• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] F mystery debunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I thought this exact topic has been argued many times before and everytime people came to the same conclusion that:

1) F = Subjective view of the world.
2) T = Objective view of the world.

The above two lines alone make total sense to me, maybe its because of the ENFPS obviously superior Ne (j/k). What I get from it is that Feelers prefer to evaluate every situation based on value judgements (usually beliefs on how people should be treated in certain situations) and Thinkers will be more objective in trying to say that this is what happened then this and only this should logically occur. Thinkers are more out to find the objective truth, you know truth with a big T.

It has been pointed out before, you need both to function in this world. Most mature personalities are able to develop both to and them very well together.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Is it maybe that Thinkers are more task (and it doesn't have to be concrete tasks) oriented and Feelers are more people oriented (and it doesn't have to be altruistic)?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it maybe that Thinkers are more task (and it doesn't have to be concrete tasks) oriented and Feelers are more people oriented (and it doesn't have to be altruistic)?

yes
but, what are you referring to ?

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
This whole debunking thing can not be logical since MBTI in of it self is based on self reports and observation, which in and of its self can only be subjective to the reporter.

It is possible to construct a logical argument without facts but that logical argument is only going to be logical from a subjective standpoint.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://www.knowyourtype.com/feeling.html said:
Feeling (F)

Key words:
personal • value • warm • tenderhearted

People who have a preference for feeling judgment are concerned with whether decisions and actions are worthwhile. More personal in approach, feeling types believe they can make the best decisions by weighing what people care about and the points-of-view of persons involved in a situation.

Feeling types are concerned with personal values and with making decisions based on a ranking of greater to lesser importance—what is the best for the people involved. The feeling function places high value on relatedness between people, and feeling types are often concerned with establishing or maintaining harmony in their relationships. As they use and develop their feeling function, feeling types often come to appear caring, warm, and tactful. Remember, in type language, feeling does not mean being "emotional;" rather, it is a way of reasoning.

http://www.knowyourtype.com/thinking.html said:
Thinking (T)

Key words:
impersonal • truth • cool • tough-minded

People who have a preference for thinking judgment are concerned with determining the objective truth in a situation. More impersonal in approach, thinking types believe they can make the best decisions by removing personal concerns that may lead to biased analyses and decision making.

Thinking types seek to act based on the truth in a situation, a truth or principle that is independent of what they or others might want to believe or wish was true. The thinking function is concerned with logical consistency and analysis of cause and effect. As they use and develop their thinking function, thinking types often come to appear analytical, cool, and tough-minded.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
yes
but, what are you referring to ?
I guess I don't really believe anyone of any type can be truly objective, so to divide types between objective and subjective seems inaccurate to me. I think it's more accurate to say that Thinkers are task oriented while Feelers are people oriented.

However, if you said that Thinkers value objectivity while Feelers value subjectivity, I think I could accept that.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess I don't really believe anyone of any type can be truly objective, so to divide types between objective and subjective seems inaccurate to me. I think it's more accurate to say that Thinkers are task oriented while Feelers are people oriented.

However, if you said that Thinkers value objectivity while Feelers value subjectivity, I think I could accept that.

DING DING DING

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*Joins Sunshine in Laughter*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MooHAHAHAHA

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ever think about how even T types make decisions based on subjectivity? I mean you're not going with what IS the most logical, you're going with what is the most logical IN YOUR OPINION.

In the end EVERYTHING is sujective. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.:devil:

touche salesman...touche

MerkW

Definitely. I believe that this was even a question on a MBTI test somewhere (I do not recall which one).

On the main subject, though, I am surprised how many people are ganging up on BlueWing. Yes, it may have the potential of sounding a little biased and prejudiced against F types, but there are some valid points.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
On the main subject, though, I am surprised how many people are ganging up on BlueWing. Yes, it may have the potential of sounding a little biased and prejudiced against F types, but there are some valid points.

To be honest, the OP is just a long-winded rearticulation of all of the weaknesses of "F" types. What other "points" are there aside from the fact that the misuse of the feeling function is irritating to him?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Definitely. I believe that this was even a question on a MBTI test somewhere (I do not recall which one).

It's his superior tone. The disingenuous of posting a rant while posing as a paragon of logic and objectivity and the fact that, except for his recent sabbatical from the forums, he's practically a broken record on the Evils of Feelers, especially the Evils of Fe. I'm hoping someday the magic of love will enlighten him. :devil:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that dominatrix outfit of yours is very objective : Punish Don !
don't see how he could have missed that

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To be honest, the OP is just a long-winded rearticulation of all of the weaknesses of "F" types. What other "points" are there aside from the fact that the misuse of the feeling function is irritating to him?

Agreed. And not only that, some of the weaknesses are of unhealthy Fs. Oh and then there's the false generalizations/stereotypes he's got in there. Dunno how you could post that and expect to not get a negative reaction.

This is the part where we all go out for a cheesburger.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. And not only that, some of the weaknesses are of unhealthy Fs. Oh and then there's the false generalizations/stereotypes he's got in there. Dunno how you could post that and expect to not get a negative reaction.

This is the part where we all go out for a cheesburger.

*Puts arm around Sunshine, gets burned, pleasantly*
You know, i learned something today,.......

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
that dominatrix outfit of yours is very objective : Punish Don !
don't see how he could have missed that
Wait! Maybe BlueWing likes to be punished and that's why he posts these things! We've all been duped into participating in his twisted fantasies!

I feel so dirty now. :ohmy:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait! Maybe BlueWing likes to be punished and that's why he posts these things! We've all been duped into participating in his twisted fantasies!

I feel so dirty now. :ohmy:

Pool Party after we shower !

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bluewing - Whether you like it or not, the world will(has) F(ed) you

Status