common enough.

edit #2: interestingly, 3/5 of the above are SX doms (the other two aren't IS-typed)...

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am referring to most of the ENTP descriptions that you read online. Most of them act like all ENTP's are detached and unemotional. They act ENTP's are these analytical, unemotional robots that are practically incapable of love.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]
pretty much every ENTP Sx dom I've known has mistyped as a Feeler at some point
[MENTION=10550]Dr Mobius[/MENTION]
he's referring to the "noob" pages like personality page which people generally look at first when learning about their type.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
pretty much every ENTP Sx dom I've known has mistyped as a Feeler at some point
[MENTION=10550]Dr Mobius[/MENTION]
he's referring to the "noob" pages like personality page which people generally look at first when learning about their type.

Yes, this is exactly what I was referring to. Also even more so, I was referring to the Kiersey description of ENTP's. He makes all ENTP's look like sexual last, robots.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=74]digesthisickness[/MENTION]

Aren't you also typed as ENTP Sx dom?

S

Society

so [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]:

between 0 and 10...

if 8 is: this is just another excuse to shoutout for other ENTPs in your continues and episodic displays of frustration at the lack of ENTP tribalism/comradery/whatnot and how your not-so subtle grunting at how lonely you feel as an ENTP with all the other ENTPs just doing their own thing, trying to bring the cretiures under a single thread where we'd presumably be allowed to Ne around to our hearts content and Ti's each other's metaphorical genitals...

and -2 is: you are secretly an ENFP on a quest for revenge against the Ti that has wronged you by killing your mother['s promise that santa will come this year] and thinking you'd get a troll-the-trollz win because your impression of playful psyching is just an emotional impression of your own irritation and thus you think it can be avenged by simply summoning semi-random ENTPs into under stimulating yes/no discussions...

where would you say you stand?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
[MENTION=74]digesthisickness[/MENTION]

Aren't you also typed as ENTP Sx dom?

Indeed, I am, but I haven't posted here because I don't see what you see to the extent you apparently do. I know how NTs in general are described, and that fits the bill of what you're saying, but I'd need links to things that describe ENTPs as so un-sx that they're robotic.

Also, I've never taken a test and gotten anywhere close to ENFP. I have been told I can come off that way at least twice on forums such as these, but it's momentary and passes quickly, so my type hasn't come into question.

Truth is, I perhaps do come off as robotic (when it comes to love emotions) to those who aren't targets of my love. I don't often share just how deeply I feel with just anyone and to those who aren't in my crosshairs, I'd look like an almost completely different person to those who are. Whereas they DO see the sx appear in my more worldly obsessions and passions (knowledge seeking and current projects) which can make me seem cold and detached where people are concerned.

I'm pure sx, but when it comes to love, only a few know/see just how deep (and god is it deep) and extremely intense I am.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Indeed, I am, but I haven't posted here because I don't see what you see to the extent you apparently do. I know how NTs in general are described, and that fits the bill of what you're saying, but I'd need links to things that describe ENTPs as so un-sx that they're robotic.

Also, I've never taken a test and gotten anywhere close to ENFP. I have been told I can come off that way at least twice on forums such as these, but it's momentary and passes quickly, so my type hasn't come into question.

Truth is, I perhaps do come off as robotic (when it comes to love emotions) to those who aren't targets of my love. I don't often share just how deeply I feel with just anyone and to those who aren't in my crosshairs, I'd look like an almost completely different person to those who are. Whereas they DO see the sx appear in my more worldly obsessions and passions (knowledge seeking and current projects) which can make me seem cold and detached where people are concerned.

I'm pure sx, but when it comes to love, only a few know/see just how deep (and god is it deep) and extremely intense I am.

Interesting you are unemotional you say? Well I am actually quite emotional. It's very interesting though, because I tend to mix emotion with a good bit of logic.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
so [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]:

between 0 and 10...

if 8 is: this is just another excuse to shoutout for other ENTPs in your continues and episodic displays of frustration at the lack of ENTP tribalism/comradery/whatnot and how your not-so subtle grunting at how lonely you feel as an ENTP with all the other ENTPs just doing their own thing, trying to bring the cretiures under a single thread where we'd presumably be allowed to Ne around to our hearts content and Ti's each other's metaphorical genitals...

and -2 is: you are secretly an ENFP on a quest for revenge against the Ti that has wronged you by killing your mother['s promise that santa will come this year] and thinking you'd get a troll-the-trollz win because your impression of playful psyching is just an emotional impression of your own irritation and thus you think it can be avenged by simply summoning semi-random ENTPs into under stimulating yes/no discussions...

where would you say you stand?

Probably the first one I'm thinking.

rav3n

From what's been observed online, more ENFPs mistype as ENTPs, than the other way around. When in shadow, sometimes ENTPs mistype as INTJs.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
From what's been observed online, more ENFPs mistype as ENTPs, than the other way around. When in shadow, sometimes ENTPs mistype as INTJs.

I feel like an Fe user though, and I don't use Fi. I am definitely an extravert and I am not an Fe dom. What else could I be besides ENTP.

rav3n

I feel like an Fe user though, and I don't use Fi. I am definitely an extravert and I am not an Fe dom. What else could I be besides ENTP.
Not questioning your type. Don't know you well enough to even warrant a guess. I'm strictly passing on some observations about ENFP/ENTP mistypes in the cyberspace wild.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Not questioning your type. Don't know you well enough to even warrant a guess. I'm strictly passing on some observations about ENFP/ENTP mistypes in the cyberspace wild.

Yeah believe me simulatedWorld on Personality Nation gave me all the lecturing I could handle on this issue.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting you are unemotional you say? Well I am actually quite emotional. It's very interesting though, because I tend to mix emotion with a good bit of logic.

I... didn't say I'm not emotional. I'm saying it's not something someone would say first if someone asked them what I'm like.