• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] F mystery debunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I do want to know if he's OK. A sudden change of character is very worrying.

.....the harder they fall.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come on, Magic... don't take it personally. Don't be mean. He is obviously in a bad state right now.

I agree vehemently that this thread should be locked immediately. (But who am I?)

I want to think that... But I have doubt that he's going to improver his act. He's had plenty of time, and he's only gotten gradually worse. I don't feel like forming a support group for someone that his mocking and insulting us all.

Actually, I'm having trouble telling how much of DarkWing's meltdown was serious and how much was a purposeful farce.

Honestly.

I don't know if this really has to be an either/or proposition. To me, it seems obvious that the vast majority of this is farce. A mockery of things like group think, and epistemological skepticism, in some over-the-top attempt to make us seem wrong. It's totally misplaced of course, because I was never advocating anything like group think or subjectivism.

However, resorting so completely to this sort of tactic is the mark of someone at the end of their rope. He probably is melting down in a sense, just not in the same way that he is displaying to us. I detect that he is phenomenally frustrated. It's what happens when you can't figure out why you're wrong, and everyone else can.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's what happens when you can't figure out why you're wrong, and everyone else can.

actually, like it has here, it also happens when you can't figure out why everyone else can't see you're right.

and, he kept saying that because it was just another way to mock Fs who he thinks base their decisions on how they feel, thus who they like, and then say it. "you're my favorite whatever!"

i don't think he's fallen apart. FFS. he's just pissed, that's all, and he's showing it by making fun of people.

the time to worry about him is when he gives in.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if this really has to be an either/or proposition.

Well, true. And I know I do that too -- I'm often half-kidding, half-serious. (even my poking fun here with him was both at once, easily).

Sometimes when we're upset, we find it easier to become farcical so that the true strength of the emotion is diverted or avoided somehow, to prevent a massive meltdown.

I guess only time will tell.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually, like it has here, it also happens when you can't figure out why everyone else can't see you're right.

That is very often the same thing as being wrong and not knowing it. :)
At least, anyone who is wrong and doesn't know it will act like he/she is right and nobody else knows it. It's self-comforting. A coping mechanism.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
That is very often the same thing as being wrong and not knowing it. :)
At least, anyone who is wrong and doesn't know it will act like he/she is right and nobody else knows it. It's self-comforting. A coping mechanism.

why would you self-comfort if you honestly think everyone else is wrong?

being wrong and not knowing it may as well be being right to that person.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why would you self-comfort if you honestly think everyone else is wrong?

That's not how it works.

The point here is that the person only reinforces their belief that they are right to seek comfort. Their need for comfort is why they've declared that everyone else is wrong in the first place. It comes out of a fear of failure and compromise. Think of it as a form of cogntive dissonance.

Where other people who are less neurotic might look at all the commentary and calmly change their minds, people like BlueWing only solidify their stance in the face of adverse evidence. I can't know what's going on in his head, but I would guess that he has some horrible fear of being wrong about this for some reason.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Why is there such a need for closure on this issue?

Allow certain things to function as contextually inexplicable.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's not how it works.

The point here is that the person only reinforces their belief that they are right to seek comfort. Their need for comfort is why they've declared that everyone else is wrong in the first place. It comes out of a fear of failure and compromise. Think of it as a form of cogntive dissonance.

Where other people who are less neurotic might look at all the commentary and calmly change their minds, people like BlueWing only solidify their stance in the face of adverse evidence. I can't know what's going on in his head, but I would guess that he has some horrible fear of being wrong about this for some reason.

if you say so.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was hoping things would just sort of wind down and people would stop posting...
... but all right.

Nothing to see here, people.
Let's move along.
*waves*

Status
Not open for further replies.