• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are Conspiracy Theories Irrational?

rogue350

I'm very open to most ideas and will contemplate the validity and possible "reality" of what anyone says. I'm never really shocked by peoples' ideas and theories so I keep my mind open and consider the endless possibilities. I don't know who caused Sandy Hooke. I don't know who caused 9/11. I don't think everything on the news is true and we can never be sure what the govn't is hiding. I'm not really paranoid or suspicious of everything but I am open to the possibility that anything could happen. There are some people who think that conspiracy theories are completely out there and anyone who even considers them are crazy and mentally ill. AM I CRAZY AND MENTALLY ILL?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
What's that quote? Keep an open mind, but not so much your brains fall out?

Being open to new information doesn't mean you stop there. You then analyze and compare with previous data and reach your own conclusion/theory. That doesn't necessarily mean you aren't insane though. Perhaps you are.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
The 'normals' sure seem like it.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are Conspiracy Theories Irrational?
That's what they want you to think!

ed7.png

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What's that quote? Keep an open mind, but not so much your brains fall out?

Being open to new information doesn't mean you stop there. You then analyze and compare with previous data and reach your own conclusion/theory. That doesn't necessarily mean you aren't insane though. Perhaps you are.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. ~ Blood Ravens Librarian

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt ~ Isador Akios

P.S. I blame my inner pc-gaming nerd *shrug*

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Much depends on whether or not there really is a conspiracy.

Alea_iacta_est

The difference between genius and madness is making the right connections sparingly and making the wrong connections frequently.
Similarly, the difference between conspiracy and truth-telling is making assumptions where there is no evidence and using evidence to provide assumptions.

Alea_iacta_est

Minerval_insignia.png

'llumnati, old school Libertarian origins.

"The goals of the organization included trying to eliminate superstition, prejudice, and the Roman Catholic Church's domination over government, philosophy, and science; trying to reduce oppressive state abuses of power, and trying to support the education and treatment of women as intellectual equals."

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
RESIST THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!!

:cop::cop::cop::cop::cop:

:bunnyd::bunnyd::bunnyd::bunnyd::bunnyd:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think most of them are very unlikely and some are crazy. But almost anything is possible I suppose. Again, I think a lot depends on how easily you make unwarranted assumptions. I say just exercise your critical thinking and common sense, but supplement it with a good sense of intuition. Or maybe the other way around.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think most of them are very unlikely and some are crazy. But almost anything is possible I suppose. Again, I think a lot depends on how easily you make unwarranted assumptions. I say just exercise your critical thinking and common sense, but supplement it with a good sense of intuition. Or maybe the other way around.

:reading::peepwall::pandarage:

Take only what resonates with your inner sense of knowing and correlates with your observations and experience.

Montalk said:
There is far more to this world than taught in our schools, shown in the media, or proclaimed by the church and state. Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance, taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality, a collective dream in which values are inverted, lies are taken as truth, and tyranny is accepted as security. They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Most conspiracy theories out there are rather cray cray, but there is always a conspiracy out there going on by a countless level of interests with a varying level of motivations behind their actions. A few gangsters want to whack some poor fuck, who ripped them off in a cocaine deal. A government agency trying to cover up some less than scrupulous activities, a cheating wife fucking around with a boss. There is always a conspiracy out there, even supernatural ones that we might not know going on, though that is unlikely in all honesty. To think that at last 10% of the conspiracy theories going on out there aren't valid is to be purposely blind, though I have no real attachment to any particular theory myself, I just stop giving a shit about that sort of thing. There is never just one conspiracy going on by one group though, that too is idiocy.

No, just an irrational type.

Not even joking.

I wonder how you get to that conclusion? Not that I disagree with you or anything, it actually is rather logically sound to say that.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe we're all insane

iNtuition is considered irrational, and ENTP's is Ne-Dom... But I hear you :)

I'm open minded too... but sometimes it gets a bit too much for me. Like the moon landing... *twilight theme*

W

WhoCares

Irrational doesn't exist. No serious. Even the most batshit crazy individuals truly believe they have perfectly logical reasons for what they do. Rational\irrational all depends on which end of the crazy stick you are holding onto. I shot him 52 times beause he was about to turn into an Alien and eat me, is a perfectly logical reaction to being confronted with a predator.

I do love a good conspiracy though, makes life interesting when you get sick of the boring crap which makes up most peoples reality. Sometimes I search the net for particularly interesting ones, like we've all been artifically inseminated with alien babies and stuff. Its a bit like that pictures of pig babies and aliens that float around the net every so often. In my boredom I even like to watch doomsday preppers on TV just to see what people do when they're convinced society is about to implode. One guys 'big idea' was to raise bees because candles will be so expensive when society regresses to medieval times.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The funniest for me was, when they rented a hotel, ordered everything on the menu while having a blast, only to wake with a headache and a massive credit card bill.